Coppell ready for the real thing

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Coppell ready for the real thing

Brighton boss Steve Coppell has been pleased with the pre-season campaign and reckons his squad are now ready for "the real stuff".
The Withdean side ended their summer fixture list with a 3-2 home victory over a Leicester City XI - their fifth friendly win out of six - with an 85th-minute goal by Nathan Jones.

Coppell told the Brighton Telegraph & Argus: "I never get carried away by pre-season games, certainly against Premiership opposition, because they are a week behind and obviously play well within themselves.

"From my point of view I couldn't have asked for anything more. We had a run-out for almost everyone that is fit at the moment and the indications that have been coming through pre-season were enhanced a little bit.

"Individuals pushed themselves forward a bit more and going into the first game on Saturday I have to say pre-season has gone well.

"We had the one hiccup against Yeovil in terms of result and to a certain extent performance, but all in all I cannot complain. We are now set for the real stuff."

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What's this Brighton Telegraph & Argus? Got Brighton and Bradford mixed up has he?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Surely it should be the Mirror and Argus

or the Argus and Sun.

Either way, Stevie is on the right track!!:bounce: :clap: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports