Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crawley Town v Brighton And Hove Albion Tonight 19.45 K.O Peoples Pension Stadium

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
:blush:I offer my embarrassed apologies for all comments made on this thread and withdraw them all

Turns out that the stream that I was watching was an old game from the Amex against Crawley. There was no commentary and the Albion won 2-1 in an absolutely abysmal game. Had no idea until I looked at the Argus review of the match.

:tosser:

:dunce:

LOL......that’s very funny [emoji23]

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Blimey. Just caught up with this thread. Surely if we’re playing two friendlies in two days, one against a significantly stronger opponent, anyone with half a brain would have realised the u23s/fringes were playing in this one? Especially given all that the manger has been saying about given the younger players a chance to impress

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Can someone provide some information of who the various Albion players are in the photos? I know Hemed, Clarke, Richards, Connolly and Potter but struggling with quite a few others.
It's a shame the club are unable to caption them.

Crawley v Albion photo gallery from official website

The players I don't know are in pics:

Last edited:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
:blush:I offer my embarrassed apologies for all comments made on this thread and withdraw them all

Turns out that the stream that I was watching was an old game from the Amex against Crawley. There was no commentary and the Albion won 2-1 in an absolutely abysmal game. Had no idea until I looked at the Argus review of the match.

Haha i thought you were on a wind up earlier when the stream had stopped and you said it was 2-1.

Fair play for owning up :lol:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Brilliant - turns out we were BOTH passing comment on a match we weren’t watching. It’s pre- season you’re entitled to a few bloopers... heh heh.

Classic.

As others have said bonus point for owning up :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Almost entirely an U23 team then. Potter seems quite sold on the idea of Sanders as a RB - perhaps we aren't going to buy a back-up to Montoya at all.

Presume that's a 4-4-2 line up? Thought Baluta was a CM rather than a CB though (awaits correction!)

Can somebody help I am having trouble reading that line up. Could somebody who can read it print it out please.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can somebody help I am having trouble reading that line up. Could somebody who can read it print it out please.

b30eb314fd5ee9f45ebab18878839e1a.jpg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Can someone provide some information of who the various Albion players are in the photos? I know Hemed, Clarke, Richards, Connolly and Potter but struggling with quite a few others.
It's a shame the club are unable to caption them.

Crawley v Albion photo gallery from official website

The players I don't know are in pics:

18 Mlakar (I think)
25 Ahannach
22 Richards
26 Clarke
20 Cochrane (I think)
12 Sanders
Don't know what number George Cox was wearing, but he's in a few of those pics, including one directly after one featuring Ahannach which also contains a number 16.

Can't help beyond that, but I know someone who has a far vaster knowledge of our DS but, given the time zone, he may well be sleeping at present

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What I feel pissed off about. Loads of kids turn up, stand at the front at the very least to get a signature and see their heroes close up. Had many of us adults, fans, supporters known what team would have been put out, I am sure there would have been around a couple of hundred Brighton fans present. Its undignified to Crawley as it only appears now purely for gate receipt purposes and not the game, and is a game that could have easily been played at our excellence center at any time.

I and the ten who went today, spent a few quid, took time out of work to go and got soaked, leaving at half time. If i had known that the near full squad x 2 would be playing v Fulham at Aldershot tomorrow, we all would have gone to that instead.

I understand the need to play the youth and the future but there is a time and a place for it.

This was posted on the club website yesterday afternoon:

Albion head coach Graham Potter says that this weekend’s double-header against Crawley Town and Fulham respectively is a chance to assess the entirety of his squad back on home soil.

The Seagulls head to The People’s Pension Stadium tonight having recorded a 5-2 win over FC Liefering last time out in pre-season on Saturday, and the new boss revealed the likely make-up of the side that will take to the field up the A23 this evening.

He said, “We’ll split the squad up over the two matches this weekend and we’ll probably take a slightly younger group to Crawley.

“We want to make sure we have a good look at those guys as a collective, whilst taking a slightly older group to Fulham on the Saturday.

“Essentially it will still be the same in terms of trying to build the fitness and the ideas with minutes ahead of the new season throughout the two groups we do take, and we’re looking forward to both.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/july/potter-to-utilise-squad-in-double-header/

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne

Albion head coach Graham Potter says that this weekend’s double-header against Crawley Town and Fulham respectively is a chance to assess the entirety of his squad back on home soil.

The Seagulls head to The People’s Pension Stadium tonight having recorded a 5-2 win over FC Liefering last time out in pre-season on Saturday, and the new boss revealed the likely make-up of the side that will take to the field up the A23 this evening.

He said, “We’ll split the squad up over the two matches this weekend and we’ll probably take a slightly younger group to Crawley.

“We want to make sure we have a good look at those guys as a collective, whilst taking a slightly older group to Fulham on the Saturday.

“Essentially it will still be the same in terms of trying to build the fitness and the ideas with minutes ahead of the new season throughout the two groups we do take, and we’re looking forward to both.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/july/potter-to-utilise-squad-in-double-header/

Yesterday afternoon after many had already purchased tickets.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Are you sure that’s not a regular occurrence?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Blooming brilliant Icy, the irony is I agreed with most of your comments because we were extremely ordinary U23s or not, and none of them looked PL ready......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
‘One U23 game pre season against a league 2 opposition’

Albion fans: tHesE GUys aINt anYwHerE NEar gOOd eNOugH

Cheers Jeff. :clap2:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Bit late ?

boik

Well, I was only expecting it to be the kids so wasn't disappointed.

As for the match, Crawley came out strong. Clarke looked cool and composed, but not sure about his pace. Tomer had to keep coming deep, but held the ball up well. Conolly was buzzing around at speed, looked quick and direct but was continually clattered. Ahannach was the only midfielder that stood out. Second half, we lacked anything in midfield and missed Tomer holding the ball up. Very scrappy. However, the new kid was lightning quick, looked around before he received every ball, and palyed some clever passes. Bit over ambitious at times for the level of the match, but looks close to first team levels already. Would look better with better players around him on his wavelength. Full of confidence as shown by the pen. Looks £2.5m well spent on that cameo.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

As others have said - many would already have purchased tickets by then, or made arrangements to go. It's also likely that many wouldn't have seen that piece on the website either - I don't see any club FB posts, tweets nor website articles unless someone posts links on here. Visiting those places is just something I don't ever do.

And I agree with whoever-it-was who said that in prior seasons when we've had these double-headers, first-teamers have been spread across the two games. That's certainly my recollection anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here