Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Here's an idea Paul

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My youngest's under 10 team are considering playing in a tournament at Chelsea. WTF?!! £150 a player! Chelsea struggling for money these days?

I'd be straight in if it was at the Amex Paul.

https://www.precisionpass.co.uk/tournament/chelsea-tournament/

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blimey.

We took our lot to one at the Madjeski a few years ago but it was about £30 per team........(won it as well, that went down well with the locals [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23])

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can't believe it is £115 per player and the team are still 'considering' entering!!

As regards the Albion, would be a brilliant idea if they ran a tournament at Lancing for the local youth teams, boys and girls. I suspect the problem is when is it available as I suspect as soon as the season is over they work on preparing the pitches for next season and obviously the training pitches have to be ready much earlier than the Amex!!!

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
My lads team did this at Arsenal, it was £100 each but they loved actually playing on a premier league pitch

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
But surely it's the parents who provide the funds to the club in the first place, bit like the fact the Government don't pay for anything, it's us tax payers!

Not sure subs cover a trip to a tournament costing over a £1000.
My sons club has just asked if I can buy him a kit as the club can't get a sponsor.
I'm told subs pay for refs, pitches and training equipment.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Reminds me of the mascot thread a bit. Really doubt it's a money maker, more of a balance the books/cover costs thing/fix the pitch. What a great experience

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Sounds like great value. Walking out at the Amex to GOSBTS, thats gotta be worth £115 (of course not everyone can afford it but probably the price of a console game or 2, I know what I would rather give as a present)

Features
7-a-side tournament
Play on Chelsea FC's pitch
Group & knockout style tournament
60 minutes of playing time
Trophies for age group winners
Sanctioned by the FA
Medal for each player
£3 Spectator entrance fee
Visit the players' changing rooms
Play inside a 41,631 seater stadium
Walk out the tunnel to a matchday anthem
Professional football freestyler show
Meet our mascot Precision Panda
Fully FA Qualified Referees
Paramedics on site
Live results website

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Are the parents being asked to pay for their child or are the club paying?

Parents. £1150 per team to enter that will be met by the parents. Its a bugger because it would be an occasion and something for kids to cherish but the money turns it into a rich kids treat. I don't like the feel of it but don't want to deny my boy an occasion. As I say, if it was at Brighton there would be no second thought but we're 6 or 7 miles from Chelsea here, hence the opportunity

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Can't believe it is £115 per player and the team are still 'considering' entering!!

As regards the Albion, would be a brilliant idea if they ran a tournament at Lancing for the local youth teams, boys and girls. I suspect the problem is when is it available as I suspect as soon as the season is over they work on preparing the pitches for next season and obviously the training pitches have to be ready much earlier than the Amex!!!

I can't believe the team manager is so bad at maths. Told us its £1150 per team and hence £150 per player. Or perhaps he's bloody clever and is raking it in!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now that's magic!!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sounds like great value. Walking out at the Amex to GOSBTS, thats gotta be worth £115 (of course not everyone can afford it but probably the price of a console game or 2, I know what I would rather give as a present)

Features
7-a-side tournament
Play on Chelsea FC's pitch
Group & knockout style tournament
60 minutes of playing time
Trophies for age group winners
Sanctioned by the FA
Medal for each player
£3 Spectator entrance fee
Visit the players' changing rooms
Play inside a 41,631 seater stadium
Walk out the tunnel to a matchday anthem
Professional football freestyler show
Meet our mascot Precision Panda
Fully FA Qualified Referees
Paramedics on site
Live results website
Problem is any kids team will be a mix of kids from very different backgrounds. Bound to be those that simply couldn't afford it.....I know we had a few that struggled with annual and weekly subs, let alone £100+ for an hours football.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Palace used to do an adults tournament at Selhurst, though it was cheaper than that. My Palace supporting boss, at the time, asked me to play. I said “only if I can take a dump on the centre circle”. I didn’t make the team for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Problem is any kids team will be a mix of kids from very different backgrounds. Bound to be those that simply couldn't afford it.....I know we had a few that struggled with annual and weekly subs, let alone £100+ for an hours football.

Yes, absolutely. There will be those that really want to go but can't with parents feeling shit that they can't give their child the experience.

I absolutely detest Reading for some reason but £35 for playing at their ground is brilliant

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I took part in a sports leadership course in 1993 when at 6th form, and got to referee a disabled football tournament at the Goldstone. Me and my mate got there 30 mins early and were told to wait in the dugouts for a bit, and told in no uncertain terms NOT to go on the pitch.

But the thing is, we found a ball temptingly near us. And then Clive Walker appeared, trotting down the touch line towards it.

We both stood up, instinct for Flash just took over, so he passed to me, I knocked it to my mate who has legged it towards the North Stand, he laid it off to me and I’d like to be able to tell you that I whammied it into the top bins... but the truth is I scuffed it along the grass at snails pace.
But it DID go in and at least I can say I scored into the North goal.

Then Steve Ford screamed at us to get off!!

Cool story Bez

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Yes unfortunately not everyone will able to afford it, of course. The more well to do kids at school had skiing holidays, we had camping (some times). Definitely a nice to have rather than a necessity, but its not really £100+ for an hours football is it, thats just one item on the list. An hours football needn't cost anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here