Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
My house price hasn’t gone down,it’s gone up by 45k since June 16.
I’m laughing Me tits off and We are on our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The voice of Brexit's finest! There is a well known fallacy of arguing from the particular to the general. Here's another example of this:

'Mr X is a Brexit supporter. He is not too bright, therefore all Brexit supporters are not too bright.' Of course in reality no-one would ever dream of deploying such an example.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
That word doesn’t appear in your post, you continue to push the Norway model The Norway model is dead, variations of it are dead too, ( see Barniers colouring in again)……..keep up- you are out of date

View attachment 100283

That's quite a useful graphic. I'm particularly taken with the way it appears to descend: this looks like the 'race to the bottom' and that accords with the UK's current direction of travel...…….

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The voice of Brexit's finest! There is a well known fallacy of arguing from the particular to the general. Here's another example of this:

'Mr X is a Brexit supporter. He is not too bright, therefore all Brexit supporters are not too bright.' Of course in reality no-one would ever dream of deploying such an example.

:smile: it really is difficult to not think [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] is a bit thick when he makes posts like that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You were, and since you offer no alternative explanation you simply don’t know you were.
You found that EU mechanism yet? You remember, the one you were looking for, that would allow us to take back control of our EU borders whilst staying in the EU and place quotas and a system of entry permits on EU citizens next week if we want to.
You went a bit quiet on that

Sigh. The whole point (which has been lost now) was Theresa May denied something two or three times before actually doing it.
Now she is denying a second vote.
Why give it any credence by denying it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why do you get yourself so wrapped up in politics here, your away from the place so enjoy your life.

If I see someone making an arse of themselves, my natural inclination is to help them out. Human nature I guess?

larus

Here’s another official U.K. Record of house prices from land registry showing price rises still.

http://landregistry.data.gov.uk/app/ukhpi

I think I’ll take official figures over Bloomberg. Bllomberg :shrug: :lol:.

These are up until June, so even if there’s been 1 month with a fall, it’s hardly a price crash. And, if house prices so soften, it’s a very good thing. Unless you think that price increases which benefit the asset rich people are a good thing, which would appear to be against your ‘man of the people’ mantra.

but we all know that you don’t want to see the truth, just to twist things to suit your on-gouging anti U.K. agenda.

Anyway, surely you must be busy there getting involved in all of the anti AfD/far-right problems sweeping through Germany with the complete screw-up Merkel has made on immigration there.

larus

UK manufacturing growth hits 25-month low amid Brexit fears

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...ng-growth-hits-25-month-low-amid-brexit-fears

Oh, and there’s a bit about retail gloom in there as well.

Morning [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION], have you smelt your coffee yet?

Haha, UK manufacturing GROWTH hits 25 month low. So, it’s still GROWING but not quite as fast as it was. You really don’t understand economics that much do you? Find a random article, think it portrays the UK in a bad light and start knocking one out in joy. Strange that you don’t seem to understand a lot of the ‘doom’ articles you like to post.

Anyway, tick-tock until the Italians issue their budget plans and want to blow the growth and stability pace 3% limit. Euro land is going to be a very uncomfortable place soon when the structural problems raise their head again. Then let’s see who’s gloating so much eh!

larus

Given TheGuardian, The Telegraph and Bloomberg, all reporting ONS figures, versus some internet based blog no one has heard of and is difficult to find out anything about I know which I’d believe. And the way you just brush off and ignore the housing recession is incredibly blasé, not to mention grossly insensitive to those in the sector.

Trawling the farther reaches of the World Wide Web to find anything, something, to back up your ludicrous ideas and attempt to debunk others is reminiscent of [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION], who is banned from this thread. For a minute I did wonder if this was his second account, but given you do not display the same tedious working class “roofers son from Molscoombe” chip I guess not.

Have a nice “cushty” day.

It’s not a blog - a blog is an opinion peice. This is a site with consolidates published governmental data. Do keep up with terminology old chap.

From Wikipedia

“Many blogs provide commentary on a particular subject or topic, ranging from politics to sports. Others function as more personal online diaries, and others function more as online brand advertising of a particular individual or company. A typical blog combines text, digital images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability of readers to leave publicly viewable comments, and interact with other commenters, is an important contribution to the popularity of many blogs. However, blog owners or authors often moderate and filter online comments to remove hate speech or other offensive content. Most blogs are primarily textual, although some focus on art (art blogs), photographs (photoblogs), videos (video blogs or "vlogs"), music (MP3 blogs), and audio (podcasts). In education, blogs can be used as instructional resources. These blogs are referred to as edublogs. Microblogging is another type of blogging, featuring very short posts.”

Talking of bans, I see that your little side-kick The Clamp/Nibble (who’s like you and likes to throw around insults of people being thick, racist, or making out that you are more educated or informed but can’t accept that others have different opinions) has been banned from this thread. Makes the atmosphere on here a little less toxic. It’s a shame that you can’t just engage rather than trying to constantly insult and make snide digs.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The disruption will be caused by regulatory issues more than WTO rules. WTO rules can be ‘ignored’ if both parties say they are working towards a FTA. And regulatory alignment is simple (if there’s a willingness by the EU to not be vindictive) as we are aligned already.

I really can't be arsed with this, but you are aware that there are a few more than two parties negotiating in the WTO deal ?

And you think that If the EU are willing to do what exactly we want, we could get a solution ?

And lastly, I see you are still insisting that if Boris had led negotiations, then the EU would have let us pick far more of their cherries ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Haha, UK manufacturing GROWTH hits 25 month low. So, it’s still GROWING but not quite as fast as it was. You really don’t understand economics that much do you? Find a random article, think it portrays the UK in a bad light and start knocking one out in joy. Strange that you don’t seem to understand a lot of the ‘doom’ articles you like to post.

Anyway, tick-tock until the Italians issue their budget plans and want to blow the growth and stability pace 3% limit. Euro land is going to be a very uncomfortable place soon when the structural problems raise their head again. Then let’s see who’s gloating so much eh!

I understand this sentence “The figures indicate that the sector, which suffered a fall in output during the first two quarters of the year, could remain in recession for the rest of 2018.”

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s not a blog - a blog is an opinion peice. This is a site with consolidates published governmental data. Do keep up with terminology old chap. .

Blog: regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group often written in an informal style.

I am now getting tired of correcting you. I’ll leave you be, especially as the Sonar tickets go on sale in 3 minutes. Good day.

larus

I understand this sentence “The figures indicate that the sector, which suffered a fall in output during the first two quarters of the year, could remain in recession for the rest of 2018.”

And when I read up on this yesterday, the biggest reduction in order activity was in export market due to deteriorating conditions in export markets, i.e. Europe and Asia. The problem comes when people try to use a simple headline figure and not accept that there are a multitude of factors and things can be choppy. For example, taking one month/quarters figures to try to score points is silly, but still some people like to do that.

larus

Blog: regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group often written in an informal style.

I am now getting tired of correcting you.

Yes, it’s not written in a style though is it. It’s reporting official government figures from around the world. It’s not offering an opinion.

Strewth. You really are something :lol:

larus

I really can't be arsed with this, but you are aware that there are a few more than two parties negotiating in the WTO deal ?

And you think that If the EU are willing to do what exactly we want, we could get a solution ?

And lastly, I see you are still insisting that if Boris had led negotiations, then the EU would have let us pick far more of their cherries ?

Look, if the EU/UK say to the WTO that we are negotiating a FTA, then the NI/ROI border will not fall under WTO ‘rules’.

And, as I keep telling you, the EU are responsible for the IMPORTS into ROI from NI. So, if they don’t implement border checks (which they have said they won’t), then they would be in breach of WTO rules (as you keep saying the UK would be).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You were, and since you offer no alternative explanation you simply don’t know you were.
You found that EU mechanism yet? You remember, the one you were looking for, that would allow us to take back control of our EU borders whilst staying in the EU and place quotas and a system of entry permits on EU citizens next week if we want to.
You went a bit quiet on that

Do your own research, but just to help you out, here is a start. We've always had control but didn't bother implementing it.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/richard-bird/immigration-blame-the-uk-_b_13120104.html

larus

Do your own research, but just to help you out, here is a start. We've always had control but didn't bother implementing it.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/richard-bird/immigration-blame-the-uk-_b_13120104.html

That article states that the restrictions apply for 7 years, and lists countries that joined in 2004. Maybe I’m missing the point you are trying to make. How can we stop immigration from those countries now if we wanted to?

And yes, this was done be BLIAR in 2004 to be a good little European, thinking about his own future on the gravy train.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here