Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] My music documentary - THE WEDDING PRESENT : SOMETHING LEFT BEHIND

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Never got to see the Weddoes festival while living in the area, one big regret :-( Maybe on a return trip - Is it any good?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Never got to see the Weddoes festival while living in the area, one big regret :-( Maybe on a return trip - Is it any good?

Yes. Always a great selection of bands. Tradition is that each act includes a weddoes cover version in their set which proves interesting. Only downer is there is the inevitable football clash. This year it’s Watford away which I am secretly hoping will move to Sunday but I very much doubt it will happen.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Hi again everyone.

The Wedding Present documentary I made will be screening at Duke of York's on August 10th. It's an early screening though to cater for people attending 'At The Edge Of The Sea' down at Concorde afterwards. Being a Friday though, it's worth an hour or so off work!

It screens at 4:00pm and will be followed by a Q&A with David Gedge + Shaun Charman (and myself).
Tickets here if anyone is interested:
https://ticketing.picturehouses.com...?cinemaco de=008&txtSessionId=6917&visLang=1

Last edited:

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Final reminder for anyone thinking of attending the film screening at Duke of York's today. It's followed by a live Q&A with David Gedge and (Albion fan) Shaun Charman.

Should be tickets left on the door or through the website in advance:
https://ticketing.picturehouses.com...px?cinemacode=008&txtSessionId=6917&visLang=1

There's a trailer at the bottom of page 4 of this thread and a film review here:
https://disarmmagazine.com/2018/04/...ocumentary-premiere-of-something-left-behind/

It'll also be discussed (repeated from last night) on radio reverb this morning at 9:35am.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I’m really hoping to get along to this. Going to EOTS but making it for 4 could be difficult.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Sorry to say I missed it..... Genuine reason involving a problem with my urinary catheter.

Didn't get to the gig either.

Should be able to get along today ..... If things go O.K. I'll be the painfully thin bloke with a walking stick who stinks of piss. If things go well I'll be the painfully thin bloke with a walking stick not stinking of piss. If things go really well I'll be a skinny bloke on the piss wishing he had his walking stick with him.

boik

Couldn't make the film I'm afraid. I'm hoping there will be other opportunities?

Did get to the gig and picked up a ltd edition anniversary poster which the great man himself signed. Unfortunately the gig wasn't up their amazingly high standards - think the material was weak in places, and although Danielle is a great musician, I find that her guitar playing lacks a bit of attack. Looking forward to today though whilst trying to follow the match.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I did not make the film sadly- some friends from Leeds did however and spoke very highly of it- going as far as saying it was quite emotional in parts! As for the bands I did enjoy the two days and thought the set lists for both Wedding Present sets were spot on. Playing bits of Tommy in between other material worked well I thought and to hear that William Shatner number live once more is always a treat. As for Danielle’s guitar playing- more than made up for with Charlie’s ferocious drumming. I’m going to spend today recovering and listening to a Marc Riley session I picked up at the merchandise.

boik

Really enjoyed yesterday. Fabulous bonus to hear Project Cenzo get an outing as well. Seems like Charlie (who picked the setlist) loves the songs that have the long hard outros. Mr Gedges right arm must be sore this morning.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Really enjoyed yesterday. Fabulous bonus to hear Project Cenzo get an outing as well. Seems like Charlie (who picked the setlist) loves the songs that have the long hard outros. Mr Gedges right arm must be sore this morning.

I am impressed that he has the energy when considering how much touring they do over the year.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Sorry to say I missed it..... Genuine reason involving a problem with my urinary catheter.

Didn't get to the gig either.

Should be able to get along today ..... If things go O.K. I'll be the painfully thin bloke with a walking stick who stinks of piss. If things go well I'll be the painfully thin bloke with a walking stick not stinking of piss. If things go really well I'll be a skinny bloke on the piss wishing he had his walking stick with him.

You’re definitely excused!
Hope things went “really well” and you made it last night at least.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Couldn't make the film I'm afraid. I'm hoping there will be other opportunities?

Did get to the gig and picked up a ltd edition anniversary poster which the great man himself signed. Unfortunately the gig wasn't up their amazingly high standards - think the material was weak in places, and although Danielle is a great musician, I find that her guitar playing lacks a bit of attack. Looking forward to today though whilst trying to follow the match.

It’s unlikely to play locally again. I think the Duke of York’s took a lot of persuading to even put this one on, even though it practically sold out in the end. It’s playing London in November though. Date TBC.

Other than that... Leeds, Glasgow, Dublin, Belfast and a couple more overseas to come so far.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
I did not make the film sadly- some friends from Leeds did however and spoke very highly of it- going as far as saying it was quite emotional in parts! As for the bands I did enjoy the two days and thought the set lists for both Wedding Present sets were spot on. Playing bits of Tommy in between other material worked well I thought and to hear that William Shatner number live once more is always a treat. As for Danielle’s guitar playing- more than made up for with Charlie’s ferocious drumming. I’m going to spend today recovering and listening to a Marc Riley session I picked up at the merchandise.

Glad your friends enjoyed it. Seems to be getting a pretty good reaction whenever it’s played so far, which is very pleasing.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006

Really enjoyed last night’s set. They are all a bit worn out today after that record breaking ‘Take Me’ outro. Gedge had just picked up the bar tab for everyone though after a celebratory roast, which was nice!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here