Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Assuming we appoint Graham Potter, your gut feeling on next season

How will Potter do next season?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We're 1501-1 to win the league. Why not.
I'm happy to offer odds of 1502-1 on Brighton winning the league, to everyone on NSC.

Better that your hard earned cash goes to a fellow Brighton fan, than a bookie.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Massive gamble dismissal amplified by massive gamble appointed.
Who made you overlord, decreeing that it is 'ill informed' to think we will be getting relegated. Especially when you put it as a pole option.
What a self-opinionated blowhard you've become.

Nice semi quote ignoring the part where I said that those in favour were aware it could go pear shaped. You are the one who is completely dismissing the alternative view.

How fecking rude and obnoxious are you at the moment?

Here’s the bit you chose to ignore

Just a heads up, we may or may not go down but you are just letting your emotions rule your thoughts. NOBODY knows what will happen and the majority of the CH outers are mostly accepting that it could go horribly pear shaped. NONE of the angry ones can even contemplate that it just MAY be a new and exciting dawn.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Another question might be: who would you most trust to keep us in the Premier League - Potter or Hughton? I think this is a huge gamble by TB. Despite coming close to going down, I think CH was unlucky with dud signings and injuries. And in the end he just about got the job done. He is tactically adept at nullifying the opposition. I think we will be on the end of a few 6-0's ourselves next season and could well end up doing a Fulham - trying to play expansive football but getting picked off by teams that are simply better than us.

I would like to give CH credit for that, but I can't get past the nine points our friends up the road gifted us this season. Where would be without friends, eh?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Without additional pace coming into the team, the more entertaining tactics that some crave for will see lots of goals but mainly from the opposition as we suffer heavy defeats away from home, and sink into the bottom 3 from the start of the season

This.

Locadia, Gross and Propper won’t feature together in winning PL matches under Potter. We will acquire creative players with pace this summer.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Err..where did you get that from? ???

This thread asks a question about our gut feelings, I’ve answered honestly! I think a lot of our current crop of players could struggle to adapt. Thats all. Not once have I said I won’t support the club. Tony doesn’t always get it right does he?

As I’ve said numerous times on this thread already, I hope I’m wrong!

The good news is that you are! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Lol ok but 3 or 4 losses don’t be among the pile-on calling for his head Ok?

Deal. 5 and I’m asking for his head tho! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The more I hear from Potter the more I like him.

I had resigned myself to the fact that whatever improvements we might see on the field in terms of playing style and tactics, we were always going to be "taking a hit" in terms of the character of our new appointment, simply because CH is such a dignified, humble and respecful human being. Not all managers are like that, even the very greatest managers don't always say and do things which endear them to others.

I find it pretty remarkable that we actually seem to have found someone who can live up to the character we all loved in CH. Perhaps I shouldn't be so surprised because no doubt TB values those things pretty highly too, but like I say, they aren't qualities found in every football manager. We've done really well here, by all accounts we've found a manager who can get good things out of players - and can be another representative of our football club of whom we can all be proud.

I was pretty buzzing when I started to look at Potters record in footballing terms, but I'm even more buzzing now that I realize that we are going to continue to have a thoroughly fine human being at the helm too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Someone (me) voted. Didnt think it would lead to a bounce but it did.

Bloody cheat but with advantage of 2 season’s hindsight, a disappointingly negative vote.

We are top 10 at least next season :wink:

Good bounce though, interesting to see how we thought it would all pan out

What WERE you thinking [MENTION=4934]One Teddy Maybank[/MENTION] :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Murray is part of Potters plans then he might as well get the sack now.
Groß may well have to be accommodated but even then a tighter role and more options ahead of him could take the edge off his lacking pace.

:shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Crikey, I was in the positive "Breath of fresh air, we’ll do well" grouping.

Probably, simply looking forward to a fresh start after Stains, Bmuff and Cardiff had all outclassed us at the Amex in those dire preceding months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here