Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Local Council Elections

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Which is why they didn't enter into coalition with Labour in 2010 because Gordon Brown had just been trounced, and why they knocked back Theresa May in 2017.

It's about time the electorate became a bit more grown up about coalition arrangements and realised issues aren't all black and white.

I don't disagree. But has anything about the electorate suggested they are in the process of maturing views?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Amy Frances Heley (Green), Siriol Ann Hugh-Jones (Green) and Leo Littman (Green) have been elected as councillors for the Preston Park ward.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Will we finally get a non Tory local councillor in Mid Sussex? Last time the Tory party won 54/54. Only a few results in so far but 5/5 for the Tory party. Last time the Green candidate in High Weald (my area) was not that far behind.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Nancy Platts (Labour), Nichole Brennan (Labour) and Gill Williams (Labour) have been elected as councillors for the East Brighton ward.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I would seriously advise the Libs against any sort of coalition with an unpopular government in future. Even just on a supply & demand basis.

Oh absolutely, they won't go into coalition. Neither will change uk. But I'd wager they'll keep a Labour - snp minority coalition in power rather than revert to a general election, by abstaining on certain votes, and there will certainly be areas of agreement

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
UKIP have lost a few seats but they have managed to take Umbridge.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Will we finally get a non Tory local councillor in Mid Sussex? Last time the Tory party won 54/54. Only a few results in so far but 5/5 for the Tory party. Last time the Green candidate in High Weald (my area) was not that far behind.

Hassocks has gone all three Lib Dem. Burgess Hill is going Lib Dem / Green by the looks of it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014

Still "balloon on a stick territory" but more people voted for non-Tories in Ardingly than voted for Tories whereas in 2015 it was almost 2:1 for the Conservatives. If the Lib Dems had only fielded one canditate they might well have got a result.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Marianna Ebel (Green), Jackie O'Quinn (Labour) and John Christopher Allcock (Labour) have been elected as councillors for the Goldsmid ward.

Is that the first ward with split results across parties? Very close between the 3 Green and 3 Labour candidates.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
ALLCOCK John Christopher Labour Party 2,049 Yes
EBEL Marianna Green Party candidate 2,258 Yes

ENGLAND Andrew Stephen Liberal Democrats 514
HARMER-STRANGE Steve Conservative Party Candidate 677
HESS Martin Hugo Conservative Party Candidate 651
HILL Raphael T H Green Party candidate 1,962
MAY Orla Clare Grainne Liberal Democrats 538
MOSES Steve Green Party candidate 1,772
MULLIN Laura May Liberal Democrats 398
O`QUINN Jackie Labour Party 2,145 Yes
REVELL Peter Alan Conservative Party Candidate 620
TAYLOR Carl UK Independence Party (UKIP) 183
TAYLOR Debbie Labour Party 1,911

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Hassocks has gone all three Lib Dem. Burgess Hill is going Lib Dem / Green by the looks of it.

Two more Lib Dems for MSDC from Burgess Hill Meeds Ward at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here