Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£20m Palace bid for over-rated striker

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I'm pretty sure this is the problem with most of their 'big name' signings.

I felt so sorry for poor Adebayor. Such a distinguished career and then he is wrongly advised by his agent to sign for Palace; no wonder he put no effort in. What a come down.

Then there is Cabeye, you can't help but feel total anguish for the fellow as he thought he was signing for a Premier League team but ends up in a decrepit stadium that would struggle to grace a Sunday league. Then, to add insult to injury, he sees the ball sailing over him time and time again as Pardew plays dull, old fashioned, percentage hoof ball in search of set pieces and goals on the break. How they survived last season is still a huge shock.

Certainly not good enough for Brighton's first team, but I feel he would be good enough for Palace.
I do worry about his state of mind though if he does come, what a horrible time he will have playing in our slum. I mean apart from the premier league football and tens of thousands of pounds wages a week I'm not sure what we have to offer.
I'm sure he would much rather play in a nice stadium. One that is peaceful and tranquil, especially on match days. Not to mention the lure of championship football, seaon after season. Not sure how you would afford his wages though, but that's to be expected when you lose 1.5 million every month. Maybe Barber could charge for memembersp of dicks bar next, that could raise a few quid.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I'm pretty sure this is the problem with most of their 'big name' signings.

I felt so sorry for poor Adebayor. Such a distinguished career and then he is wrongly advised by his agent to sign for Palace; no wonder he put no effort in. What a come down.

Then there is Cabeye, you can't help but feel total anguish for the fellow as he thought he was signing for a Premier League team but ends up in a decrepit stadium that would struggle to grace a Sunday league. Then, to add insult to injury, he sees the ball sailing over him time and time again as Pardew plays dull, old fashioned, percentage hoof ball in search of set pieces and goals on the break. How they survived last season is still a huge shock.
Tbh I'm still coming to terms that you didn't come up , the football world is in shock with that .

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I mean apart from the premier league football and tens of thousands of pounds wages a week I'm not sure what we have to offer.

Still against modern football?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not really, its what normally happens when a team is relegated. Footballers look after number 1 and to be honest should. No need to be precious about it

Most give it at least a week.

His attitude stopped him becoming a top player.

Or how about the time he was injured till Jan then handed in a transfer request because he wasn't playing?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Most give it at least a week.

His attitude stopped him becoming a top player.

Or how about the time he was injured till Jan then handed in a transfer request because he wasn't playing?

He cannot be too far off a top player - 55 England caps and 19 goals and 15 goals in the premier league last year

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Always, unfortunately I have absolutely no control over it. I'm glad Brighton are sticking to their morals though and refusing to play in the premier league.

Well at least one of the two clubs has to have morals.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Swillis;7520496. said:
I mean apart from the premier league football and tens of thousands of pounds wages a week I'm not sure what we have to offer.

Surely this is nearing completion as it was announced in 2010 and with all the money you now have the 40k capacity must has risen to house your huge imaginary fan base. With such a state of the art stadium top class players will be fighting to join your club.

cpground.jpg

Last edited:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Surely this is nearing completion as it was announced in 2010 and with all the money you now have the 40k capacity must has risen to house your huge imaginary fan base. With such a state of the art stadium top class players will be fighting to join your club.

View attachment 76747

I have no idea about when we will get a new/revamped stadium.

On another note I thought you would have offered to help Tonyout with his 1.5 million per month losses, as you are nsc's richest poster :tosser:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

On another note I thought you would have offered to help Tonyout with his 1.5 million per month losses, as you are nsc's richest poster :tosser:

What does that have to do with this thread, apart from the fact you clearly have no clue so are resorting to deflecting questions and being abusive?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Think you are confusing him with Steve Foster, self proclaimed richest poster on NSC.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
What does that have to do with this thread, apart from the fact you clearly have no clue so are resorting to deflecting questions and being abusive?

Quite a bit, the stadium does not really bother me all that much. Losing 1.5 million per month or charging to go into a bar and you ask us if we are still against modern football ???

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Quite a bit, the stadium does not really bother me all that much. Losing 1.5 million per month or charging to go into a bar and you ask us if we are still against modern football ???

Yeah? I don't think you'll find anyone here that's exactly signing and dancing about us losing money, especially considering our history. So yeah, I do ask you that question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here