Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boxing Day v Arsenal, trains.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just looked at the bus timetables and it appears that the 25 is only going to Falmer Station not The Amex and the last one back into Brighton is 6.32pm . The match finishes approx 7.20. Could well miss this and watch it on sky as wife has the grandchildren so too many to get in a car to take us and pick us up. Do the parking wardens work Boxing Day. Did I read that the club are putting on free buses from Lewes if so possibly park on Lewes and catch one of those.

If you're driving just use the P&R but get in early. As ever the people of NSC are having a breakdown when, on the day, all will be fine.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No doubt when the club realise they could have a 15k attendance they will give transport advice although if the attendance was only 10k it wouldnt hit them as most non attenders will have paid in their ST payment.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
well current there's pretty much no seats available, unless they have'nt updated thier system for all the season ticket returns.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know of a few who are not going but want to leave their seats empty to show the club their failing and disregard of the supporters. I wonder how many will think like this.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just looked at the bus timetables and it appears that the 25 is only going to Falmer Station not The Amex and the last one back into Brighton is 6.32pm . The match finishes approx 7.20. Could well miss this and watch it on sky as wife has the grandchildren so too many to get in a car to take us and pick us up. Do the parking wardens work Boxing Day. Did I read that the club are putting on free buses from Lewes if so possibly park on Lewes and catch one of those.

This is where me being a season ticket holder with NWSS is a God send. I'm sure Mid Sussex Seagulls are running a coach from/to your neck of the woods too?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot understand Southern running trains, even a reduced service, from London to Brighton prior to the game but not even just one non stop perhaps Brighton to Victoria or even Clapham Jkt an hour after the game, If they ran one train that stopped at Haywards Heath and Gatwick it would allow people to get near home and then a short taxi ride. I think that TFL is operating in London so Arsenal fans can get home.

Also B & H buses making the last 25 to leave at 6.30 when the game doesn't finish until about 7.30 what difference would another hour have made to them and at least supporters could get to The Old Steine and city centre to use car parks there. as most shops will close by about 4pm and the car parks be nearly empty.

Last edited:

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
I would expect Mid Sussex Seagulls to be inundated with enquiries but has anybody any contact details to make such an enquiry please

I’ve been using these since the Amex opened and the service has always been excellent. Two pick ups in Burgess Hill and one in Hayward’s Heath. The coach/bus is always full but when people can’t use their seat they offer it up to people on the waiting list. If you want to make contact with one of the committee I would suggest a PM to [MENTION=181]Blackadder[/MENTION]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I’ve been using these since the Amex opened and the service has always been excellent. Two pick ups in Burgess Hill and one in Hayward’s Heath. The coach/bus is always full but when people can’t use their seat they offer it up to people on the waiting list. If you want to make contact with one of the committee I would suggest a PM to [MENTION=181]Blackadder[/MENTION]

Many thanks for that but as I misunderstood and Mill Rd is open I will use that and drive myself so wife having grandchildren is not a problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here