Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
I know people will say its all about negotiations but the fact that Potter has not said yes leaves me to think that something is amiss. If he does not want to join a poor PL team over a mediocre Championship team then maybe he shouldn't be our first choice.

The impression I'm getting from reports is that he has said yes but we need to go through the semblance of "negotiations" to make it look like we haven't been negotiating already through his agent.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think Hughton could have evolved with better recruitments next season, like he turned round a league 1 relegation team.

Anyway you got your wish, the new messiah is here. Don't turn on him to quickly if things don't go well straight away.

Let's not try and rewrite history. That L1 relegation team had made the playoffs the previous season. Yes, he turned things around but it's not like he had nothing to work with.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
An exciting forward thinking appointment. The future now full of possibilities, we knew our number one target and got him. This is where the infrastructure build has paid off. Potter seems to be the ideal candidate to match the long term vision of the club. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating of course, but I for one am enthused by this appointment.

Supadupahands

Mar 10, 2016
It is all about negotiations and contracts and respect for your current employers and future ones. As well Brighton not wanting to piss off Swansea say if we want to buy up a couple of players as well.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
This is good work from TB. It’s his train set and he acted decisively to upgrade it from a wooden push along Thomas the tank jobbie, to an electric Hornby.

Any number of clubs could have come in for Potter, but by being decisive and quick, moving CH out within 12 hours, he has got his man. Other clubs will be royally p155ed off at his speed of thought and movement. Confident and positive about the next chapter now.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Personally wouldn't let Balogan or Schelotto anywhere near a PL side but the rest of that team excites me and that's without the new signing's that will inevitably follow over the summer
Maybe with different coaching and tactics they might be decent. Let's not forget what Poyet did with El Abd and others who most thought were liabilities.

Not saying they will improve but it's nice to think it's possible.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Hughton certain relegation next season with turgid defensive football .

Potter is a gamble but less than keeping Hughton

I think we will go down anyway. The transition, whether 'big bang' or incremental, is not going to be easy. Despite the success of staying up, felt emotionally flat when leaving the Amex last Sunday. After an 'orrible season, getting mojo back.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
That's the spirit. Normally you are quite negative Looking forward to the transfer window now

Surely some serious wedge will be thrown around or why get rid of hughton.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I thought the Potter film franchise finished years ago

Graham Potter & the Philosophy Reborn
Graham Potter & the Chamber of Bloom
Graham Potter & the Pilsner of Dicks Bar
Graham Potter & the Ring of Fire
Graham Potter & the Order of the Barber
Graham Potter & the Half n Half Scarve
Graham Potter & the Duffys Harems. Part 1, 2............

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So a whole 6 full days after showing CH the door, Mr Bloom gets (to interview at least) his man.

The amount of piss filled knickers on this thread is amazing.
If you've bleated on about the 'protracted' hiatus, this week, you've rather let yourself down, some of the stuff written has been embarrassing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here