Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Citeh's boys are gonna be taking one helluva beating

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I can't see passst a lost tbh, just hope it's not embarrassing and we make them work for the win.

My fear is an early goal for them and the flood gates open.

Why are people thinking we can get a result? Genuine question.
It’s a game of football. Upsets happen. Palace beat them in Manchester last season.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Man City are a relentless machine so I can’t see anything other than a thrashing even with our improved performances this season.

They are miles ahead of any other team in this country (even though Liverpool ran them close last season) and it’s not good for the Premier League. Hopefully they’ll win the Champions League this year so Pep gets bored and leaves.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
We've got a good (carefully selected) record against them in the top flight

29 Dec 1979 Brighton and Hove Albion v Manchester City W 4-1 League Division One
28 Mar 1981 Manchester City v Brighton and Hove Albion D 1-1 League Division One
03 Oct 1981 Brighton and Hove Albion v Manchester City W 4-1 League Division One
18 Dec 1982 Manchester City v Brighton and Hove Albion D 1-1 League Division One
29 Jan 1983 Brighton and Hove Albion v Manchester City W 4-0 FA Cup

Should be an easy three points for us.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We have to get the last game out of our mind and keep it 11 v 11. I'm still pissed off with Andone but so far with him in mind we have been unbeaten this season with 11 players on the pitch.

The fact that we are not intending to park the bus for 90 mins actually gives us some sort of chance. We could play defensive and lose or we can play well and lose. 5-3 would be a great result tbh.

Anyway if we can keep 11 on the pitch we, as fans, should learn a lot from this afternoon.

Judging by the odds this could be a record breaking score against us double figures perhaps
No, the odds reflect the fact that city won 18 of their home League games last season. They surprisingly lost the other when you would have thought a draw more likely. Maybe the bookmakers are saying it's 50:50 as to whether City will lose another home game this season and if they do, far more likely to be against another top six side than the one that finished twelfth. This makes 33-1 poor odds, and I'd say our true chances of victory would be more like one in a hundred.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's an urban myth, put about (I suspect) by City supporters jealous of the coaches from all over the country that thronged the car parks around Old Trafford.

I only know a few Mancunians but they are all lifelong City fans :shrug:

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
For the first time since we have been a Premier League team I am actually looking forward to seeing us play a top two team away from home. It could all go cricket score but I feel that at least we will give ourselves a chance, however small. Not settle for a narrow defeat as an achievement before a ball is kicked

Couldn’t agree more - especially for not having the attitude of going there just to settle for losing by as small a margin as possible.

My fear is an early goal for them and the flood gates open.
That fear should have been allayed following the FA Cup semi final.

They are miles ahead of any other team in this country (even though Liverpool ran them close last season) and it’s not good for the Premier League
I think you've contradicted yourself there. Not only was it by a single point, they were also put out of the Champions League by Tottenham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here