Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FourFourTwo Mag

el punal

Just picked up the latest edition mainly for their season preview supplement. As with most rags and assorted pundits our feet are already glued to the trapdoor of relegation - their prediction is we’ll finish 20th with Newcastle and Sheffield United as our companions in woe.

I just hope that come next May we can stuff that prediction down the throat of every lazy, ignorant journo and pundit. :rant:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Written a week or two before deadline day, of course...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just picked up the latest edition mainly for their season preview supplement. As with most rags and assorted pundits our feet are already glued to the trapdoor of relegation - their prediction is we’ll finish 20th with Newcastle and Sheffield United as our companions in woe.

I just hope that come next May we can stuff that prediction down the throat of every lazy, ignorant journo and pundit. :rant:
Didn't they predict the same last year? If it was recorded on here perhaps someone can bounce it?

I always take pre-season predictions with a pinch of salt (though I can't argue with any that have us nearer the bottom four than the top four) but it seems to me, IIRC, that 442 is always particularly vicious towards us.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
A lot of pundits base their predictions on our performance from the back end of last year. Which is fair enough, but they haven't seen the club from our point of view.

I think we're stronger than last year. So the only way is up! (...Hopefully!)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Didn't they predict the same last year? If it was recorded on here perhaps someone can bounce it?

I always take pre-season predictions with a pinch of salt (though I can't argue with any that have us nearer the bottom four than the top four) but it seems to me, IIRC, that 442 is always particularly vicious towards us.

(Cough) Palarse (cough)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

If it were ThreeFiveTwo Mag, then I'd be interested :thumbsup:

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
I really don't get how these pundits have Norwich better than relegation. It baffles me, granted I cannot predict how we will do; but on paper we have a better squad than them and all these predictions are entirely based on either:

1) How exotic the manager's name is
2) How well the team did in the season before, irrespective of league and signings.

I suspect 1) is the biggest influence.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Taking off our rosetinted specs, and based on how we did last season and only getting in one proven Prem player with experience, bringing a Manager with minimal experience in this Country and you can understand why the majority think we'll go down!

It's up to the players to prove to those who doubt them, and also prove to themselves that they DO belong in this league and improve their overall performances (for those who played last season).

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Written a week or two before deadline day, of course...

That issue of 442 went on sale 1st August, meaning that their editorial deadlines would likely have been around 12th July. So yes, you are right, but it was probably nearer 3 weeks before.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Why does anyone take ANY notice of predictions. They are mostly a single person at a desk juggling the table about. Like us when we do them for here.

I reckon we'll get 16th.

I probably know, like most on here, as much as any of them.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A lot of pundits base their predictions on our performance from the back end of last year. Which is fair enough, but they haven't seen the club from our point of view.

They predicted that we'd go down in 2015-16. You know, the season we missed promotion to the Premier League by a point.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Taking off our rosetinted specs, and based on how we did last season and only getting in one proven Prem player with experience, bringing a Manager with minimal experience in this Country and you can understand why the majority think we'll go down!

It's up to the players to prove to those who doubt them, and also prove to themselves that they DO belong in this league and improve their overall performances (for those who played last season).

Now you've spoiled the whole thing by introducing logic and good sense.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
They predicted that we'd go down in 2015-16. You know, the season we missed promotion to the Premier League by a point.

Goal difference. Actually, it was one goal. If we’d lost 2-0 to Middlesbrough and not 3-0, we’d have gone up ahead of them.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

This I agree with in regards to last season, yet they still believe we were wrong to sack C H

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here