Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Resilient Electronic...

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
As it's the break I'll chuck a thread in about something which was pleasantly surprising this morning...

I rushed through the door on Friday night, on the phone to my Sister using my Apple Airbuds. I said goodbye, tapped the earpiece and cracked on with getting ready to go out. Saturday morning I got the Airbud case out of my pocket. No Airbuds inside. and I couldn't for the life of me think where I'd left them. Yes, that 'bollocks..' moment. After a full house search I twigged I must have ragged them out of my lug holes and dropped them in the pocket of my jeans which I'd then thrown in the wash bin.

Now, as Mrs Nose is right on top of everything household : yes.... they were already in the washing machine, half way through a cycle. I saw one of the little white sticks bouncing around amongst the bubbles in the 40 degree water through the glass and cursed my stupidity.

So, only one Airbud in with all the clothes which come out. Maybe the other one dropped out of my pocket in the wash bin. I'll look later. Then, about half an hour later there's a 'clank clank clank' in the tumble dryer. I pop the door open to see (amongst the heat haze) - the other sodding Airbud!

Now for the finale... I put them both in the airing cupboard last night on top of the boiler as I'd got nothing to lose, put them in the case to charge this morning - and.. they only bloody work perfectly!! :eek:

Does anyone else have any tales of electronic gadget resilience until we start talking about the game next Saturday? ???

PS : Vibrators don't count.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Years back I put one of the original ipod shuffles (the ones that looked like a lighter) through a full wash.
Left it out to dry like you and it worked. Died a month or so later though.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
As it's the break I'll chuck a thread in about something which was pleasantly surprising this morning...

I rushed through the door on Friday night, on the phone to my Sister using my Apple Airbuds. I said goodbye, tapped the earpiece and cracked on with getting ready to go out. Saturday morning I got the Airbud case out of my pocket. No Airbuds inside. and I couldn't for the life of me think where I'd left them. Yes, that 'bollocks..' moment. After a full house search I twigged I must have ragged them out of my lug holes and dropped them in the pocket of my jeans which I'd then thrown in the wash bin.

Now, as Mrs Nose is right on top of everything household : yes.... they were already in the washing machine, half way through a cycle. I saw one of the little white sticks bouncing around amongst the bubbles in the 40 degree water through the glass and cursed my stupidity.

So, only one Airbud in with all the clothes which come out. Maybe the other one dropped out of my pocket in the wash bin. I'll look later. Then, about half an hour later there's a 'clank clank clank' in the tumble dryer. I pop the door open to see (amongst the heat haze) - the other sodding Airbud!

Now for the finale... I put them both in the airing cupboard last night on top of the boiler as I'd got nothing to lose, put them in the case to charge this morning - and.. they only bloody work perfectly!! :eek:

Does anyone else have any tales of electronic gadget resilience until we start talking about the game next Saturday? ???

PS : Vibrators don't count.

Aw crap. Well there goes the story about my anal intruder!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I took a lovely swim in Lake Garda with my son and grandkids a few years ago. 15 mins in the water when I realised I had my iphone in my pocket. I tried the rice in a tupperware container trick and it worked after a fashion but was basically fecked. I phoned Apple and was totally honest with them as to what had happened. Sent it back to them and they replaced it with a refurbished model the same as the one I had buggered. Total cost £90, I was impressed with the customer service :thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I am pretty technophobic, I hate smartphones and my computer is 10 years old, I use mp3 players etc. But Nokia phones are godlike animals. They survive everything. I had one for 8 years (before I lost it) and I am a crazy careless and destructive human being.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
My Ronco sewing machine had the experience of a bent needle breaking off inside AND a half cup of latte spilled all over the rear end.

Delighted to say buttons and small hems are still being sorted with ease and flexibility by my portable friend.

s-l300.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My Ronco sewing machine had the experience of a bent needle breaking off inside AND a half cup of latte spilled all over the rear end.

Delighted to say buttons and small hems are still being sorted with ease and flexibility by my portable friend.

View attachment 115039

Interestingly my son and his GF dragged our old machine out yesterday (it was my mother in laws, so is donkey’s years old) as she needed to do some stuff for one of her classes at school. Room was filled with smoke soon after [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I cycled into a canal a few years back with two laptops, phone and a hard drive.

They were all completely ****ed but the bike was OK

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I left a Bose Soundlink mini outside for 3 days where it experienced rain, freezing temperatures, all that North Wales could throw at it - Came through it like Peter Kay's hobnobs. Marvellous speaker, decent sound & great battery..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here