[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So let's recap.

Trossard arrive very early.
Current record fee for a centre back.
Another centre back who amazingly is already ripping up the Championship.
Coveted centre forward.

v

1 (one) Goal last season Jordan Ayew.
Victor Camarasa just arrived on loan.
James McCarthy imminent.
&
Tumble desperate to leave.

That's even before the rumour of Mooy (meh) and Berge :ohmy:

Seemingly Carlsberg do make transfer windows.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wonder what Winefred is doing now? Smiling watching SSN tucked up in his (single) Arsenal duvet dreaming of Thursday evenings in Andora sporting the famous Everton blue? Ironing his pink Man Utd shirt? Posting cryptic social media messages then deleting them for more attention? Who ****ing knows...

Diving practice in full Arsenal kit, on his specially made home ice rink.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278798&page=454

"Sometimes everything changes in an instant. Of course, Zaha has wanted away for quite some time, but the nature of handing in a transfer request at the 11th hour to force through a marginally diagonal move is shitty. No two ways about it.

Arguably, neither Palace nor Zaha are in the debt of the other party. Palace developed Wilf and resurrected his career after the failed move to Man U (that we heavily facilitated that first time around) and he has repaid that with being a major factor in 5 successful PL campaigns. However, his emotional connection to a set of fans who have adored him and looked beyond his shortcomings to make him the first name on the teamsheet should count for something. His relationship with Parish is meant to be extremely tight. As too with Dougie who provided much needed guidance to a young Zaha. It is to Palace and her fans and to Parish that his actions are quite deplorable and, consequently, something rather sad has emerged in this story. A lid that cannot be put back on. For this reason I am now hoping a very big bid comes in tomorrow (from where I don't care) so that we can end this somewhat quickly.

Palace without Wilf is quite uncertain but there is growing sentiment that it has to occur sooner or later. A new way of playing that does not rely on his mercurial talent has to be found. Maybe some big funds can help that along. Don't get me wrong, he will be missed. A lot. However, at 27 he may already be at his peak. Quick feet and quick pace are still present but won't be so impressive in 2 - 3 years. His biggest failing has been his football intelligence and so you don't envisage him playing late into his 30's at the top level once his raw pace and power are on the wane. In so many ways this moment here is his big move. It looks like he and his team played it badly as Everton is now the best it will get for him. For all his raw talent, that is a criminal waste. His biggest frustration this last 12-18 months is that no genuine powerhouse of the game have seen fit to offer what Palace (rightly) feel he is worth.

I will wish him well (as I am sure Parish will too) as he has given us all great memories. He will also likely play more games for Palace than any other side. However, it does feel as though Zaha could have played the game smarter both on and off the pitch to not only have given him a shot at the very top, but also have done so without tainting his time with the club who'd have loved him (and probably still will) more than any other."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48H34ukFe8g

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hmmmm... it's fake and you're presenting as real.

Hmmm....no, I've casually quoted one of a shedloads of tweets, because its quite funny to add to all the angst. If you look at the #cpfc hashtag, these are all over the place, you could've picked any one of a dozen quoting deals all over the shop. Truth be known, I was hoping to lure in one of the goonsquad in to vehemently deny it, but nobody bit. Probably because they're avoiding this thread like the plague now, what with all the fun we're having today. Hey ho.

May or may not have been true, but its still FUNNY

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And that £60mil is the prime reason we wouldn’t let Dunky go for less than £120mil which is our stance. Duffy £90mil.
Although, to be clear, if anyone were to offer £120m or £90m respectively, the prices would magically change to £150m and £120m respectively.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So let's recap.

Trossard arrive very early.
Current record fee for a centre back.
Another centre back who amazingly is already ripping up the Championship.
Coveted centre forward.

v

1 (one) Goal last season Jordan Ayew.
Victor Camarasa just arrived on loan.
James McCarthy imminent.
&
Tumble desperate to leave.

That's even before the rumour of Mooy (meh) and Berge :ohmy:

Seemingly Carlsberg do make transfer windows.
Hmmm camarasa and Cahill is good business I'm afraid. If they keep zaha there's no reason they will finish any lower this season.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hmmm camarasa and Cahill is good business I'm afraid. If they keep zaha there's no reason they will finish any lower this season.

Why did Cahill only play two league games last year ?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
It's lovely seeing them get wound up about whether Everton are a bigger club than them. Unbelievable delusion of grandeur there - Time in the top flight: Palace = 5 consecutive years, Everton = 65 consecutive years.

