Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In fairness there's always a damned attractive woman on the cover to sweeten the experience so I always welcome HWT's posts!!!

I think the lad genuinely misunderstood my post. I have been all over the 70s and 80s threads because I love that music. The fact today's pick is hours old is ironic in that context. I have always maintained that the era is irrelevant. I post a lot of new stuff on this thread because I like it and suspect most readers won't know it so it may be more interesting for them than a track they have heard a million times.

I did used to think I was a musical snob, but I like Bowie, Madonna, soppy 90s trance, the Beach Boys and other highly popular, populist and accessible stuff. :shrug:

Glad you like the birds (as Steve Jones would call them), by the way. :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fair do's - when all is said and done I love this thread, it's like a series of Alice style rabbit holes which you tumble down never knowing quite what your going to experience but regularly being very pleasantly surprised. And you're right about Surf's Up - probably, possibly, maybe one of my favourite albums of all time ..... but which track to play on the day???

One of four albums I bought together the first time I went to Virgin records. The others were Electric Warrior, Imagine and Aqualung. :thumbsup:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I think the lad genuinely misunderstood my post. I have been all over the 70s and 80s threads because I love that music. The fact today's pick is hours old is ironic in that context. I have always maintained that the era is irrelevant. I post a lot of new stuff on this thread because I like it and suspect most readers won't know it so it may be more interesting for them than a track they have heard a million times.

I did used to think I was a musical snob, but I like Bowie, Madonna, soppy 90s trance, the Beach Boys and other highly popular, populist and accessible stuff. :shrug:

Glad you like the birds (as Steve Jones would call them), by the way. :wink:

During this infernal? eternal? lockdown I have developed a passion for .... the Arctic Monkeys. I hated them 20 years back, but now appreciate what a great band they are and what amazing lyrics .... that is all .... just needed to tell someone :)

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I've been listening to this the last few days.
Fantastic piece of fun music but telling a story tinged with sadness.
Worth a listen even just to let the people of the band be In your thoughts for a few moments.
"The best god damn band in Wyoming"
by "no no boy"

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Not a song, but an interview. If you like Joy Division and Killing Joke this is worth a listen - Peter Hook and Jaz Coleman supposedly talking about the tracks they recorded in 1993 with Geordie Walker that have just been released, but mostly they just reminisce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here