Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
My take on that comment was Maupay seems to be a little one dimensional (not a problem when you're that good at that one skill) and it's a skill Connolly also seems to possess.

So I didn't take the word 'wasted' to mean he'll be shitehouse and that money will be wasted.
More a case of the £18m will be wasted because it's being spent on something we may already possess.

I'm not sure he is as one dimensional as his you tube highlights would have us believe.

Ive compared his shooting stats to those of McBurnie and Roofe and he wipes the floor with both.

His shooting accuracy is 46%, the other 2 are both 25%
His total shots inside the area 78, the other 2 are both 51
His total shots from outside the area are 21, McBurnie is 6 and Roofe 13.

So he is not only getting more shots off, but he is also doing so with a greater accuracy from both inside and outside the area.

I used Squawka.com to do this analysis, you can have a play with their matrix here.

It also says he created 34 chances for other players last season.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I'm not sure he is as one dimensional as his you tube highlights would have us believe.

Ive compared his shooting stats to those of McBurnie and Roofe and he wipes the floor with both.

So he is not only getting more shots off, but he is also doing so with a greater accuracy from both inside and outside the area.

I used Squawka.com to do this analysis, you can have a play with their matrix here.

Top work- we also know that our recruitment team value stats greatly.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Squawka is great for stuff like this.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I love a point backed up with data.

Love. It.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

If you add another column it also shows he's twice as good as Harry Kane.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Interesting post on a Brentford forum. Sounds like another striker we have.

I really hope he stays. If he does go i think he will go to Brighton (already tried to sign him before us) or Villa (Dean will know exactly how to get there best out of him).
On a side note what with VAR in the premiership and the way Neal plays on the edge sometimes leaving his foot in a bit longer then he should in the tackle when not in possession (we have all seen it ) I wonder how many times the unseen stuff gets seen and punished by the VAR crew?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Interesting post on a Brentford forum. Sounds like another striker we have.

I really hope he stays. If he does go i think he will go to Brighton (already tried to sign him before us) or Villa (Dean will know exactly how to get there best out of him).
On a side note what with VAR in the premiership and the way Neal plays on the edge sometimes leaving his foot in a bit longer then he should in the tackle when not in possession (we have all seen it ) I wonder how many times the unseen stuff gets seen and punished by the VAR crew?

We're going to alternate him with Andone as they each get suspended in turn throughout the season ?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Andone would score 30+ at that level. He's a decent striker.

In my opinion Big Jurge would score 20+ goals in The Championship. He's decent and his time will come, will it be under Potter at Brighton? We will soon find out.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Neal Maupay

Not sure if Maupay could succeed in the Premiership.

At 5.7 in he would need to have incredible pace and upper body strength to be a success.

So Defoe was a failure ? And Hernandez ? Don’t get why you need to be tall. We are not playing hoof ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Still 4/9 to be at the Albion

Maybe they are delaying the announcement until we are in aldershot tomorrow afternoon based on our economic community success as a favour to the shots?

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Still 4/9 to be at the Albion

Maybe they are delaying the announcement until we are in aldershot tomorrow afternoon based on our economic community success as a favour to the shots?

Waiting for AK to go to Fulham more likely

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Get him in.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The bees know just how lethal Hemed is in the Championship!

Let’s call it £15m + Hemed and we’ll all shake hands and be friends again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here