Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] OT - Cocker Spaniels

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
They look nice, one facing the camera looks really happy.

Never thought of his markings in that way, nice one. That’s unusual, most people, on meeting them, lean towards the bitch.

4A876A18-DAD4-4593-BEDF-FD2FECB9B033.jpeg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Something to consider with dogs is your lifestyle . . . . If you have a Mrs who's a bit Essex/white clothes /bling, get a new Mrs.
Fixed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Before we choose a name, we've got to choose between...
Chocolate roan
Orange roan

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
98e3544e4d3c91b90e146aad82cbc645.jpg

This is our Working Cocker.

He is 8 now and still very active.

He is the most unaggressive, loyal & loving dog you could imagine but we probably wouldn’t get another one because he is just too crazy and driven. He really needs 3 walks a day which we struggle to provide. He did not reach sexual maturity till around 6 at which point he was chopped, in retrospect, we should have got him done when he was a pup instead of waiting for his behaviour to become problematic.

Our second dog is a Working Cocker crossed with a Springerpoo. Essentially, she is a mini golden retriever. She is so much calmer, independent and at ease. We’d probably go for a Working Cocker Cross next time despite adoring the breed although if a very calm and stable mother was forthcoming, we’d consider one. (Think this is the breeder https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/classi...iniature-golden-doodle-puppies-lyndhurst.html)
1998f0f9dc7f5cdf8bbb44627cac291c.jpg

Good luck in your search.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He did not reach sexual maturity till around 6 at which point he was chopped, in retrospect, we should have got him done when he was a pup instead of waiting for his behaviour to become problematic.
Why would it have been better to do it before it was problematic?

Good luck in your search.
Thanks

theboybilly

I will always rescue/rehome in future. After the loss of my Staffie we are dipping our toes in the fostering waters before considering a permanent rehome. Our house is so empty without a dog, and not knowing quite what will be coming though our door adds to the excitement. I can't wait to welcome our first new friend

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I'm looking for a new family dog. I don't have experience with many breeds, but of those I do, Cockers are currently my favourites.

Can anyone recommend any other breeds that are perhaps similar - size, temperament (gentle, good with kids) etc?

And if we do go for another Cocker, can anyone recommend a good breeder? Also, any idea what a Cocker from a good breeder might cost these days?

Thanks

I thought this was a thread about CMS

Spaniel is a lovely breed of dog all good with children the Cocker spaniel needs lots of exercise and good training I do not think its a dog for families with children who will become bored and not want to take the dog out for a good hours or more walk in the rain on a cold winters night, instead consider the cocker spaniels smaller cousin the King Charles Spaniel they make a great family addition but a lot less effort to keep fit and healthy

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Spaniel is a lovely breed of dog all good with children the Cocker spaniel needs lots of exercise and good training I do not think its a dog for families with children who will become bored and not want to take the dog out for a good hours or more walk in the rain on a cold winters night, instead consider the cocker spaniels smaller cousin the King Charles Spaniel they make a great family addition but a lot less effort to keep fit and healthy
The outlaws have three Cavalier K.C. Spaniels. They are nice lap dogs, indeed needing less exercise - not sure if they're good to go running with? I prefer Cockers anyway, and it seems it's a done deal.

I'm trying to choose between chocolate roan and orange roan - wife's trying to get both.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
The outlaws have three Cavalier K.C. Spaniels. They are nice lap dogs, indeed needing less exercise - not sure if they're good to go running with? I prefer Cockers anyway, and it seems it's a done deal.

I'm trying to choose between chocolate roan and orange roan - wife's trying to get both.
I struggle to imagine only having one dog, though our current total of five is a bit much. They make great company for each other and at least it makes your decision easier.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I struggle to imagine only having one dog, though our current total of five is a bit much. They make great company for each other and at least it makes your decision easier.
Hi darling, I didn't know you had your own NSC account.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

Apologies missed the running bit good luck choosing a colour

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here