Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Webster *** Signed on 4 year deal ***

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That doesn't make him world-class. According to that fee, he's a better player than Van Dijk, which is laughable.

If VVD was sold tomorrow, he'd go for a damn sight more than Maguire.

Nah, prices continue to spiral upwards. VVD would be 120m+ now.

That is the inflated transfer fees that are now common. It could be argued that VVD started it in this country but it was probably Neymar's fee that set it off. It could be said that we paid too much for Locadia and Jahakanbahsh but that is what has happened with transfer fees.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If VVD was sold tomorrow, he'd go for a damn sight more than Maguire.

It was between Brighton and Celtic at one point at between2-2.5M We missed out apparently due to 500 grand.

I would say that was a huge mistake by all concerned.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It was between Brighton and Celtic at one point at between2-2.5M We missed out apparently due to 500 grand.

We also couldn't match the wage Celtic we're offering not to mention the Champions League football.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Does this make Webster the highest valued Sussex born footballer of all time?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Wasn’t quite like that. He wanted to go to Celtic more than us.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Does this make Webster the highest valued Sussex born footballer of all time?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Gareth Barry?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Really don't get that accepting £40m for Dunk is seen as good business when we would have to pay 50% of that for a replacement who does not have PL experience. Especially as Dunk has progressed a lot in the last few years and developed a great understanding with Duffy. Dunk is one of the key reasons we haved stayed up.

The key reason IMHO; great post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Balogun . Recall on Clark. Burn . Play two centre backs if necessary. Baluta.
Obviously if we could keep dunk , then great .
But 40 million could buy a decent striker which we need. We won’t score enough with what we have .

You are assuming we need to sell Dunk cheaply to buy a striker; we don’t.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So you’d protect our army of centrebacks at the expense of using dunksale money to reinforce elsewhere ?

We are going to play 3 CB’s... we have 5, with Balogun so, in that context, it is not an ‘army’, is it?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You are assuming we need to sell Dunk cheaply to buy a striker; we don’t.

Correct, probably c50m available for the right players if they’re available based on income and prior expenditure

We are going to play 3 CB’s... we have 5, with Balogun so, in that context, it is not an ‘army’, is it?

Also correct. 3 CBs with 2 covering, sounds about right.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Something that the media don’t seem to have picked up on in relation to Webster’s signing and the rumours linking Dunk to Leicester

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Something that the media don’t seem to have picked up on in relation to Webster’s signing and the rumours linking Dunk to Leicester

Yes, they pretty much all seem to be assuming Webby is Dunky’s pre-placement... just lazy journalism...

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Didn’t we go into last season With dunk and Duffy and balogun as back up?
Now we have dunk, Duffy, burn, Webster, with back up of balogun , Bernardo , Baluta. I thought we could recall Clarke too, but apparently not. Even so, not bad.
We could go to two in an injury crisis
. I’m not suggesting we sell dunk for the **** of it, but if cashing in on dunk was the difference of getting a top quality striker or not I’d sell him.
I actually think, like you, we will get a striker in anyway. I can’t believe we won’t .
If dunk stays then brilliant - quality player.
If he goes , I think we’d get by in the cb department, at least until January

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Didn’t we go into last season With dunk and Duffy and balogun as back up?
Now we have dunk, Duffy, burn, Webster, with back up of balogun , Bernardo , Baluta. I thought we could recall Clarke too, but apparently not. Even so, not bad.
We could go to two in an injury crisis
. I’m not suggesting we sell dunk for the **** of it, but if cashing in on dunk was the difference of getting a top quality striker or not I’d sell him.
I actually think, like you, we will get a striker in anyway. I can’t believe we won’t .
If dunk stays then brilliant - quality player.
If he goes , I think we’d get by in the cb department, at least until January

Okay, all about opinions. Mine is don’t sell your best player unless absolutely unavoidable. It isn’t, we can splash £40m on two strikers WITHOUT selling Dunky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here