Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Austria pre-season friendly v FC Liefering - Sat. 13th July

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Pre-season friendlies now :

Saturday 13th July - v FC Liefering (Sportplatz Bischofshofen ) 2pm - local time.
Friday 19th July - Crawley Town v Brighton & Hove Albion (7.45pm)
Saturday 20th July - Fulham v Brighton & Hove Albion (Aldershot Town’s EBB Stadium, kick-off 3pm.
Saturday 27th July - Birmingham City v Brighton & Hove Albion (3pm)
Friday 2nd August - Home friendly at the Amex Stadium (opponent and KO TBC) - Heavily tipped as Valencia and presumably 7.45pm KO.

Sell tickets for Valencia and then change it to some jobbers at short notice

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Why is our ONLY home friendly not 3pm Saturday? Friday night footie is ****ing shit.

I like it.

Doubles as my Friday evening out, and means I don't get it in the neck for not being with the family on Saturday. Wouldn't want it every week mind.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A big game for the players wanting to create a positive first impression with Potter.

I'm looking to see over the whole pre-season if any of Connolly, Gyokeres, Mlakar or Alzate will ease the job of the recruitment team.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I don’t know Bischofshofen very well, so have tried googling a pre-match bar. The best that I can come up with seems to be the Admiral Sportsbar on Bahnhofstrasse. Stating the obvious, it’s close to the station and only a short stroll from the ground. Our train is due in about 11.10am. Weather out here is lousy at the moment!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I don’t know Bischofshofen very well, so have tried googling a pre-match bar. The best that I can come up with seems to be the Admiral Sportsbar on Bahnhofstrasse. Stating the obvious, it’s close to the station and only a short stroll from the ground. Our train is due in about 11.10am. Weather out here is lousy at the moment!

You must be almost there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Game now being streamed live and free on BHAFC website, 13:00 KO

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
https://www.vavel.com/en/football/2019/07/12/brighton-hove-albion/987678-fc-liefering-vs-brighton-preview-albion-prepare-for-first-game-under-potter.html

What to expect from Brighton
It's hard to say exactly what to expect in terms of a lineup. However, one thing is for sure there will certainly be a different style of play.

Potter is known for playing an attacking style of football and it means The Seagulls will go out and play a very positive game from the start.

In terms of lineup, Albion will probably play two different elevens. One may be a mix of some U23 and senior player who maybe did not get a look in.

Then, the other half may see Brighton play a stronger side full of first-teamers.

Who are FC Liefering
One thing people will not know much about is Brighton's opponents.

Liefering play their football in the Austrian second division and have been a feeder club to Red Bull Salzburg since 2012.

The average age of their squad is 18 and a half. It is not only for age reasons that Liefering are likely to be energetic and athletic rivals.

They are also further advanced in their preparations after finishing just below halfway last season.

They have already played one friendly, a 2-1 home defeat by Bayern Munich's second team last Saturday, and they begin their league campaign a fortnight sooner than Albion at the end of July.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Line up

Button
Montoya
Burn
Dunk
Suttner
Stephens
Alzate
Gross
March
Locadia
Murray

Subs
Mlakaar
Connolly
Gyokeres

Anyone tell me who Alzate and Mlakaar are? #BadFan

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Line up

Button
Montoya
Burn
Dunk
Suttner
Stephens
Alzate
Gross
March
Locadia
Murray

Subs
Mlakaar
Connolly
Gyokeres

U23's... Alzate is ACM, Mlakaar is striker, I believe...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Line up

Button
Montoya
Burn
Dunk
Suttner
Stephens
Alzate
Gross
March
Locadia
Murray

Subs
Mlakaar
Connolly
Gyokeres

Steven Alzate - Attacking midfielder, signed from Orient a while back, loaned to Swindon, got injured.

Jan Mlakar - Striker, signed in January, loaned back to Slovenian club for remainder of season.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Line up

Button
Montoya
Burn
Dunk
Suttner
Stephens
Alzate
Gross
March
Locadia
Murray

Subs
Mlakaar
Connolly
Gyokeres

Steven Alzate, young CM we picked up from Leyton Orient a year or two back, was on loan at Swindon last season and seemed to pick up more than a few man of the match awards (before getting injured). Very comfortable/elegant on the ball from the bits I’ve seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here