Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham V Brighton And Hove Albion bigger boys 15.00 K.O The EBB Stadium

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Agreed.

The season we got promoted our pre season results were far from promising..

4-0 win v Crawley
3-0 LOSS v Fulham
2-1 LOSS v Luton
1-0 LOSS v Stevenage
4-0 win v Oxford
and then a 1-0 loss v Lazio.

We hadn’t just got off a torrid 5 months though had we. We’d had a super season, disappointment at the end, but lots of belief.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Always good to have a defeat or 2 in pre-season to stop everyone thinking it will be easy.

Birmingham will be a big test. I think last pre-season there we were woeful, but Bissouma rescued it at the end ? Perhaps we can do better this this time ?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Decent first half, moved the ball around nicely.... Groß looked good and much more effective in the system, Locadia pick of the first half ... don’t actually remember Ryan having to make a save.

Second half.... even before the subs we lost all the movement and positive things we did first half. Felt sorry for Trossard as Locadia was given several great balls to run into and into space yet Trossard mostly received the ball with his back to goal. Midfield second half was completely over run by a more dynamic and physical Fulham side. In many ways it was like the 2-4 game again where in the second half we looked off the pace.

Bernardo didn’t have a great game, Propper looked like the system suited him perfectly for half an hour and then got worse as the game went on. Stephens at times was shocking the amount he gave the ball away

The positives for me was the movement and passing in the first 30-35 mins which was great, however we either ran out of steam or ideas as the game moved on.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Decent first half, moved the ball around nicely.... Groß looked good and much more effective in the system, Locadia pick of the first half ... don’t actually remember Ryan having to make a save.

Second half.... even before the subs we lost all the movement and positive things we did first half. Felt sorry for Trossard as Locadia was given several great balls to run into and into space yet Trossard mostly received the ball with his back to goal. Midfield second half was completely over run by a more dynamic and physical Fulham side. In many ways it was like the 2-4 game again where in the second half we looked off the pace.

Bernardo didn’t have a great game, Propper looked like the system suited him perfectly for half an hour and then got worse as the game went on. Stephens at times was shocking the amount he gave the ball away

The positives for me was the movement and passing in the first 30-35 mins which was great, however we either ran out of steam or ideas as the game moved on.

Potter said Fulham are ahead in terms of preparation. Im going to put this loss down to a lack of fitness/game time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ahem - I told you [emoji45]

Seriously, he didn’t help Bernardo, but he looked fitter and keener than I’d seen previously.

Would be very surprised if he didn’t start at Watford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need players who can do their own jobs without someone being a back up unless we are playing a top team when things are different imo. We had enough of forwards covering defenders every game last season.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
From what I've read give credit to Potter for having a good look at the old guard, I feel he is now in a position to know exactly where changes are needed in the squad. Also what our established players are capable of, seems like we are playing more balls into Locadia to use his pace.
Still time to freshen up the squad and get in some new faces.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Who's fault is that?

Nobody. They start a week earlier. :dunce:

Standard early pre season fare. Good first half but lost to slips/mistakes which were most likely tiredness related. Substitutions made it disjointed and their youngsters were full of running. I think Dunk ran out of holes to breathe through after 60 minutes which confirms the fitness theory. We have been having the fitness intensive sessions that Fulham are a week ahead from.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
We hadn’t just got off a torrid 5 months though had we. We’d had a super season, disappointment at the end, but lots of belief.

Shouldn't they have had better results then? We were only having to build on the season before.

This season we are almost starting new, new manager and a completely new style of play.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Completely disagree. He'll not know that until his various selections have played games against Premier League standard opposition.

A good boss will be able to make judgements on players against "lesser" opposition. Otherwise, nobody would ever be signed from the lower leagues. If we're waiting until after the transfer window closes to find out who he rates, then we really are in trouble.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We need players who can do their own jobs without someone being a back up unless we are playing a top team when things are different imo. We had enough of forwards covering defenders every game last season.

The trouble is if you are overloaded, you need numbers, what we don’t want are the CBs coming out of position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lush

Mods' Pet
Just back from the game. Observations on today’s showing.
Duffy and Stephens are too slow of thinking for Potterball
Gross Propper and March better not get injured - easily our best players
Steele is not our No.2 keeper
Trossard is very small
Glenn is still Glenn with all his magnificence and frustrations
Locardia could come good
Jury still out on Ali J and Andone

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Trossard is very small
Locardia could come good

Good mates with MR?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Could Cairney be part of the AK deal? Straw clutching here.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Trossard is very small
Locardia could come good
Is Steele our no 3 or our no 1 ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills