Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Love the way [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] hasn't been seen for most pre season then palace are about to sign 3 players and her chest is all pumped out and she is posting post after post with a smug look as she pushes send..

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Oh my palace mates routine again .

Yes sorry, I have mates and you don’t. Maybe if you got off the bloody internet and went out a bit, you might
Find a friend.Yes I work with and have Palace mates who actually talk good football chat and know a thing about your club and are worried about the way it is being run, backed up by your social media. Just you and the other goons on here seem to think you are a mixture of Barcelona and a well run company, You ain’t. Sorry going out now, you should try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
So Spurs are "skint" but with a brand new, massive stadium and Palace are actually skint and have **** all. I'm not really sure what point you're attempting to score here.

Whilst I have no idea what point was attempted to being scored, but Tottenham haven’t paid for their brand new, massive stadium up front, have they?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Whilst I have no idea what point was attempted to being scored, but Tottenham haven’t paid for their brand new, massive stadium up front, have they?
I don't know, apparently not, but a Palace fan attempting some sort of cheap shot about another team's finances (Spurs as well) is rather odd to say the least.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
So Spurs are "skint" but with a brand new, massive stadium and Palace are actually skint and have **** all. I'm not really sure what point you're attempting to score here.

I never suggested Spurs are “skint” , I merely pointed out they won’t be spending big, and they will try to get in players on the cheap.
But don’t let that stop you twisting it to a Palace/skint / last ones to give advice/ taking the piss reply.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I never suggested Spurs are “skint” , I merely pointed out they won’t be spending big, and they will try to get in players on the cheap.
But don’t let that stop you twisting it to a Palace/skint / last ones to give advice/ taking the piss reply.

Something Palace haven’t heard of ‘living within your means ‘

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If true then a bid of £45m for Mr Tumble is hardly trying to get players in on the cheap.

How am I twisting anything, it's you that brought up your fascination with Spurs finances. Shame you're not even interested in those of the club you support mind.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was reading today about Levy’s financial quandary with the new build.
That to me sounds like you won’t be doing too much business, especially with rumours of a cut price offer for Wilf, loaded with a big sell on clause.

Levy is notorious for trying to get a bargain, paying as little as possible for those he buys, and getting as much as he can for the ones he sells (obviously that is something that all clubs try, but he is particularly famed for it). I don't know what Spurs are rumoured to have offered for Zaha (so won't bother getting involved in an argument about whether it's a fair appraisal or not), but I'm sure it has little-to-nothing to do with the cost of the stadium, and everything to do with Levy being Levy.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The cost of £400 mill has doubled to £850 mill,and he’s committed to pay back all borrowings in five years !
That to me sounds like you won’t be doing too much business, especially with rumours of a cut price offer for Wilf, loaded with a big sell on clause.
It’s ok Daniel, we’ve brought him through, so when the time comes, we’ll reap the financial rewards thank you very much .

Not strictly true.

Don't his last club, you know, the BIG one in Manchester, the one where he was found out to be a small time player and they couldn't ship him out fast enough to Cardiff City, you know where he also failed, anyway doesn't that big club have a mahoosive sell on clause, rumoured to be 40% ?

Just asking.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Not strictly true.

Don't his last club, you know, the BIG one in Manchester, the one where he was found out to be a small time player and they couldn't ship him out fast enough to Cardiff City, you know where he also failed, anyway doesn't that big club have a mahoosive sell on clause, rumoured to be 40% ?

Just asking.

Where on earth have you heard 40%? I've not heard anyone on our end suggesting anything more than 20%.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So many of the usual suspects getting owned by BHA in this thread with FACTS. Back to normality and another fun season :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No idea who the loans are, but Guiata and Meyer would respresent two very exciting signings. I don't think anyone at Palace will be complaining about a transfer window in which we sign two players of that quality, potentially loan a couple more and keep Zaha.

Ed Malyon in the Indy has said that Zaha won't be leaving this summer. This doesn't mean that he has promised to stay for ever and ever, but it's bloody good news anyway :clap2:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...w-cheikou-kouyate-wilfried-zaha-a8472851.html

I literally read that article and just thought - this guy HAS to be a palace fan - it was so painfully obvious. A bit of research and hey presto - he is! Very poor from a journo. He was at the mirror before mind.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I literally read that article and just thought - this guy HAS to be a palace fan - it was so painfully obvious. A bit of research and hey presto - he is! Very poor from a journo. He was at the mirror before mind.

Good spot! Just found this article on him. :lolol:

Ed Maylon: My first Crystal Palace shirt
MARCH 18, 2017 BY MJMAXWELL
We caught up with Ed Malyon Sport Editor of the Independent to talk Crystal Palace shirts and knee slides at family weddings...

What was your first ever football shirt?
"It was the 1995 Crystal Palace shirt made by Nutmeg (pretty sure they don’t exist anymore) and sponsored by TDK (who probably don’t either). I got it for my 6th birthday and the next day was my Aunt’s wedding, once I’d completed my page boy duties in classic sailor suit, I switched to my Palace kit for the reception and ran around doing knee-slides."

N17

Jun 21, 2011
The cost of £400 mill has doubled to £850 mill,and he’s committed to pay back all borrowings in five years !
It’s ok Daniel, we’ve brought him through, so when the time comes, we’ll reap the financial rewards thank you very much .

You have made the same schoolboy error as everyone else that reads the click bait headlines on newsnow or football London. The £400-450mn is for the stadium the £800-850mn is for the whole Northumberland Park Development which includes a college, hotel, 200 houses, transport infrastructure and refurbishment of several listed buildings and a chunk of Tottenham High Road.
Nice try though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Jordan Ayew having a medical at Crystal Palace apparently. Good signing based on his past record.

Sochaux - relegated
Lorient- relegated
Aston Villa - relegated
Swansea - relegated

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here