Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA cup final Day May 18th 2019

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
If my niece or nephew was married on that day I would go to the wedding. End of.

I can watch the match later.

When football comes before your family it's time to stop going.

crazy-talk.jpg

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Just happens to be one of my nieces wedding day.......I have told them I cant say yes or no until at least after March 16th....Today stressy mother of the bride phones and says..' You need to say yes or no this week or your seats will be given to someone else' ( sounds like Paul B)

Tried explaining but to no avail.......

I did tell the groom to be 6 months ago it was FA Cup final day and if BHA are at Wembley I would not be able to go to the wedding......he was gutted ( not because I cant go) but he had booked a wedding on cup final day......Bride has also said ' there will be no TV's at the wedding' wedding KO is 4pm!!!!

As Simon Cowell says ' its a No from me.

Anyone else have the possibility of a double booking? if so whats your outcome?

I realise all of this goes with a big fat IF, but I'm stressing about it already. Get home April 7th, so will most probably miss the semi.
Then IF we get to the Final there will be the scramble for tickets, which I will more than likely miss out on. My history of our big games is shocking actually.

Final 83, at sea.Replay, Aarhus Denmark.
Play Off Final 91, at sea.
Hereford 97, away, Singapore.
Play Off Final 04, away ,Norfolk Virginia.
Promotion run in to the PL including the PU on the seafront. At sea.

The above & many others I've missed out on, my biggest days have been the 83 semi final at Highbury & the Amex opener v Donny.
If we get to the final, I can't handle the stress of hoping for a ticket!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I realise all of this goes with a big fat IF, but I'm stressing about it already. Get home April 7th, so will most probably miss the semi.
Then IF we get to the Final there will be the scramble for tickets, which I will more than likely miss out on. My history of our big games is shocking actually.

The above & many others I've missed out on, my biggest days have been the 83 semi final at Highbury & the Amex opener v Donny.

Your a ST holder so Im pretty sure you will be OK for a ticket if we get that far.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No double bookings, but it's my birthday.

Suffice to say, I've been playing over an increasing number of scenarios in my mind since we beat Bournemouth.

Long way to go before then though, especially if we get Man United away...

My birthday the day after (a rueful watch of ManUre beating Palace again).

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
If my niece or nephew was married on that day I would go to the wedding. End of.

I can watch the match later.

When football comes before your family it's time to stop going.

They are not that close.......dont normally see them for years on end......and watching MOTD is not the same as being there when you have supported BHA for nigh on 50 years

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Sorry, this is not a conundrum worth a thread. At the moment, the wedding is much, much more likely than a Wembley appearance. Accept for the wedding, then deal with it if Albion get there.

Problem is they are quoting cost per guest ......ie if you dont go it will cost xxxx because we still have to pay for food.. therefore I feel they are the ones pushing for a yes/no.....they are not close so I dont feel that bad...

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
They are not that close.......dont normally see them for years on end......and watching MOTD is not the same as being there when you have supported BHA for nigh on 50 years

I guess it is subjective. So apologies for any offence.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003

Final 83 was based in Hong Kong.
Play Off 91 wembley
Hereford 97.....Hereford.
Play off 04 ....Cardiff..
Premier Promotion game....Kuala Lumpur..

You should have joined the RAF!!!!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Booked family holiday to Florida flying out the day before. Remember knowing it was the FA Cup Final but said “it will never happen”

Have since put on decent sized bets on us reaching the final to cover the cost of rescheduling the flight out of that happens! Have waited 36 years to go back and I’m not missing it for anything if it happens this year.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I messed up by booking a holiday and not checking the football calender, so now missing the city game. The only saving grace is that if I had booked the following week, I would miss the potential final.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Some people are way too optimistic here. Makes a nice change from the league performances and position though.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I got married on the 28th May 2016, which would have been the play off final date had we beaten MASSIVE, luckily we didn't as I don't think the missus would have forgiven me not being at my own wedding.

Same. Wedding coincided with play off final in 2014. Luckily we got battered in the semis so it wasn’t a problem.
Given how many Albion fans are in both families, it’s possible no-one would have turned up at the church

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just happens to be one of my nieces wedding day.......I have told them I cant say yes or no until at least after March 16th....Today stressy mother of the bride phones and says..' You need to say yes or no this week or your seats will be given to someone else' ( sounds like Paul B)

Tried explaining but to no avail.......

I did tell the groom to be 6 months ago it was FA Cup final day and if BHA are at Wembley I would not be able to go to the wedding......he was gutted ( not because I cant go) but he had booked a wedding on cup final day......Bride has also said ' there will be no TV's at the wedding' wedding KO is 4pm!!!!

As Simon Cowell says ' its a No from me.

Anyone else have the possibility of a double booking? if so whats your outcome?

May 18th you say Andy.
Well just checked my shift roster (yes [MENTION=11350]LamieRobertson[/MENTION]) I do have some time off, before you indulge in a bit of light banter.
OMG I'm actually off, so I'll see you fellow Albionites at Wembley.
I'll be the one that looks like Gollom :cool:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
We'll all be in a huge economic downturn due to Brexit by then. Who really cares about an FA Cup Final when you don't have enough quid for petrol.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

My issue is that with both my sons at University, I reduced our 3 season tickets to 2, with the lads sharing one between them. I am dreading that we get a date at Wembley (A proud Q/F exit at PL opposition would be ideal) - I just don't know what I'll do as the chances of a third ticket to become available will be highly unlikley......unless the OP gets bullied into attending the wedding!!!!!!!!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Booked family holiday to Florida flying out the day before. Remember knowing it was the FA Cup Final but said “it will never happen”

Have since put on decent sized bets on us reaching the final to cover the cost of rescheduling the flight out of that happens! Have waited 36 years to go back and I’m not missing it for anything if it happens this year.
Good man and I like your style regarding the "holiday insurance". What prices are you on at?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here