Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not sure how you interpreted my post as playing the victim as it was about identifying some remainers extremist views and pointing out they shouldn't be surprised at the consequences of ignoring democratic votes and showing patronising contempt for people with a different view. The constant (nearly 3 year) whine of people who can't accept democratic results combined with the mainstream political parties/class proving totally incompetent has definitely provided an opening for Farage and the Brexit party. An opening that they seem to be exploiting very successfully. Keep up the good work ...

I've highlighted a couple of points: First point, that has been from both sides, so that's not really a valid criticism; if one side had acted with fairness and decency throughout then fair enough, but it hasn't so you can't. Secondly, if you can put your hand on your heart and say that it wouldn't happen had the vote gone the other way then I genuinely know we can't believe a word you type - it's in people's nature to fight for their beliefs - if everyone fell in line with everything then we really would have a brainwashed society.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I think you may be getting mixed up

Pretty pink fairy is primarily racist with elements of idiot
Two Professors is primarily idiot with elements of racist

Hope this helps :)

From the evidence of their posts I would add the adjectives 'dangerously large' to the word 'elements'.
If you are right, then both ideologies are loathsome to me.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I've highlighted a couple of points: First point, that has been from both sides, so that's not really a valid criticism; if one side had acted with fairness and decency throughout then fair enough, but it hasn't so you can't. Secondly, if you can put your hand on your heart and say that it wouldn't happen had the vote gone the other way then I genuinely know we can't believe a word you type - it's in people's nature to fight for their beliefs - if everyone fell in line with everything then we really would have a brainwashed society.

Strange criteria to insist on. Numerous remainers drone on about the leave campaign misleading people but the remain campaign did the same so by your argument, this invalidates the criticism of the leave campaign. :D

I am sure there would have been a few people who wouldn't have accepted a remain win (eg Farage) and called for another vote but I am also sure most of the remainers on this thread acting in exactly the same way would have told him and his fellow travellers to bog off and accept democracy ... hypocritical twunts.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Strange criteria to insist on. Numerous remainers drone on about the leave campaign misleading people but the remain campaign did the same so by your argument, this invalidates the criticism of the leave campaign. :D

Yeah, you are right - it does.

I am sure there would have been a few people who wouldn't have accepted a remain win (eg Farage) and called for another vote but I am also sure most of the remainers on this thread acting in exactly the same way would have told him and his fellow travellers to bog off and accept democracy ... hypocritical twunts.

Again, yeah they would. My point is, it's hardly a relevant stick to beat the other side with unless it was a guarantee that the other side wouldn't act in the same manner. I have no issues with people pulling up points that are valid, but neither side can really claim that they've won the moral battle in this farce :thumbsup:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If Boris becomes PM I'm ****ing off

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
even when a democratic vote went before you , it's the types like you in Westminster and the media that have dragged this on and caused more harm than good to this country and made us look a bit tin pot to say the least ...........LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
regards
DR

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
even when a democratic vote went before you , it's the types like you in Westminster and the media that have dragged this on and caused more harm than good to this country and made us look a bit tin pot to say the least ...........LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
regards
DR

'types like me' meaning? I voted remain but at this point I just want them to get on with it, regardless of the direction - i'm just sick and tired of being stuck in political purgatory.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
'types like me' meaning? I voted remain but at this point I just want them to get on with it, regardless of the direction - i'm just sick and tired of being stuck in political purgatory.

You cannot reason with someone stuck in Piaget's intuitive stage of thinking. It's an unfair challenge for him.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The bloody cost of two World Wars caused many people from different countries in Europe to recognise that loathing each other (merely because of the accident of their birth place) doesn't work on any level 2p - whatever colour you are ..... but obviously you don't accept that. Loathing an ideology is different though and in my view reasonable.

Now, about your ideology....

Are you a racist? Just asking....

Are you a paedophile?Just asking...

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
From the evidence of their posts I would add the adjectives 'dangerously large' to the word 'elements'.
If you are right, then both ideologies are loathsome to me.

Think your Google translate has gone wrong again.If idiot is an ideology,then you've got it in spades.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You're allowed to be responsible for children?
Jesus, the world's gone mad.

After your Eurovision meltdown,I sincerely hope you haven't got a pet,never mind kids.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Please will you write that again so that it makes sense.

If you were an Albion supporter instead of a troll,you would understand.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You cannot reason with someone stuck in Piaget's intuitive stage of thinking. It's an unfair challenge for him.

Was that the Piaget who was very interested in children?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here