Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] **January Transfer Window 2019**

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
#Left Back cover required going forward.

Bong out of contract in summer?
Suttner no where to be seen.
We have 6 fullbacks in the 25 and 4 of them could leave in the summer, or before.

I suspect Bruno will get a new deal, but we need to be thinking about 2 new young fullback faces sooner rather than later.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We have 6 fullbacks in the 25 and 4 of them could leave in the summer, or before.

I suspect Bruno will get a new deal, but we need to be thinking about 2 new young fullback faces sooner rather than later.

It's such a tragedy that we have no young fullback faces in our U23s. Burn the Academy, I say!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's such a tragedy that we have no young fullback faces in our U23s. Burn the Academy, I say!
We have no younger fullbacks with a fair amount of first team football league experience and that is the gap we need to fill.

The academy fullbacks are a stage behind this, but get them some loans out and they then come into the reckoning further down the line.

No need to burn down the academy yet - that is too much of a Croydon solution.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We have no younger fullbacks with a fair amount of first team football league experience and that is the gap we need to fill.

The academy fullbacks are a stage behind this, but get them some loans out and they then come into the reckoning further down the line.
White? Hall? Barclay? They may (I don't know for sure) aspire to be CBs rather than FBs, but I'm pretty sure they've played as FBs in our Academy teams at some point. White certainly spent some of his time at Newport at RB.
It is also a not uncommon route for young defenders to follow - start off as full backs, and as and when they get older/wiser/stronger/cannier move to CB. Steve Cook is a good example.

No need to burn down the academy yet - that is too much of a Croydon solution.
Spoilsport!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
#Left Back cover required going forward.

Bong out of contract in summer?
Suttner no where to be seen.

Both need to go along with Bruno and the Greyhound. We need to move forward now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
i have to say i am bemused as to why suttner hasn't been given more opportunity. seemed decent to me before bernardo rocked up.

T'is funny, we still want even our transfer failures (not a failure) to play!!

We really must appreciate every singing, no matter how long it takes them to shine.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll quote this next time a player has the temerity to move to another club for a better contract and NSC goes into a loyalty melt down.

Kill two birds with one stone as you'll never guess who'll be leading the MELTSdown. :lol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nixon ( Sun ) - who called Button transfer before anyone else - says Luton want some young striker called ConnElly on loan.

I assume he means Connolly, although it could be a player from a different team ? ???

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I'm surprised to see the price of Origi from Liverpool is being quoted as £15m with Solanke going for £18m. Origi is only 23, has played in the Premier and Champions Leagues and is a full international for Belgium, whereas Solanke has less than a 1000 minutes first team football at any senior level.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I'm surprised to see the price of Origi from Liverpool is being quoted as £15m with Solanke going for £18m. Origi is only 23, has played in the Premier and Champions Leagues and is a full international for Belgium, whereas Solanke has less than a 1000 minutes first team football at any senior level.

Thats a snip in my opinion if true, maybe because he isnt British.

If we were really after Solanke, then i hope we will be interested in Origi, far better player imo, admittedly thats from only seeing a little of both players.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I wouldn’t mind us going for Bradley dack he seems to be right on his game this season still a good age(24) seems a fitter version of powell gone through the divisions and improving all the time

England have been watching him.
We were heavily linked when he was at Gillingham. I like him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here