Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which Albion players have you seen out doing their shopping and what was in their basket?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Ollie Norwood stocking up on lagers the day of an England match in last year's World Cup.
Schelotto buying honey and Dr Karg seeded crispbreads.
Solly March buying big bars of chocolate

(Hove Waitrose is quite popular with Albion players!)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The Marina was a very good place for spotting Albion players a few years ago.

Players often pop into the Nandos at the Marina and I've seen Muzza at the Five Guys there.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
In 50 years of watching the Albion, I've only once seen a player in any sort of shop and that was when I was behind Gerry Fell in a post office queue. It was 40 years ago, so i have no idea what he was buying.

I could hazard a guess :)

Oh - I did also meet Lord Tony Bloom, in the old Queens Road club shop, BUYING a load of Albion Christmas tat for the kids in his extended family. :bowdown:

I sat next to TB for about 2 hrs at the Aussie Open in 2006. Met him again about 4 years ago at NWSS meeting and reminded him. Guess what? :tantrum:

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Mark McGee browsing the Lego aisle in Toys'r'Us in Hove...best I've got in terms of active purchase session, other than Casper Ankergren frequently in a local cafe in this area, and he used to buy all his tabs from the newsagent just along from there. Sometimes had Sexy Pete with him, and others. Not a big cafe so normally they were sat outside using the tables on the pavement.

Saw Biss turning onto North Street a few weeks ago in his Mercedes Wagon, don't know if he'd done his shopping errands though at that point. Too busy being surprised at his hoody covered head being a foot away from mine, as I had started crossing the road at that point. Happy to give way to him though.

Also saw Bong in London Victoria station a while back, heading in the direction of Smiths. Again no idea of eventual purchase. :dunce:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
In the Withdean days on separate occasions Adam Virgo and Colin Kazim-Richards buying milk in the Tesco garage on Dyke Road. In more recent times Dale Stephens, Lewis Dunk and one other who I couldn't make out having coffee in a Garden Centre restaurant in Hassocks. Bruno having his beard trimmed in a barbers in Western Road, Hove. Knockaert coming out of another barbers in Church Road, Hove the day before the Bournemouth match. I've also seen Glenn Murray in Waitrose, Hove.

FROST

Apr 17, 2017
Glenn Murray would walk past the menswear department of Debenhams as he used the car park which went straight into it. One time he had a box of under armour trainers.

My colleague also saw Kayal hanging around waiting for his wife to buy some make up at the YSL counter.

Also saw Ryan walking down western road on a Friday after work. Initially was judging him for his formal black shoe, blue jean combo. Then I noticed it was Ryan and all was forgiven.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Mark McGee browsing the Lego aisle in Toys'r'Us in Hove...best I've got in terms of active purchase session, other than Casper Ankergren frequently in a local cafe in this area, and he used to buy all his tabs from the newsagent just along from there. Sometimes had Sexy Pete with him, and others. Not a big cafe so normally they were sat outside using the tables on the pavement.

Saw Biss turning onto North Street a few weeks ago in his Mercedes Wagon, don't know if he'd done his shopping errands though at that point. Too busy being surprised at his hoody covered head being a foot away from mine, as I had started crossing the road at that point. Happy to give way to him though.

Also saw Bong in London Victoria station a while back, heading in the direction of Smiths. Again no idea of eventual purchase. :dunce:

Think you are probably talking about the Windmill Cafe in Westdene. Was in there a few weeks ago with wife having a coffee and Glenn Murray and his daughter came in. They sat at table next to us and were playing Pairs. Really nice to see. Casper A. also goes in there frequently.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
In 1988 I served Neil Smillie in the Asda in Lower Earley, Reading. We had a good chat about his time at the Albion; he had very fond memories.

A few months later, I also served his missus - I knew it was her because the surnames matched, and then I saw she had his photo in her purse.
You were going through her purse? What had you done to her?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dream question if I was ever on Pointless. Thousands of names to pick from - maybe an embarrassment of riches would be my undoing.

In any Pointless football round, always go for the keeper (the reserve keeper if possible). Banker.

Any Albion one would be pretty NICHE (they did have an Albion managers one - everyone was pointless bar Gus, Chris, mullery and Melia I think).

Player round would depend on the exact wording. I've two BELTERS up my sleeve, but they might not be valid...

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I saw and spoke with Andrea Orlandi in Hove Waitrose a few times:love: Had a lovely chat with Calde in George Street just as he came out of Bert’s homewares store:love::love: Saw Chris O’Grady in M&S Holmbush and many years ago I served a pint to Mark Ormerod in the Hove Park Tavern!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Glenn Murray, in ASDA, he had a box of muesli in his basket.
On Sunday myself, Mrs DFP and DFP Jr were in Tesco and Jr dropped something he’d swiped from the trolley, a strapping young chap came over and picked up the fallen item. It was Robert Sanchez.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sadly Brighton seems to be lacking in Michelin starred eateries for them to waste money in.

There's plenty of decent places in Brighton. To be fair I think a number of players go to The Salt Room a fair bit - more cultured players perhaps, such as King Kayal.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
The only player I ever saw was Alan Navarro in the marina Mcdonalds with his Wife/Girlfriend buying themselves some grub.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
In any Pointless football round, always go for the keeper (the reserve keeper if possible). Banker.

Any Albion one would be pretty NICHE (they did have an Albion managers one - everyone was pointless bar Gus, Chris, mullery and Melia I think).

Player round would depend on the exact wording. I've two BELTERS up my sleeve, but they might not be valid...

I'm guessing these are players who never made a single appearance? You can have Simon Wormull for free.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here