Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton Manager?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
For those worried about Phil Neville, I'll up the ante with.... Aidy Boothroyd. Very well regarded in FA (Dan Ashworth?) circles.. I'm really hoping for Potter, personally.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Nobody mentioned Claude Puel?

Thank god for that!

Graham Potter is a good fit, if he can get our lot to pass and move(forward) and if he could grab some points in the first ten games of next season, then I can see people warming to him.
Failing that, I'd have Phil Neville. Not every ones cup of tea(or any one) but has a good footballing brain

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Eddie Howe is down from 40-1 to 8-1 in the last hour and a half. Must be a good move for the lad, small wee Dorset (or somewhere down there) provincial team to mega Sussex outfit...........

TNBA

TTF
I’d be happy with that. Plays attractive football and knows how to change a game with substitutions, what’s not to like. Yes he has a cozy little number where he is but could he resist the stadium, facilities and ambition etc being offered by us.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I like Nathan, as a player he was great for us.....i have sort of followed him a bit since he moved on...........but as much as I respect the guy, there is no way he is Premier League ready..............In all honesty, and maybe I hear more as I live near Swansea (and I do get to see the odd game)..........but Potter is not ready for the Prem or BHA yet either!!

The police have been informed:wink:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Thank god for that!

Graham Potter is a good fit, if he can get our lot to pass and move(forward) and if he could grab some points in the first ten games of next season, then I can see people warming to him.
Failing that, I'd have Phil Neville. Not every ones cup of tea(or any one) but has a good footballing brain

I disagree, I don’t think Phil (as jovial and nice as he appears) actually has a brain at all.

He certainly won’t over think things, that’s for sure.

His appointment would terrify me.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Eddie Howe is down from 40-1 to 8-1 in the last hour and a half. Must be a good move for the lad, small wee Dorset (or somewhere down there) provincial team to mega Sussex outfit...........

Now this would absolutely be my preference and would be over the moon if it happened. I’ve questioned in my mind whether he would leave Bmuff to come here due to the fact he was previously being touted for the Arsenal manager job. But seeing as he didn’t get a sniff at a move like that then maybe he could just feel like his stock could rise to another level if he came here and took us to the next level (overtaking Bmuff in the process) with far better facilities as you’d like to think he’d have a bigger playing budget if you consider the income levels between the 2 clubs.

:shrug:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
He's supposedly a coach with a bit of a radical approach and progressive ideas on tactics etc.

That he has no experience in the top flight or a convincing list of achievements makes him a massive risk for me.

I’ve got some radical ideas* and also have no experience or achievements** in any way. I might throw my hat in the ring.

*I mean, I don’t have any ideas RIGHT NOW, but I can definitely get something ready for the interview.
**I do have a cycling proficiency if that lends any credence

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Lamp's talking out of the side of his mouth lavishing Chris Hughton with praise, whilst throwing his hat into the ring two days before a play off semi-final 2nd leg. Bending over for Leeds for the fourth time in the last 9 months.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
GATTUSSO.

Get on it LARGE

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
With Ashworth in place it’s pretty obvious it will be Potter and I’m delighted

It creates a clear over-arching philosophy and that is what success is built upon.

Moaning about a 10th Championship finish is ridiculous considering the constraints he was under, and how he did most of it with kids and budget buys.

I’ve followed his career for a while due to him being an Englishman managing in Sweden and what he did with Östersunds was nothing short of a miracle. Swans fans are gutted he could be leaving as they firmly believe with backing from the board he could get them up. He also gave them their sense of footballing identity back too.

Delighted if it happens.

Spot on. Didn’t know much about Potter but Swansea fans are genuinely gutted and say he’s a nice respected guy, plays good footie and has given them identity again. Fits into the BHA ethos & financial levels perfectly. I’d prefer someone respected but underrated rather than some big time Charlie.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Spot on. Didn’t know much about Potter but Swansea fans are genuinely gutted and say he’s a nice respected guy, plays good footie and has given them identity again. Fits into the BHA ethos & financial levels perfectly. I’d prefer someone respected but underrated rather than some big time Charlie.

Whilst I agree Potter might well be a good option, Chris Wilder achieved far more with even less at the Blades. Yet he’s not quite so fashionable?!? Odd that.

Yet I’d have him here in a heartbeat.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Whilst I agree Potter might well be a good option, Chris Wilder achieved far more with even less at the Blades. Yet he’s not quite so fashionable?!? Odd that.

Yes, but Chris Wilder is already a Premier League manager next season, and with the club he has supported since boyhood, where he is an absolute hero.

I doubt even the top 6 could poach him at this point - he will want to prove himself next season with Sheffield United in the Premier League.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Yes, but Chris Wilder is already a Premier League manager next season, and with the club he has supported since boyhood, where he is an absolute hero.

I doubt even the top 6 could poach him at this point - he will want to prove himself next season with Sheffield United in the Premier League.

Good point, and yes I think you’re probably right on the money as it were.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Wilder still goes to the ground on the bus like he did when he was a fan. Literally more chance of us getting Klopp!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Waiting anxiously for The New Sami. and relegation by Christmas.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Now this would absolutely be my preference and would be over the moon if it happened. I’ve questioned in my mind whether he would leave Bmuff to come here due to the fact he was previously being touted for the Arsenal manager job. But seeing as he didn’t get a sniff at a move like that then maybe he could just feel like his stock could rise to another level if he came here and took us to the next level (overtaking Bmuff in the process) with far better facilities as you’d like to think he’d have a bigger playing budget if you consider the income levels between the 2 clubs.

:shrug:

I'd imagine Howe would be our number 1 choice. Just can't ever see it happening.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I'd imagine Howe would be our number 1 choice. Just can't ever see it happening.

Exactly, its a nonsense. As much as we like togo on about how tinpot Bournemouth are, are we really a step up? Would Howe further his career coming here?

No. Howe will stay at Bournemouth until a big 6 club (or at a push Everton or Leicester or a big boy foreign club) come in for him.

Potter is the clear favourite, not least because he is one of the only names which makes any sense.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here