Annoyingly, I've already sent off my predictions. Desperately, seeing if I can change them post-Zaha.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
*Sombre Bach overture*

“Little Steve was born without any external genitalia...every time he reaches into his filthy pants when he dreams of ex Susannah Reid in her nuddy pants, he weeps with impotent rage...will you spare two pounds a month...just two pounds to buy a new tyre to fix Christian Bentekes wages wheelbarrow?

Just two pounds will help Steve to buy another ring for his fence to stop his hovel from collapsing around his ears and pay for another blow wave and some new Aldi self tan.

Please.

Thankyou.

:lolol:
Outstanding. Such imagery.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Christ. Got your half and half scarf yet ?

Who's had the more productive transfer window ?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Especially with it being 24 hours till the window SLAMS shut. He has proper stiffed them with that one.

Now he's formalised it and told them he never wants to play for them again, any notions of offering him a new deal to keep him is surely out the window. They've got a disaffected, disillusioned, angry player in their squad who just wants OUT. If they hold him to his contract then the sulk will be epic, and the fans on his back from Saturday. If they sell, then they've got 1 day to get some deals over the line in a desperate attempt to strengthen and patch up the Zaha-sized hole left in their one-man-team squad.

Oh no wait - didn't they sign Jordan Ayew ?

Ahaa. Ahaaahahahahaha. Ahaahahaahahaaaaaaaaaaa :lolol:

spelling?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278798&page=454

"Sometimes everything changes in an instant. Of course, Zaha has wanted away for quite some time, but the nature of handing in a transfer request at the 11th hour to force through a marginally diagonal move is shitty. No two ways about it.

Arguably, neither Palace nor Zaha are in the debt of the other party. Palace developed Wilf and resurrected his career after the failed move to Man U (that we heavily facilitated that first time around) and he has repaid that with being a major factor in 5 successful PL campaigns. However, his emotional connection to a set of fans who have adored him and looked beyond his shortcomings to make him the first name on the teamsheet should count for something. His relationship with Parish is meant to be extremely tight. As too with Dougie who provided much needed guidance to a young Zaha. It is to Palace and her fans and to Parish that his actions are quite deplorable and, consequently, something rather sad has emerged in this story. A lid that cannot be put back on. For this reason I am now hoping a very big bid comes in tomorrow (from where I don't care) so that we can end this somewhat quickly.

Palace without Wilf is quite uncertain but there is growing sentiment that it has to occur sooner or later. A new way of playing that does not rely on his mercurial talent has to be found. Maybe some big funds can help that along. Don't get me wrong, he will be missed. A lot. However, at 27 he may already be at his peak. Quick feet and quick pace are still present but won't be so impressive in 2 - 3 years. His biggest failing has been his football intelligence and so you don't envisage him playing late into his 30's at the top level once his raw pace and power are on the wane. In so many ways this moment here is his big move. It looks like he and his team played it badly as Everton is now the best it will get for him. For all his raw talent, that is a criminal waste. His biggest frustration this last 12-18 months is that no genuine powerhouse of the game have seen fit to offer what Palace (rightly) feel he is worth.

I will wish him well (as I am sure Parish will too) as he has given us all great memories. He will also likely play more games for Palace than any other side. However, it does feel as though Zaha could have played the game smarter both on and off the pitch to not only have given him a shot at the very top, but also have done so without tainting his time with the club who'd have loved him (and probably still will) more than any other."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48H34ukFe8g

Stop!! Stop it, I’m tearing up here!!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Truckloads of popcorn and beer being ordered by Albion fans everywhere. This is going to be a FUN transfer deadline day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will poor old Tumble be sentenced to life at Selhurst today ?

Depends on how cruel Judge Disney is.

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Will poor old Tumble be sentenced to life at Selhurst today ?

Depends on how cruel Judge Disney is.

Even if he can't go to his 'boyhood' team Everton, the European Clubs still have a few weeks left to buy him.

There is a lot more unhappiness for Palace fans to suffer yet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Even if he can't go to his 'boyhood' team Everton, the European Clubs still have a few weeks left to buy him.

There is a lot more unhappiness for Palace fans to suffer yet.

True and luckily for him plenty of European teams don’t have a “no dickheads” policy

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Despite the fact its the school holidays and they presumably have a lot of time on their hands there's no open letter or other comment yet from the "ultras".

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
A song's just come up on my iTunes shuffle that immediately made me think of Zaha on this deadline day: The Apartments' Not every clown can be in the circus...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here