Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matchday Tickets

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Think I went to 4 home games last season with petrol I'm looking at £200 for the day out and a standard ticket £40 ticket plus food and 2 pints.

We've decided to do 2 home games and 5 away if available as we simply can't afford the cost of a home game, yep we're in the middle of nowhere and Wolves at 3 hour is our nearest ground to visit but that still works out £85 cheaper than a brighton game, obviously that's not the clubs fault regarding distance but the bloody cat A B C thing is a joke for all fans, and I just wish as a club we would stop it and make all games one price at the lower end of extortion if possible.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sorry, I didn’t mean to make generalisations. There will be some hardcore fans, even youngsters and students etc who can’t afford to go to as many games and I feel for them. I’m not a rich man and my ST is my one major personal treat which I love and work hard for. I just feel sorry for those who can’t afford to go to so many games who used to go Withdean or Gillingham or the Goldstone. I’m sure there are some.

Totally agree. A friend once made the point that when we started watching football as kids, the cost was pocket money and similar to the price of the cinema. Now it’s about ten times the cost of the kino.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Totally agree. A friend once made the point that when we started watching football as kids, the cost was pocket money and similar to the price of the cinema. Now it’s about ten times the cost of the kino.

Ten times!? Have you been to the cinema recently? That's a tenner now, itself.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ten times!? Have you been to the cinema recently? That's a tenner now, itself.

I haven’t actually, not for a few years now. It’s something I want to change though.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Think I went to 4 home games last season with petrol I'm looking at £200 for the day out and a standard ticket £40 ticket plus food and 2 pints.

We've decided to do 2 home games and 5 away if available as we simply can't afford the cost of a home game, yep we're in the middle of nowhere and Wolves at 3 hour is our nearest ground to visit but that still works out £85 cheaper than a brighton game, obviously that's not the clubs fault regarding distance but the bloody cat A B C thing is a joke for all fans, and I just wish as a club we would stop it and make all games one price at the lower end of extortion if possible.

Three hours to Wolves! I can only guess that you live in really deep, really dark Wales? If so, you either moved there for isolation or for house prices, either way it was your choice. Alternatively you really were born unlucky.........

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
In the last week I have asked 7 people that I know who either cant afford ST or cannot commit to enough games what they thought of matchday prices. Interesting although all go to 3/4 games a season not one has ever bought a matchday ticket from club. All go when a friend or contact cant go and reimburse for cost of ticket. Also only one is a member. Dont tell Mr Barber.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Season ticket waiting list is different to match day tickets. If I didnt have a season ticket I would barely go.
I said this the other day most games are £35 in the North including travel it’s going to cost you a tenner to get there and back it’s not horrific as some make out. It does gripe me why home fans have to pay more to probably see us get beat by the top 4 when away tickets are still only £30.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
There’s a lot more tickets left for Saturdays game than there were this time last week for the West Ham match so I think it’s very unlikely it will sell out.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I am unable to commit to enough games to have a season ticket, but I do go to as many home games that I can maybe 10/12 !

It is really expensive even for the C games (we sit in the ESU - don't judge me) and how much longer I will be able to afford to go to so many, I don't know. But all the time I can afford it and I'm fit enough to go, I will go to as many games as I can.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just checked - Toy Story 4 at the new cinema in Eastbourne = £11.90 for an Adult. £8.40 for a child.

Both Bognor and Worthing cinemas have a flat rate between £3.50. &. £4.50.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am unable to commit to enough games to have a season ticket, but I do go to as many home games that I can maybe 10/12 !

It is really expensive even for the C games (we sit in the ESU - don't judge me) and how much longer I will be able to afford to go to so many, I don't know. But all the time I can afford it and I'm fit enough to go, I will go to as many games as I can.

12 match day tickets (if you're buying them from the club, rather than borrowing mates' STs) must cost about the same as a season ticket?

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
12 match day tickets (if you're buying them from the club, rather than borrowing mates' STs) must cost about the same as a season ticket?

It's not far off, but at least we can move around and not be stuck next to some miserable buggers for a whole season. You know the ones, they moan all the time, don't cheer or sing!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Pales into insignificance if you buy a bag of pick n mix sweets when you get there..........:eek:

Can't afford cinema, let alone cinema pick and mix. Still paying off my 1997 cinema Large Popcorn debts. They don't mess around if you don't pay, those cinema boys.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not far off, but at least we can move around and not be stuck next to some miserable buggers for a whole season. You know the ones, they moan all the time, don't cheer or sing!

ESU you say - You must have been unlucky.

On so many occasions. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here