Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham V Brighton And Hove Albion bigger boys 15.00 K.O The EBB Stadium

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Just guessing but I suspect it's probably sacking the manager who took us up and kept us up twice, offloading our most productive winger for the last four seasons and relying on a bloke who contributed to 0 goals last season.

Could be wrong though...

Strange, you seemed to think getting rid of Knockaert was a good move for us on another thread?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Cool, I will look out for your thoughts later.

Interesting game.

We were comfortably better in the first half and Fulham were generally chasing for 45 mins.

Locadia as earlier, was the pick of the players for me, Bernardo literally lost every 50/50, and the left side did look weak.

Duffy as well, perhaps obvious to say, but just not great with the ball at his feet, plus easily pulled out of position.

Second half, was poor. Trossard started and looked so much weaker than Locadia, contributing little.

Propper who had done good and bad things in the first half, then gave a sloppy pass, Duffy completely sold himself and they were away. Great finish by Cairney.

We then looked really ordinary for the remainder of the game. The midfield disappeared, AJ and Andone both came on and looked awful, and really we look d vulnerable every time they attacked.

Steele saved us 2 or 3 times and prior to that Stephens and Bernardo had a misunderstanding, which allowed them through. Dunk was outpaced, then Steele, Duffy and Dunk blocked before Cairney slotted home.

We offered very little offensively in the last 25 mins, with no obvious plan. The first half we were higher and won the ball higher up and more purposefully.

I think we need a Murray replacement (no surprise there), and someone like Cairney though perhaps Alzate can step up (but he is very young).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
[emoji23]
As usual resort to expletives....

At every opportunity you have had a pop at Hughton, I understand you don’t like him and are delighted he’s gone, but come on.... all Summer???

I’ll put you on ignore for a few months just to give myself a break from your nonsense posts.....

But enjoy Potterball, I’m sure it’ll be interesting if nothing else.....

The blokes an imbecile.
I just don’t get it.
We all thought that we were in big trouble at the back end of last year, and although sad at the way it was done, it seems the majority thought it the right decision. I hated the way it was done - should have been more respectful, but there we are, it’s not my money.
But at every every single opportunity, this git has slagged off Hughton, his apparent lovers (weirdo), and anything to do with him.
After the 5-2 win against a bunch of amateurs, it was Potterball, this Potterball that. Now it’s - “but it’s only a friendly”.

I reckon he could be Palace, where’s that Palacefinder General bloke?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Interesting game.

We were comfortably better in the first half and Fulham were generally chasing for 45 mins.

Locadia as earlier, was the pick of the players for me, Bernardo literally lost every 50/50, and the left side did look weak.

Duffy as well, perhaps obvious to say, but just not great with the ball at his feet, plus easily pulled out of position.

Second half, was poor. Trossard started and looked so much weaker than Locadia, contributing little.

Propper who had done good and bad things in the first half, then gave a sloppy pass, Duffy completely sold himself and they were away. Great finish by Cairney.

We then looked really ordinary for the remainder of the game. The midfield disappeared, AJ and Andone both came on and looked awful, and really we look d vulnerable every time they attacked.

Steele saved us 2 or 3 times and prior to that Stephens and Bernardo had a misunderstanding, which allowed them through. Dunk was outpaced, then Steele, Duffy and Dunk blocked before Cairney slotted home.

We offered very little offensively in the last 25 mins, with no obvious plan. The first half we were higher and won the ball higher up and more purposefully.

I think we need a Murray replacement (no surprise there), and someone like Cairney though perhaps Alzate can step up (but he is very young).

Thanks for the summary :thumbsup:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Again had to stop watching GP's post-match interview on the official site due to feeling his pain with the inane, repetitive questions coming his way. You're better off getting a group of primary school kids in to ask the questions (see Liam Gallager's one on YouTube), it would be a damn sight more interesting and less painful all round,

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Argus report -

Albion boss Graham Potter said he had “nothing to report” about Anthony Knockaert’s expected move to Fulham.

But the Seagulls boss was pleased with much of what he saw in a friendly outing between the two clubs.

The French winger missed today’s match at Aldershot, which the Cottagers won 2-1 with a pair of Tom Cairney goals.

Knockaert is believed to be closing in on a move to Fulham, which could be completed this weekend.

Potter said he was focussed on today’s run out, which his side led at the break through a Pascal Gross free-kick.

He said: “There is nothing to report. We are focussing on the games and preparing the team.”

Albion impressed in their 4-2-3-1 set-up in the first half.

But Cairney curled a beauty on 50 minutes and added the winner after great work by Fulham’s substitute right-winger Aboubakar Kamara.

Potter said: “It was our second game and probably first competitive game in terms of the opposition.

“It was a good test for us and, in the first half especially, there were some good positives.

“Fulham are probably ahead of us in terms of game time and that is probably reflected in the second half.

“But there are a lot of things we can go forward with and we need to carry on improving.”

Young midfielder Steven Alzate missed the match due to illness.

Fulham boss Scott Parker said he was unable to confirm a report Knockaert was undertaking a medical ahead of his anticipated move.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17784239.graham-potter-nothing-report-knockaert/

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well said. The knicker twisters in our midst should really take that on board. The result is meaningless. The game is really all about identifying what needs to be done for the future. As you say - just a glorified training session.

'Knicker twisters' - yes, good phrase and very suitable.

I wonder if we could persuade Bozza to do one of his auto-correct jobbies -like the one he has done for a certain Mr. Dean - so that when any idiot tries to type that patheytic and deplorable word 'bedwetters' it comes out as 'knicker twisters'. Would certainly be an improvement, IMHO.

:thumbsup::smile:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Interesting game.

Some mistake surely? Locadia is shitehouse, NSC told me :smile:

Thnaks for the report :thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Potters unbeaten run destroyed.
We are in CRISIS
Would take 17th NOW.
I'd take 17th now - providing there are some green shoots of a brighter future beyond the next season.

If we are going to play in the 17th-20th league for ongoing time eternal, then I'm less keen.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
For me friendlies are meaningless. The season starts when the season starts.

Agreed.

The season we got promoted our pre season results were far from promising..

4-0 win v Crawley
3-0 LOSS v Fulham
2-1 LOSS v Luton
1-0 LOSS v Stevenage
4-0 win v Oxford
and then a 1-0 loss v Lazio.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Some mistake surely? Locadia is shitehouse, NSC told me :smile:

Thnaks for the report :thumbsup:

Ahem - I told you [emoji45]

Seriously, he didn’t help Bernardo, but he looked fitter and keener than I’d seen previously.

Would be very surprised if he didn’t start at Watford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here