Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Out of interest what are Solly's figures like on assisting from crosses? As he has a fair amount of assists dunno how many from crosses.

No idea but I feel for some it his 5 assists could have come from only 5 crosses and it still wouldn't be good enough.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
May seem strange with them scoring so few goal but I admire the way they play. They played very well on Boxing Day and also at Liverpool. Unlike us very few games where they have not created 3/5 chances

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mooy hurt his knee earlier in the month and was ruled out for 8 weeks. Australia bizarrely called him up in order to get a second opinion, which confirmed his injury, and they have now replaced him. If he recovers well then he might return to Huddersfield earlier than if he had played in the Asian tournament. Huddersfield hope he may be fit at the end of January . He’ll be a big miss for them. But they really need to pick up a striker in the transfer window.

Cant help to agree but hope they survive,we need teams like Huddersfield to protect our rear
Connolly on loan in January?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ah yes, slating our club for being slow to act, despite the fact we were promoted a few weeks earlier, while Huddersfield were making amazing signings.

Have to feel they need to do some smart shopping this January, or they're in the shit.

They are in the shit.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Ah yes, slating our club for being slow to act, despite the fact we were promoted a few weeks earlier, while Huddersfield were making amazing signings.

Have to feel they need to do some smart shopping this January, or they're in the shit.

Need to do better than sign someone like Pritchard for £12m. Greedy ******* joined them after 22 games last year, when they had already accumulated a respectable 24 points. They only managed 13 more points in the next 16 games and 10 out of 19 this year - 23 points from 35 games! Meanwhile Norwich have really turned it round this year.

We definitely dodged a bullet.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Well they did ok last season, Wells has gone this season, and my Town mates say Hogg is their most important player and he’s been with them for years.

Your logic suggests we should have got rid of Murray and Stephens sharpish

No it doesn't - My logic suggests that players not capable of making the step up to the PL should have been ditched sharpish and I alluded to the fact that Wagner didn't have enough knowledge of the PL to know who could and who couldn't make the step up

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
May seem strange with them scoring so few goal but I admire the way they play. They played very well on Boxing Day and also at Liverpool. Unlike us very few games where they have not created 3/5 chances

You keep admiring them and wondering why they can't score :shrug:

I'll stick with us converting what must be a massive percentage of the very few chances we create :D

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
They’re the perfect example of how not to recruit. They only managed 56 goals in the Championship in their promotion season so they obviously required major upgrades and all they’ve got is forgettable wingers, Mounie who is more of a runner than a footballer and Laurent Depoitre who is genuinely one of my favourite PL players as he makes me laugh every time I see him. He looks as out of place in the PL as I would be in a synchronised swimming display. We may not be world beaters but in Murray, Andone, Izquierdo, Gross, Bissouma and Propper we have players who can attack with quality that is so far above anything they have.

In short, Huddersfield are doomed and there is absolutely nothing they can do about it.

And Pritchard (snigger) don't forget Pritchard!

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I still think Pritchard would be our first choice number 10. And definitely do better than March did there.
That's a cheap shot and I wouldn't expect anything else from a troll. Have a good day mate, I'm off to bed. Love you!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
People forget how hacked off the club were with Pritchard and his agent. He won't be a Brighton player anytime soon, if ever.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Their problem is lack of knowledge of the PL by their Manager. He has recruited players that were good Championship players and carried them into the PL like Van La Para and Nakki Wells. They should have dropped them like a hot potato as soon as they got promoted and replaced them with better because they are taking up squad places although they might be getting wise to that now.

They continually shoot from distance because they can't counter attack quick enough to catch teams out on the ''turnover of possession'' and their strikers snatch at chances. Murray is not as good a player as their strikers but he is calmness personified and he doesn't miss many opportunities when they fall to him. We also have one of the best defensive partnerships in the league.

Huddersfield need to get good transfer business done in January or they are ''goners'' along with Burnley because all their scrappy 1-0 wins with goals from corners and free kicks have all but dried up. They haven't ''evolved as a squad since they have come up and that has made them and Huddersfield all to predictable.

Contrast that with ourselves and you see a team whose Championship star men are starting to become squad players. Our recruitment has been far more measured and we have tended to integrate the new arrivals a more sustainable pace so that not to upset the rythmn of the match day squad

Fantastic post.

Note to self to not be so impatient sometimes

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really don’t like them and hope they go down. They seem to have many fans who have it in for us for no reason - presumably because we ended up comfortably ahead of them in the promotion season. Oddballs. And their attendances were appalling before they started doing well.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They’re the perfect example of how not to recruit. They only managed 56 goals in the Championship in their promotion season so they obviously required major upgrades and all they’ve got is forgettable wingers, Mounie who is more of a runner than a footballer and Laurent Depoitre who is genuinely one of my favourite PL players as he makes me laugh every time I see him. He looks as out of place in the PL as I would be in a synchronised swimming display. We may not be world beaters but in Murray, Andone, Izquierdo, Gross, Bissouma and Propper we have players who can attack with quality that is so far above anything they have.

In short, Huddersfield are doomed and there is absolutely nothing they can do about it.

Didn't they get promoted via the play offs without actually scoring a goal (I think the one goal they did get was an own goal)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here