LA
Carl Palmer is a drummer!!??

So was Carlton Palmer!!

Bh-V2k4IIAARzd1-1.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has joined cash strapped Villa along with Bolasie on loan, after they spent £3m on McGinn and kept Grealish.

I wish I was that poor.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
People get a bit confused.

Villa were actually "cash strapped". As in they were screwed financially and didn't have any money to pay their bills after Dr Tony pulled the plug. They were staring down the barrel of administration but someone has come in to put the cash in to keep them going.

It's different to Wednesday for example who have breached FFP, so it wouldn't matter if they were taken over by Qatar, they still wouldn't be allowed to spend any money on players, new contracts etc.

So Villa have new owners and can now afford to survive. Their next issue will be FFP depending on how much they spend in their forthcoming attempts to get promoted. FFP is worked out on losses in the EFL over 3 years so this may (and probably will) come to bite Villa on the arse as well, but not yet.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So a more serious question regarding Abraham and the many other young 'talented' footballers.
At one point Tammy was a good player and there are many others like him being pushed around for 'game time'. Heck we are just as guilty at sending out players. Now one season must be good, two and you're getting that game time but three seasons? Surely by now a player may just be thinking he is not wanted?
As I say, I'm not having a go at Abraham but more the big clubs that buy up all the U23 players on the chance that one may be good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here