Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for West Ham

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Seems harsh to change anyone but I would like to see Trossard get a run out, either from the start or off the bench.

I'd also like to see how Bernardo would do as a wing back. Wouldn't mind seeing Webster either. Or how Mooy would do. Perhaps Locadia in the murray role with Andone and Maupay. It would be interesting to see if Ali J could offer anything in the new formation as well.

We've got so many options now and so much to look forward to. I can't wait for the next game to see who plays, what formation and how we do. It's like being a kid at xmas again. So many toys to play with!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I predict a change to four at the back, and three or four changes in personnel

Why?

We know that Potter likes to change his formation but I’m assuming that he does not just switch for the sake of it? He only changed his formation four times last season after a win.

Is there something about West Hams’s 4-2-3-1 that warrants us matching their system?

I thought that our central midfielders were brilliant at the weekend, having the extra defender sitting behind them has done wonders for their confidence when it comes to playing further up the pitch and attacking.

If he has to tinker, Trossard and Maupay might be the beneficiaries but I can’t see any change to the back 3 or central 4. Who does he then bring on if West Ham start to push up and we want to hit them on the break? Pace on the bench was a good thing against Watford.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Blimey, tough crowd.

A 3-0 win and still the majority want a number of changes !!

Personally I’d keep it the same..... but judging on GP’s comments about he started Groß instead of Trossard because of his premier league experience and the game being away from home I wouldn’t be surprised to see Trossard come in for either Groß or Locadia.

However if GP changes the system I’d expect a few more changes in personnel to suit it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have been supporting this club for too long. I know exactly what will happen on Saturday....whoever plays.:smile:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
However if GP changes the system I’d expect a few more changes in personnel to suit it.

I think we’ll see Potter’s 4-2-3-1 at some point but it doesn’t feel like the right time yet.

When we eventually get that system, I’d expect to see more pace up front (Andone or Maupay), Bernardo at left back and Ali J back in the team.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think we have a better squad now and more frequent changes could be expected.
keeps the team mentality and not the I'm not going to be dropped mentality.
Should play havoc on the bedwetters trying to keep up.

Sod them, what about my Fantasy Football selections?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Blimey, tough crowd.

A 3-0 win and still the majority want a number of changes !!

I don’t think anyone wants to make changes but are anticipating.. based on Potters reputation for changing systems and lineups from game to game.

It does seem harsh to change the starting lineup, but how the hell can we keep Maupay and Andone on the bench now!

Terrific problem to have.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Same starting XI - plenty of time to shake things up later.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i think Muzza has to be carefully managed this season ....he needs to be kept fully charged not run into the ground like last season.

i think we will see Trossard get a run maybe for Locadia i think Andone stays on the bench and Maupay and Muzz start up front.....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
i think Muzza has to be carefully managed this season ....he needs to be kept fully charged not run into the ground like last season.

i think we will see Trossard get a run maybe for Locadia i think Andone stays on the bench and Maupay and Muzz start up front.....

Playing 12, it's a crazy plan but it might just work.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
................as for Duffy losing his place? You need to see a doctor.

Duffy losing his place? Potter might the one who needs to see a doctor after telling him!

Potter does apparently like to select teams specifically for the next game, and likes to change things to keep it fresh. Nobody deserves to lose their place after the Watford game - but is that the team/line-op/formation that Potter thinks will beat West Ham? So, team for West Ham? - I haven't got a clue!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

My only tweak could be Maupay for Locadia, while Locadia was his normal neat and tidy self on Saturday I feel we need a greater threat up top with Murray.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ryan

Montoya Duffy Dunk Bernie

March Propper Stephens Locadia

Gross

Murray.

Pottertinio has already alpha'ed CH by only picking his players to a convincing 0-3 win.
Now he's gonna double down for the ultimate power move and do the same with his formation.

Who knew such a learned man, with inconsequential hair, could be such a ball breaker.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

My only tweak could be Maupay for Locadia, while Locadia was his normal neat and tidy self on Saturday I feel we need a greater threat up top with Murray.

Couldn't that also be:-

'I feel we need a greater threat up top without Murray'.

Thereby keeping the neat and tidy player while adding some extra pace to compliment the neatness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here