Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didn’t help though, nor did Burn’s, Propper or Murray’s misses.

Or Burn playing West Ham onside.

I guess given his excellent finish at Watford the bar has been set. Personally, think he might be a 1 in 6 chances type of player....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"One Teddy Maybank" thinks he might be a 1 in 6 chances type of player. "The" Teddy Maybank could only dream of those stats. :)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But a drag back from the by-line to an already well positioned striker, on the penalty spot, with the ball arriving on the half volley has to be day 1 lesson 1 in striker school.

Do you ever watch the pre-match warm up? They essentially do this - one of the coaches plays the ball to each player in turn, and they take a shot. It's amazing how often they miss.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Didn’t help though, nor did Burn’s, Propper or Murray’s misses.

Or Burn playing West Ham onside.

I guess given his excellent finish at Watford the bar has been set. Personally, think he might be a 1 in 6 chances type of player....

I’d absolutely take 1 in 6 now that we seem able to create enough decent chances - that would put him on a par with, for example, Aguero who averages 4.5 shots per game with a scoring ratio of about 0.8 goals per game.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I’d absolutely take 1 in 6 now that we seem able to create enough decent chances - that would put him on a par with, for example, Aguero who averages 4.5 shots per game with a scoring ratio of about 0.8 goals per game.

At Brentford Maupay averaged 1 goal for every 5.6 shots in the Championship, Excluding penalties.

To make a comparison, here are Glenn's stats for Championship compared with his Premier League numbers, excluding penalties.

16/17 Champ. 4.8 shots per goal scored
17/18 Prem. 4.6 shots per goal scored
18/19 Prem. 4.3 shots per goal scored

And Sergio Aguero's stats since he joined the Premier League are,

5.48 shots per goal scored, excluding penalties.

Just goes to show how good Glenn is, and what big boots Maupay will need to fill when Glenn hangs them up.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We have just come off the back of a season where if we did not score from our 1 shot on target per game we would not get a result now we are moaning we are missing 2-3 good chances in a game!!

Honestly you could not make it up. Keep that up the strikers will find their feet and the goals will flow

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
At Brentford Maupay averaged 1 goal for every 5.6 shots in the Championship, Excluding penalties.

To make a comparison, here are Glenn's stats for Championship compared with his Premier League numbers, excluding penalties.

Just goes to show how good Glenn is, and what big boots Maupay will need to fill when Glenn hangs them up.

Matching Glenn's conversion rate is a big ask for any striker but thankfully isn't necessary. I'm hopeful Maupay (or someone else) will take more shots than Glenn, having got in behind the defence more frequently.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Yup, Murray’s ratio is extraordinary........there just aren’t enough shots now though. Maupay will get in to shooting positions far more often

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Excellent. Never seen these stats before. Shows Muzza in a good light.

Also Maupay should get more chances with our new Potterball style and with his conversion rate being somewhat similar to his Championship rate (hopefully).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Matching Glenn's conversion rate is a big ask for any striker but thankfully isn't necessary. I'm hopeful Maupay (or someone else) will take more shots than Glenn, having got in behind the defence more frequently.

Spot on. As if we didn't know already, Murray is an extraordinary goalscorer. It's his lack of pace that's the problem. With a bit of luck, he'll start home games this season (where pace isn't quite so important), but not away (when we'll have less possession).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
"One Teddy Maybank" thinks he might be a 1 in 6 chances type of player. "The" Teddy Maybank could only dream of those stats. :)

How very dare you Sir!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I’ll refer you to our first ever goal in the top division and key goals in the run in vs Luton and Blackburn [emoji23][emoji23]

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Let’s see, but yes. Obviously, he has to be on the pitch [emoji2]

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We have just come off the back of a season where if we did not score from our 1 shot on target per game we would not get a result now we are moaning we are missing 2-3 good chances in a game!!

Honestly you could not make it up. Keep that up the strikers will find their feet and the goals will flow

Just shows how lethal/clinical we were, must have been the coaching me thinks [emoji6]

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
How very dare you Sir!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I’ll refer you to our first ever goal in the top division and key goals in the run in vs Luton and Blackburn [emoji23][emoji23]

I remember his first goal in the second division and the crowd around me saying what a good buy he was!

Think it was in the first 5 mins (definitely the first 10) ?:thumbsup:

Did he score our first goal in the old First Div at Villa? I honestly can't remember.

I also remember some of our fans not being so happy with him at Kennilworth Road. They started a two word chant about him. the second word was out :)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I remember his first goal in the second division and the crowd around me saying what a good buy he was!

Did he score our first goal in the old First Div at Villa? I honestly can't remember.

I also remember some of our fans not being so happy with him at Kennilworth Road. They started a two word chant about him. the second word was out :)

Yes, I remember that first game though not the opponent, scored in his second as well at Blackpool.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

He was a bit of a flair player but never on the same wavelength as Wardie. Remember his bicycle kick against Sunderland which hit the bar.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you ever watch the pre-match warm up? They essentially do this - one of the coaches plays the ball to each player in turn, and they take a shot. It's amazing how often they miss.
Sadly, it isn't. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here