Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Cyclist Scumbag

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Red lights don’t seem to apply to cyclists in London, apparently they own the road considering the aggressive behaviour they show to other road users.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The fact that he's a cyclist is, in this particular instance (it being a news story about a cyclist running a red light and decking some poor bugger), particularly relevant, don't you think?

No I don't. It is people and the way they behave. There are twats in all walks of life, all races, all modes of transport and all religions. This post, and others on twitter etc are focusing on cyclists because of one ****'s actions is really unhelpful. More fuel and justification for small minded angry people to take out their aggression on all cyclists.

I'm a cyclist, I'm a driver, I'm a pedestrian, I'm a runner. I can also be a **** of course, as we all can.

I'm more vulnerable on a bike and having small minded idiots who's natural hatred and rage is fueled by 'cyclists are twats' stories is a concern. Their appalling driving and lack of care for my safety being excused in their tiny mind by some story of a cyclist jumping a red light and headbutting someone, or jumping a red light and being rude.

Put another way, do you think the guy would have not headbutted someone that got in his way or otherwise irritated him if he wasn't on a bike? Was it the bike that made him react in that way?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
"you fvcking prick" would be my guess. And it would be entirely justified.

With any luck, that piece of scum cyclist will run the wrong red and be under a bus before long.

I wasn’t defending the cyclist for what he did and hopefully he will get identified and punished. I was just wondering what made him get off his bike and come back.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Assuming the OP gets just as angry every time he sees a road rage story in the news too. Or if they see a story about a negligent driver injuring others?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It usually happens around St. Peters Church. And Queens Road sometimes. But especially around St. Peters. It's a bit of a tarmac wonderland around there so could just be the amount of traffic lights to run is skewing my data. I dunno.

I did submit an FOI a few years back to Sussex Police asking for the number of fines handed out to cyclists running red lights and, for the entirety of 2016 (I think), they doled out one single fine. For the whole of Brighton.

Maybe I'm just a target :shrug:

Actually it happened to me at St Peters Church - it was Pete from big brother (just after he was on big brother, at a time when people actually watched that shit).

As said above that road/path is a mess. I once tried to follow the cycle path from Lewes Road to the seafront and it's impossible. Safer and quicker to stay on the road.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Assuming the OP gets just as angry every time he sees a road rage story in the news too. Or if they see a story about a negligent driver injuring others?

Im waiting for his updates on every assault that happens in the UK this week. Breath bated.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
No I don't. It is people and the way they behave. There are twats in all walks of life, all races, all modes of transport and all religions. This post, and others on twitter etc are focusing on cyclists because of one ****'s actions is really unhelpful. More fuel and justification for small minded angry people to take out their aggression on all cyclists.

I'm a cyclist, I'm a driver, I'm a pedestrian, I'm a runner. I can also be a **** of course, as we all can.

I'm more vulnerable on a bike and having small minded idiots who's natural hatred and rage is fueled by 'cyclists are twats' stories is a concern. Their appalling driving and lack of care for my safety being excused in their tiny mind by some story of a cyclist jumping a red light and headbutting someone, or jumping a red light and being rude.

Put another way, do you think the guy would have not headbutted someone that got in his way or otherwise irritated him if he wasn't on a bike? Was it the bike that made him react in that way?

Nah it's definitely him being a prick that made him act like a prick. But he didn't run the red light on his feet. He ran it on a bike. Making him, in this instance, a cyclist scumbag.

People of the bicycle you were doing so well, all morning.

The OP clearly wanted to have some 'fun' at our expense and now you're feeding him.

Scumbags walk on the pavement.
Scumbags ride bicycles
Scumbags drive cars.
Scumbags follow the Albion!

There are scumbags everywhere.

END OF THREAD.

It isn't like.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Red lights don’t seem to apply to cyclists in London, apparently they own the road considering the aggressive behaviour they show to other road users.

I think the aggressive behaviour comes from how easy it would be for them to be killed by motor vehicles in particular. I used to cycle in London, and it does feel part exhilarating part terrifying battle with tons of metal that could take you out with a single mistake. I'm not condoning the breaking of laws or the aggression, but it does stem from a basic survival instinct I think, you just want to be ahead of the traffic.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I think the aggressive behaviour comes from how easy it would be for them to be killed by motor vehicles in particular. I used to cycle in London, and it does feel part exhilarating part terrifying battle with tons of metal that could take you out with a single mistake. I'm not condoning the breaking of laws or the aggression, but it does stem from a basic survival instinct I think, you just want to be ahead of the traffic.

Someone I know is paralysed from the waist down after cycling like an idiot (his words) too close to a turning lorry in Westminster. I cycle everywhere and am always so conscious of how your life could ‘turn on a dime.’

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have to admit I find this a little hard to believe. I've been nearly killed by cars three times in the last week, whereas for bikes I would say about three times in my liftetime.

Try walking down London Road from the viaduct and into York Place. I used to do this every day for work and EVERY day without fail there was at least one fvckwit cyclist on the pavement almost hitting people. I did start to think it might be worth carrying a stick to shove in their spokes.

Diablo

Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Don`t get why some are saying OP is purely anti cyclist.Whether he is or not is irrelevant !
Everyone should be anti this Cyclist/person,who is a scumbag cyclist for ignoring road traffic signals. He is also a scumbag person for headbutting a person who happened to be in his way.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

When I used to drive into London a lot I saw cyclists taking some unbelievable risks. There's a cycle lane on the A3 coming out of Elephant & Castle and through Kennington. From around 5ish it's very well used with people finishing work so it gets very congested. The quicker riders want to overtake the slower ones and the amount of times I've seen people swerving out into the road without really looking is ridiculous, as a driver you just have to anticipate and be really careful.

You see bad driving and risk taking all the time on the roads but I think the difference is that in a car at those speeds if you get it wrong you have a prang and it's an inconvenience, if you get it wrong on a bike you can easily end up getting killed. It's been very well publicised how many cyclists are killed by lorries turning left but you still see people going past lorries on the inside, it's just madness.

Don`t get why some are saying OP is purely anti cyclist.Whether he is or not is irrelevant !
Everyone should be anti this Cyclist/person,who is a scumbag cyclist for ignoring road traffic signals. He is also a scumbag person for headbutting a person who happened to be in his way.

Because they are blinkered people with blinkered attitudes clambering to be offended.

I am a very keen cyclist now, although I do most of it on the cycle tracks around Burgess Hill and also on the Downs link to avoid morons in cars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here