Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Apple lovers only thread...Air Pods

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I made an impulse purchase on a pair of these a couple of weeks ago.

Stupidly expensive but wow, best headphones I’ve ever bought. Love the tapping on the pod to move a track on and to mute them. Sound quality is excellent imo too.

Downside is looking like you’ve got a couple of electric toothbrush heads sticking out of your ears

Who on here has them, opinions?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
They always look to me that they would easily drop out. I'm sure that once I fall asleep with them in I would lose them.

Luckily I don’t work out or run so it’s not a problem I have but yes, I reckon I might well lose them if I did.

Love the box they come in that charges them up when not using them too. I’m a sucker for new gadgets.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I have some, won in a magazine competition. I was reluctant to use them at first but have grown to love them. I know some sound purists who feel other wireless ear pods are better, but I like the apple shape and that they don't completely shut out the world around me.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
To counter the risk of loss if one of them falls out, why not just attach the two of them together with a piece of thin cable or string? Sorted.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
PinkLady-Pomme2015.png
Oops! Didn't fully read the thread title..:moo:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I bought some for my wife last summer - and I thought they were so good that I bought another pair for myself. I use them to both listen to music on the train and at work and for meetings. If only they were noise cancelling they would be perfect (but probably use more power).

Like all sealed electronic things, the problems will arrive once the battery in each earbud thing doesn't hold so much charge.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
They’re incredibly over priced IMO. For me, the price of £200 doesn’t justify their advantages. They’re small, easy to use and wireless. All great pros. But the sound and comfort compared to alternatives in that price range is noticeably worse. I’ve only used these pods once, trying a friends. I wasn’t impressed. A huge step down from my Sennheiser on-ear headset that was £80 cheaper!

When I’m most likely to use headphones, I’ll be at home or will be going on a long journey. In either case the inconvenience of having to carry a larger headset is not an issue, I’ll just use the rucksack I’m travelling with. My regular weekly commute to uni is only 30 mins long, I don’t see the point in these pods when I can just use the regular headphones or find space in my bag for a better headset. Certainly not for £200.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
They’re incredibly over priced IMO. For me, the price of £200 doesn’t justify their advantages. They’re small, easy to use and wireless. All great pros. But the sound and comfort compared to alternatives in that price range is noticeably worse. I’ve only used these pods once, trying a friends. I wasn’t impressed. A huge step down from my Sennheiser on-ear headset that was £80 cheaper!

When I’m most likely to use headphones, I’ll be at home or will be go on a long journey. In either case the inconvenience of having to carry a larger headset is not an issue, I’ll just use the rucksack I’m travelling with. My regular weekly commute to uni is only 30 mins long, I don’t see the point in these pods when I can just use the regular headphones or find space in my bag for a better headset. Certainly not for £200.

£150

You’ve just reminded me of another plus, apart from charging from the box, the box and earphones are small enough to just pop in a pocket

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Wireless charging case of wired?

Ah now I see why you said £200, no mine needs charging by a cable, I did baulk at the extra charge for wireless charging

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Ah now I see why you said £200, no mine needs charging by a cable, I did baulk at the extra charge for wireless charging

If you’re going premium for a no wired headset, might as well go all in with the no wires experience!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If you’re going premium for a no wired headset, might as well go all in with the no wires experience!

I use them for a max of 2 to 3 hours in a day, no need and I have charging wires all over the house :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Didn’t see the point at first. Now I love them. Great for running as well.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Love mine, use them mostly for sleeping, and sometimes in the office.
Sound quality is fine imo, there are better wireless buds out there, but it's not bad by any means.

Looking forward to v3 though with potential noise cancellation, then I can ditch the big n/c cans used on the train.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Sound quality is fine but you're paying for the wizardry of the wireless chip they've put in them. They work seamlessly.

But they don't fit in my ears so no matter what I think of them, Apple aren't getting my money!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here