Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Comments on daunting evening

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hopefully longer than 4 minutes then.

Nah, 1-0 down can be seen as still "in the game". We gave City a couple of scares towards the end, nothing major but if we were 1-0 down against Spurs with 20 mins to go, you could consider that being "in the game", IMO.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
And after all the years trying to get to the holy grail of the supposedly best league in the world, It has come to this!

And if we stay up this is all we have to look forward to....hoping to be so defensive we get single points!

No one is saying this.

You'd rather we went toe to toe against the teams in our next 4 games?
that would somehow make our promotion to the premier league more valid for you?

People expecting us to be playing exciting, attacking, successful football inside 2 seasons, really surprises me.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Of course I may be mistaken and he looks at the example of woy who sends his team out to have a go against the top teams....seems to work for them at times, but maybe they are a far better team than us?

You're comparing apples and pears, Roy has set them up as a counter attacking team and has the right players to do it. That's why their home record is so bad.

We simply don't have the pace to do it, that's why we're so bad away from home IMHO.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
No one is saying this.

People expecting us to be playing exciting, attacking, successful football inside 2 seasons, really surprises me.

Why? Wolves have managed to do it successfully in their first season.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Our players will have the incentive of getting into the history book. Not necessarily to be the first team to get anything from at the Spurs ground conversion but being the first player to score there and you never know

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Why? Wolves have managed to do it successfully in their first season.

You really don't know why we are different to Wolves?

Or is this a different angle? The problem isn't CH it's Tony Bloom!

Bloom out! His lack of spending is holding us back!
The only way for us to get to the next level, is to be brought out by fickle foreign investors looking for a vanity project, until they get bored.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
No one is saying this.

I don't think anyone really expects us to go gungho but I also think most did not expect us to be THIS negative.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I don't think anyone really expects us to go gungho but I also think most did not expect us to be THIS negative.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Are you saying "this negative" in relation to the Wolves game? Or in general?
Because I would take issue with the idea we have been too defensive this year.

At the beginning of the year we switched to a more attacking style of play.
Hughton knew that we could not survive indefinitely with trying to nick games here and there and changed things.
We saw some improvement in performances, running United close, going 2 goals up away from home twice.
But the results didn't come. We had little luck along the way to be fair, but equally the new approach didn't really gel.

Hughton persevered with the approach into the games where it should have started yielding better results.
But it didn't work. It didn't work because by being more attacking we opened ourselves up too much.

To say that we were too defensive against Burnley/Cardiff/Bournemouth is massively missing the point.
We weren't defensive in those games. Far from it.
We were undone by counter attacking goals in all of those games.

Now we need to be defensive - because the stats and current form indicate we should get a maximum of 1 pt from our next 4 games.
History indicates if we try for more by attacking we will get 0 points. We need at least 2 IMO

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I like a challenge

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
For England and St George on St Georges day - we need a bit of blood and passion - "once more unto the breach my friends , once more "
Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'
Well it must be noted that Harry isnt playing which could be handy
Same old same old for me - sit back , defend , one chance . 2-0 spurs .

well you might stir up dunk , stephens , solly and murray with that little passage .....the rest of them....:moo:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Parking the bus against Wolves is one thing (even they hit the woodwork twice) but parking the bus against Spurs is another thing altogether.

Spurs usually feel the pressure at the business end of the season, and this is a game they are expected to win comfortably. We need to do what Burnley did last night against Chelsea, which is to defend well, carry a threat on the counter and set pieces and - crucially - frustrate the opposition, using the black arts where necessary.

I can't see any of that happening, particularly as it's all about the Newcastle match on Saturday. I'd start the Reject XI and hope for a miracle.

Pretty sure our Reject XI is better than the first team!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Well here's what I think.

Having a go is the most important thing. Even if we don't get anything from the game. Right from the first whistle. Effort and energy are a must. Leave everything on the pitch. Only if we are brave can we get something. Our season is at stake. Show them what we are made of. Every second of every minute counts.

:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here