Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Boris / Farage and all the Brexperts said we have to leave the EU to control our borders

and how does blaming the French or chucking them a few more MIllions fit in with "taking back control" ?

As I said, no country in the world can totally control its borders. We should be better equipped than most to do it, surrounded by water but our very defence has made us lax and our country has been ' open house ' for years. The real damage was done over 20 years ago, when, almost overnight, we went from controlled immigration of about 30,000 a year to something ( official ) between 300,000 and 500,000 a year and this was supported by government claims that these numbers were needed for the economy. ( Complete nonsense )
' Taking back control ' isn't worth the paper you wipe your arse with and is purely a soundbite. Europe is a morass of deliberate and contrived illegal movement and almost impossible to police.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The majority of illegal immigrants are male, aged under 30 ( backgrounds unknown ) and they are economic migrants. They don't want status in this country. They have learnt, through word of mouth, that they can live and work under the radar here. They are paid in cash, they are found accommodation and they never enter our system. You cannot find them on the electoral register and they have no tax number. They use multiple names and are traceless.
A genuine asylum seeker, that comes through official channels, settles here and pays tax and national insurance and contributes to society is not the problem. It is the anonymous males from Albania, Iraq, Sudan and one or two other hotspots, slipping in unnoticed and once here, disappearing into our society and living here without detection. Some of them will be here without our best interests at heart.

As I said, no country in the world can totally control its borders. We should be better equipped than most to do it, surrounded by water but our very defence has made us lax and our country has been ' open house ' for years. The real damage was done over 20 years ago, when, almost overnight, we went from controlled immigration of about 30,000 a year to something ( official ) between 300,000 and 500,000 a year and this was supported by government claims that these numbers were needed for the economy. ( Complete nonsense )
' Taking back control ' isn't worth the paper you wipe your arse with and is purely a soundbite. Europe is a morass of deliberate and contrived illegal movement and almost impossible to police.

Hope you feel better for that

And you're in the Bear pit now, so you can say what you really think. You don't have to pretend that Brexit wasn't all about immigrants anymore.

Fill yer boots :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I appreciate that , but by giving the Government more power to return illegal migrants is better than the current situation the UK is faced with ie EU laws still applicable, agree ?
Regards
DF

Fine...for those traced and intercepted. It is the hundreds ( nay thousands ) slipping in unnoticed that is the problem. You cannot control nearly 8000 miles of coastline ( nearly 20000 if you include the larger islands ) Thats why a illicit smuggling trade still exists here. Trying to police and control an area stretching from Deal and Dover and then the miles of open coastline from Hythe to Hastings would be a hell of a job. It could be done, at some expense, with an extensive CCTV system but the cost of operating that may be deemed prohibitive.
( On the other hand...we could erect a bloody great fence..now thats an idea...why has no one thought of that before )

Jan 30, 2008
The majority of illegal immigrants are male, aged under 30 ( backgrounds unknown ) and they are economic migrants. They don't want status in this country. They have learnt, through word of mouth, that they can live and work under the radar here. They are paid in cash, they are found accommodation and they never enter our system. You cannot find them on the electoral register and they have no tax number. They use multiple names and are traceless.
A genuine asylum seeker, that comes through official channels, settles here and pays tax and national insurance and contributes to society is not the problem. It is the anonymous males from Albania, Iraq, Sudan and one or two other hotspots, slipping in unnoticed and once here, disappearing into our society and living here without detection. Some of them will be here without our best interests at heart.

Most people in this country are aware of this situation, the bubble brigade on the other hand aren't or don't want to see it that way
Have faith that the majority outway the minority on the subject
Regards
DF

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

That’s all well and good but we must do more to help these toddlers..
3e8f8e4c55b526a944fea05358de9101.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dont worry they wont have to when the new laws have been passed, bye bye illegal migrants NOT WANTED in the UK
regards
DF

Maritime Law is international and nothing to do with the EU. :facepalm:

I want refugees here, so you aren't the norm.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Hassan was an English teacher in Damascus, and fled after being tortured. He now works in a hospital as a cleaner, which is a very useful occupation whilst the pandemic is on. A valuable member of our society.
He walked across Europe to get here.

[tweet]1296711039661244416[/tweet]

Nah...won’t be taking lectures from someone who entered the country illegally. If Hassan is unhappy with our current government I suggest he relocates to somewhere he feels more comfortable.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Of course, you have all the relevant details from Border Force, and Immigration services to prove this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nah...won’t be taking lectures from someone who entered the country illegally. If Hassan is unhappy with our current government I suggest he relocates to somewhere he feels more comfortable.

Relocates? So you are in favour of immigration, then? Just like Yaxley-Lennon emigrating to Spain, and the majority of our government making sure they have alternative passports so they can still travel around under Free Movement.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Relocates? So you are in favour of immigration, then? Just like Yaxley-Lennon emigrating to Spain, and the majority of our government making sure they have alternative passports so they can still travel around under Free Movement.

If Hassan does not like it in the UK, the country that has now offered safe haven to a man that broke its laws before even setting foot on its soil, then perhaps he is better off finding a country that better suits his needs. Perhaps he might like to try and rebuild his country.
And yes indeed, I am in favour of legal immigration, not rocking up on a lilo having passed through half a dozen safe countries and dripping like a sceptic fanny when showered with money and housing.
I think Hassan will be a lot happier when he leaves this racist fly hole, I wish him well.

Jan 30, 2008
That’s all well and good but we must do more to help these toddlers..
3e8f8e4c55b526a944fea05358de9101.jpg

Yet some people find this acceptable , what person in their right mind wouldnt question this invasion taking place because that's exactly what it is ,people with no Documentation illegally entering the UK ,crazy !
Regards
DF

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
If Hassan does not like it in the UK, the country that has now offered safe haven to a man that broke its laws before even setting foot on its soil, then perhaps he is better off finding a country that better suits his needs. Perhaps he might like to try and rebuild his country.
And yes indeed, I am in favour of legal immigration, not rocking up on a lilo having passed through half a dozen safe countries and dripping like a sceptic fanny when showered with money and housing.
I think Hassan will be a lot happier when he leaves this racist fly hole, I wish him well.

I feel like that message went right over your head

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here