Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rosenior offered coaching role at Boro

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Never quite get these “Xxx is a shithole” posts about certain clubs.

While there is no doubt that Middlesbrough, Hull, Burnley and Luton (for example) are crap towns, it’s not like these well paid football folk actually live in those places, is it? Do you think Ashley Barnes lives in some Homes Under The Hammer style terraced hovel in Burnley town centre that he bought in an auction for £15,000? Of course he doesn’t. He probably lives in some stunning barn conversion in the Pennines. Likewise, no Middlesbrough player is going to be sniffing away at home in the shadow of ICI, or some derelict steelworks. They’ll all have lovely places off the North York Moors, or in that luxury enclave (formerly?) owned by Sir John Hall.

Sounds like Liam is staying anyway, but don’t fall into the trap of thinking that footballers give a toss about the state of the town they’re moving to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

However they might care about their families and living in the wider community. I agree with your point, you arent going to live in these horrible towns, however you might still haveto spend your time there if you ever want to leave the house. But lets be fair they have the money to do most things.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
However they might care about their families and living in the wider community. I agree with your point, you arent going to live in these horrible towns, however you might still haveto spend your time there if you ever want to leave the house. But lets be fair they have the money to do most things.

I have lived in the North East and also in London. I lived nearer to areas of deprivation in London and nobody has ever said that footballers shouldn’t move there.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Never quite get these “Xxx is a shithole” posts about certain clubs.

While there is no doubt that Middlesbrough, Hull, Burnley and Luton (for example) are crap towns, it’s not like these well paid football folk actually live in those places, is it? Do you think Ashley Barnes lives in some Homes Under The Hammer style terraced hovel in Burnley town centre that he bought in an auction for £15,000? Of course he doesn’t. He probably lives in some stunning barn conversion in the Pennines. Likewise, no Middlesbrough player is going to be sniffing away at home in the shadow of ICI, or some derelict steelworks. They’ll all have lovely places off the North York Moors, or in that luxury enclave (formerly?) owned by Sir John Hall.

Sounds like Liam is staying anyway, but don’t fall into the trap of thinking that footballers give a toss about the state of the town they’re moving to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I used to live in Hull and it is definitely NOT a crap town. It has crap bits, but show me town (including certain places on the south coast) that haven't.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here