Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Now that Palace have become a selling club .....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
probably spank on a load of expensive talent, have a good season, then plummet following season when they all leave (shop window) and the owners take their dividend.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
So when Dunk’s transfer to Leicester is officially announced, will you lot be a selling club ?

It would not be fair to call either club a selling club at this stage of the window, even if Palace do sell the two main assets. Its what they do with the income - and what we would do if Dunk did leave and we received a large fee for him. At the end of the window if Palace raise 100 mill selling them both and spend, say, 30 mill then yes it would be confirmed. The concern amongst the few Palace fans i know is that the awful state of the club’s stadium, training facilities and general infrastructure etc.. means that significant funds are needed for things other than the playing side. And that has to be a concern for them. This window will tell us a lot about what Palace currently are.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[tweet]1143948570569125888[/tweet]

He seriously is an oddball. Look at his eyes, can’t even look at the interviewer / camera. He was exactly the same when I met him and very awkward on that quiz show he was on with Lampard. Seriously strange guy. No wonder he cried at the hornet man.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Calm down. Parrish can buy another Bentley for Dibley..or some more ripped skin tight kecks and platform Nike trainees, buy him a gyroscope to teach him which way is down in the area, some Kleenex for when a furry wasp makes him cry...£10k a week in his pocket. Jobs a good un.

No one on God’s green earth will buy him for the price Palace want. Man Utd’s sell on clause is like a ball and chain for the Dulwich U Boat. He’ll end his shitty career at Palace. I hope getting Moyes daughter to smoke the bone was worth it. Ha.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It would not be fair to call either club a selling club at this stage of the window, even if Palace do sell the two main assets. Its what they do with the income - and what we would do if Dunk did leave and we received a large fee for him. At the end of the window if Palace raise 100 mill selling them both and spend, say, 30 mill then yes it would be confirmed. The concern amongst the few Palace fans i know is that the awful state of the club’s stadium, training facilities and general infrastructure etc.. means that significant funds are needed for things other than the playing side. And that has to be a concern for them. This window will tell us a lot about what Palace currently are.

Palace haven't spent big, apart from Sakho since 2016, lots of loans and free but, no big buys.
You'd almost think that money was a problem for them, if they had a history of bad monetary management

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Genuine question, am I the only Brighton fan who thinks Zaha is a quality player? If I were an Arsenal fan or Man Utd fan - I'd rather have him in my squad than Ozil or Sanchez. obviously no one is going to pay 80 mil for him, but still. He's pretty f@$king good.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Genuine question, am I the only Brighton fan who thinks Zaha is a quality player? If I were an Arsenal fan or Man Utd fan - I'd rather have him in my squad than Ozil or Sanchez. obviously no one is going to pay 80 mil for him, but still. He's pretty f@$king good.

Yes. I wouldn't. No he's not, he's a :tosser:

Ps : add to Troll list.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

disappears in big games and can't finish; far better vfm out there

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Perhaps, but he has been absolute shite for:

England
Ivory Coast
Man Utd
Cardiff

There is only one stinking and polluted little pond this big fish thrives in.

I’m not sure that many ‘top six’ fans are crossing their fingers for him.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Nope. He’s quality. Does go missing a touch against the top sides but probably as he has to do it almost alone for palace.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A couple of big sales would certainly up the bank balance which would be really useful if........:shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Calm down. Parrish can buy another Bentley for Dibley..or some more ripped skin tight kecks and platform Nike trainees, buy him a gyroscope to teach him which way is down in the area, some Kleenex for when a furry wasp makes him cry...£10k a week in his pocket. Jobs a good un.

No one on God’s green earth will buy him for the price Palace want. Man Utd’s sell on clause is like a ball and chain for the Dulwich U Boat. He’ll end his shitty career at Palace. I hope getting Moyes daughter to smoke the bone was worth it. Ha.

Poetry.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Genuine question, am I the only Brighton fan who thinks Zaha is a quality player?
No of course not, he's a good player. But we're constantly told by our Palace chums that he's one of the best players in England, yet no Champions League teams seem interested. Why is that do you think?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
He seriously is an oddball. Look at his eyes, can’t even look at the interviewer / camera. He was exactly the same when I met him and very awkward on that quiz show he was on with Lampard. Seriously strange guy. No wonder he cried at the hornet man.

When and how/why did you meet him?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here