Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Saman Ghoddos

the

Jul 25, 2018
London
Not what brighton needs right now. The team already has decent players who are hybrid Winger/CAM/SS.

Also, I have watched about 10 matches of him this season, and he's barely physical/fast enough for the French league, he would not survive in P. L.

He's still technically talented and very smart, and can do well in france/Italy, but I think it would be bad move for him and Brighton.

Last edited:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
plays for Amiens who could get relegated on the last day at the weekend

been out with injuries (back & stomach)

not played 90 minutes since February

valuation seems quite high

Add:

Had some experience in Eridivisie (well, possibly)

Interesting pronunciation problem for WA

And it just looks too good to miss. Sing him up.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
plays for Amiens who could get relegated on the last day at the weekend

been out with injuries (back & stomach)

not played 90 minutes since February

valuation seems quite high

Just the sort of signing we would make then!

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Played under Potter.

Currently playing in Ligue 1.

Valued at £4.5M

Worth a punt?

no, Ali J is the star player of the Iran team, the top scorer and player of the year in the Eredivisie 2 sesons ago and so far he's shown nothing to warrant a place in the 25 man squad. So why waste 4.5 million on an even worse Iranian.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He's been brought in partly so we can go young and British right? Seems completely the opposite signing to me. Often injured, average, not suited to the Prem and most importantly linked purely due to having worked with the manager before. I'd have thought we're trying to be totally the opposite of jobs for the boys. If not we'd have gone for a Big Sam type or hell, Redknapp :timmy:

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
no, Ali J is the star player of the Iran team, the top scorer and player of the year in the Eredivisie 2 sesons ago and so far he's shown nothing to warrant a place in the 25 man squad. So why waste 4.5 million on an even worse Iranian.

Going by Iranian fans, Ali J is not their star player internationally as the national team also plays defensively/counter-attacking style. Star play is Sardar Azmoun and this Ghoddos kid. Apparently, he just joined them after picking Iran over Sweden.

the

Jul 25, 2018
London
Going by Iranian fans, Ali J is not their star player internationally as the national team also plays defensively/counter-attacking style. Star play is Sardar Azmoun and this Ghoddos kid. Apparently, he just joined them after picking Iran over Sweden.

Ghoddos is liked by the fans, but he is not one of our stars yet. He typically came off the bench since joining the team few years ago.

Our stars are Sardar (Zenit), Ezatollahi (Reading), Beiranvand (Perspolis). There are also a couple of Dinosaurs like Dejagah who have O.G status, but they are too old to be considered stars.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
It's the first bit that did it for me, 'looks quick', gleaned from watching a few seconds of him in a video clip!

Its an observation. By watching the whole video ( not a few seconds) I gleaned that he had pace and looked quick. WTF is wrong with that? My statement was not an endorsement.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here