Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Annoying habits of your other half

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
What really pisses me off about the other half (and kids) is when they unwrap/open something to eat or drink they leave the wrapper on the side NEXT TO THE BIN.

Put it in the F8cking bin, its closer than the side you leave it on.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
People that talk in the cinema should probably be sectioned.

Indeed. Once I asked her nicely to please not speak in cinema as it is rude, she promised she would try. We then went to watch a film that opens with a man walking through the snow, she turned to me and asked 'Who is that'?. Sake.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Could be a long thread, and could also possibly a dangerous one.

But let's do it anyway. Little things your other half does that annoy, possibly quite irrationally.

I'll start.

If he's watching TV and I walk in and say something, he always has to pause the programme in order to address the conversation and reply. Even if I ask a single question that takes two seconds (like "Are you working tomorrow?"), he has to pause the TV so he doesn't miss anything VITAL in those two seconds. Then he looks at me for confirmation the conversation is over, and presses Play to carry on viewing. I could understand if it was likely to be a long conversation, but when it just requires a yes or no answer...come on!

I don't really know why this annoys me, but it does....nor do I know how he coped before Sky boxes existed... :)

On the one hand, the replies so far seem to confirm the old stereotype that men cannot multi task.

On the other, he's often watching one thing on the TV and another on his iPad at the same time, therefore being concerned about missing two seconds of one to say "Yes" seems a tad unnecessary.

Are you my Girlfriend!? You could quite easily be describing me there.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Messaging me to get something in the shop that I left 5 minutes ago, usually as I pull up on the driveway.

Messaging me while I'm on my way home from London to pick something up from the shop, when I won't be home for at least another hour and the shop is 1 minute up the road. GO GET IT YOURSELF!!!!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not putting CDs back in the case - it's a habit that she seems to share with every woman I've been out with (although it used to be LPs)

Changing seats. We get in a train or sit down in a pub/restaurant and I make myself comfortable. A few minutes later she wants to move another seat as it's hot/cold/crowded/noisy/uncomfortable etc - which, often, means going up to the bar too and telling the staff that we've changed tables. She does it pretty much every place we go to.

Clean up while I'm cooking: so I find the knife I've been using in the dishwasher or the onion I've set aside in the bin

I'm sure I've many more faults she has though ...

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I used to have quite a number, but a couple of years ago my wife died and now I'm lonely. Appreciate your loved ones whilst there here, the things that annoy you now will be the things that you miss.

That being said, I can't bring myself to leave washing in the machine for a ridiculous amount of time in homage.

very true :nono:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I pause so she knows she has my undivided attention, I look directly at her but really I am trying to remember what I was watching and thinking about what I might be missing and oh she's gone, good now where was I................

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not putting CDs back in the case - it's a habit that she seems to share with every woman I've been out with (although it used to be LPs)

Changing seats. We get in a train or sit down in a pub/restaurant and I make myself comfortable. A few minutes later she wants to move another seat as it's hot/cold/crowded/noisy/uncomfortable etc - which, often, means going up to the bar too and telling the staff that we've changed tables. She does it pretty much every place we go to.

Clean up while I'm cooking: so I find the knife I've been using in the dishwasher or the onion I've set aside in the bin

I'm sure I've many more faults she has though ...

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:She isn't allowed in the kitchen when I'm cooking.

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
Mine never fully watches the telly - she is always on Ipad or phone, so ends up asking me loads of questions about what is going on. Just watch it yourself!
I was watching that German hostage drama last week which was subtitled and she even did it then!
She leaves every cupboard door open in the kitchen
She lets her horrible kids walk all over her (and speak to her like shit, which REALLY winds me up)

But she is bloody gorgeous!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

But let's do it anyway. Little things your other half does that annoy, possibly quite irrationally.

I'll start.

If he's watching TV and I walk in and say something, he always has to pause the programme in order to address the conversation and reply. Even if I ask a single question that takes two seconds (like "Are you working tomorrow?"), he has to pause the TV so he doesn't miss anything VITAL in those two seconds. Then he looks at me for confirmation the conversation is over, and presses Play to carry on viewing. I could understand if it was likely to be a long conversation, but when it just requires a yes or no answer...come on!

I don't really know why this annoys me, but it does....nor do I know how he coped before Sky boxes existed... :)

He's making a point that he thinks your question is pointless or could wait until after his very important TV programme is over. IMO.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I visit the smallest room in the house to perform my ablutions, and before I know it she's in there with our best oriental kitchenware chopping it up before it's had time to mature.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
A few MASSIVE issues in our house.

1. She will watch a programme on standard tv when it is on HD. Why would anyone do that?

2. Chucks the toothpaste away when there are a few days worth left but require effort.

3. Takes the bin bag out of the bin but leaves it open to make sure it is full to the brim which involves a few hours with open bin in the kitchen. It is grim.

4. Has no concept of how long five minutes is after she has said “I will be five minutes”

I am not sure how we have overcome these issues to last almost 20 years together.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He has a habit of starting to talk to me when he can see I have headphones in, then gets annoyed when I don't answer immediately - especially annoying if I'm watching an Albion game online and am only using my headphones because he doesn't want to listen to football commentary.

He's also incredibly indecisive and eats/drinks annoyingly loudly.

Aside from that though, he's alright.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I'll start.

Is the terminology '' still breathing '' allowed ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My chief one is that she will ALWAYS start talking to me as she moves into another room. She has quite a small voice too.

Also she claims we only ever have "my" music on when actually I only put stuff on that I think she'd like, or she picks music (including stuff I'm not a fan of). I like tonnes of (mostly heavier, or weirder/more electronic) stuff that I wouldn't ever play around her.

She cannot watch a film in cinema conditions (i.e. low light) without falling asleep within first 20-25 mins.

Takes four-thousand years to get ready for even the most informal of gatherings.

Other than these, she is brilliant.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
My better half and I grew up when phones had to be attached to the wall...

I grew up in a home where the phone was in the entrance hall so, generally, if I get a call I will leave the room to talk.

She grew up in a home where the phone was in the living room and so she just picks up the f**king phone and talks to whoever while I'm trying to watch the f**king television!

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
My better half and I grew up when phones had to be attached to the wall...

I grew up in a home where the phone was in the entrance hall so, generally, if I get a call I will leave the room to talk.

She grew up in a home where the phone was in the living room and so she just picks up the f**king phone and talks to whoever while I'm trying to watch the f**king television!

Mine does that but she Facetimes. Maybe I should pause the TV

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A dirty saucepan will become automatically clean if you fill it with hot water , a single squirt of washing liquid and then position it in the sink stacked on another pot with same. Its magic !!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
...oh yeah...

That advert for some estate agent or the other where the old guy keeps getting called to go upstairs or carry stuff upstairs for her, etc. Then she shouts but when he's half way up the stairs and she says "Oh, it's alright" and he has to walk back down. So in the end they move to a bungalow.

My other half said.... "ahhh, that's us!" like it was the most loving f**king thing in the world a couple could do. b*tch!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here