Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Outside of the Albion, my favourite transfer of the summer was definitely Roma and Italy hero Daniele De Rossi joining Boca Juniors and I noticed our boy Mac started in midfield alongside him earlier today. They lost on penalties in the cup which was a bit of a giant killing shock but De Rossi did score from a Macallister corner.

It can only do him good playing with an absolute legend of a player and bloke, top, top professional.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RVEHjy3ANv4

Hopefully De Rossi's experience will help him to improve which could then get us even more money once we sell him.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Hopefully De Rossi's experience will help him to improve which could then get us even more money once we sell him.

I’m not giving up on a work permit for him. Argentina are in a massive state of flux at the moment and are certainly not as strong as they used to be so more players from the Argentinian league are being called up which gives him a much better chance of also being called up.

If not, we sell him for a big profit. This was a very clever bit of business by the club either way as he is clearly a real talent.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I’m not giving up on a work permit for him. Argentina are in a massive state of flux at the moment and are certainly not as strong as they used to be so more players from the Argentinian league are being called up which gives him a much better chance of also being called up.

If not, we sell him for a big profit. This was a very clever bit of business by the club either way as he is clearly a real talent.

If do end up selling him, hopefully we'll get some of the money back we squandered on signing AJ and Locadia

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Outside of the Albion, my favourite transfer of the summer was definitely Roma and Italy hero Daniele De Rossi joining Boca Juniors and I noticed our boy Mac started in midfield alongside him earlier today. They lost on penalties in the cup which was a bit of a giant killing shock but De Rossi did score from a Macallister corner.

It can only do him good playing with an absolute legend of a player and bloke, top, top professional.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RVEHjy3ANv4

If you want a mentor next to you in midfield as a kid learning the trade, DiRossi has to be up there as one of the all time best.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Like it or not, our club is a business and players are just commodities to be traded. It's part of a long term thing, it'll pay dividends eventually

Not 'just'. No need for the pejorative. I'm 'just' a bloke. Woe is me ???

And the opposite, 'our players are not commodiies and are too poorly regarded for anyone to buy' would hardly be a thing to boast about.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're not liking it, then?

It's OK. We are all commodities and valued members of the team. Or not. But what else can we be?

I don't like it when managers with a thin squad say things like 'we need some bodies in' though. Just bodies? What about some useful commodities? And what about treating them like valued members of the team so they are encouraged to play their part? I think Maureen forgot this important lesson towards the end of hus managerial career. I wonder if the two might be related? ???

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Really quite something that we have a player contracted to us in the last four of the most important tournament in South America. Possible repeat of Boca vs River Plate incoming in the semis - where will they play it this time? Madrid? Milan? Timbuktu?

Madison Square Gardens?
York Hall, Bethnal Green?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really quite something that we have a player contracted to us in the last four of the most important tournament in South America. Possible repeat of Boca vs River Plate incoming in the semis - where will they play it this time? Madrid? Milan? Timbuktu?

The AMEX!!! :lol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2

Attachments

• macallister.png
    macallister.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 518

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A few of the Guardian readers struggling to get their head round it slightly:

Can someone add a comment to complicate it even further “a player who is unlikely to ever play a game for Brighton”

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's the spirit. :thumbsup:

I know, but as he plays for his dream team already I fear we will have to drag him kicking and screaming to come and play for us :shrug:

I think that I am just being a realist and TB will make a hefty profit when he sells him to Boca.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Boca don't have that sort of money. A decent sized European club is more likely.

I know, but as he plays for his dream team already I fear we will have to drag him kicking and screaming to come and play for us :shrug:

I think that I am just being a realist and TB will make a hefty profit when he sells him to Boca.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here