Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings - Burnley (H)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Proper was CLASS and a clear MOM for me. Nobody played badly after a shakey start. Webster did great at right back. Gross was good. Oh maybe Myrrray played badly actually but at least he was getting in the right positions.

Webster was just about my MOM but after him definitely Propper. He was brilliant again today as he has been all season. So much class on the ball and he was shattered at the end because he’d also put in an immense shift getting up and down the pitch constantly.

Superb player.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Thought we were dreadful for 30 minutes Hyypia-esque levels. Got better, but still creating little despite plenty of possession.

Ryan 6
Webster 6
Duffy 7
Dunk 8
Burn 7
March 6
Stephens 7
Propper 7
Gross 6
Maupay 6
Murray 5

Subs - N/A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
All about 6.5. No one played badly and no one was outstanding.

Agree but frustrated again with March, he had loads of opportunities to take on the defenders late on in the game but stopped short every time. Fine we may have wanted to consolidate but score again and game, set and match. We know if we attempt to keep hold on to what we got it never ends well.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Typical. Why do quality players who play with a touch of class and imagination rather than relying on energy and stamina always take the flack for 'not working hard enough'?

I remember Murray getting similar criticism when he first joined us at the Withdean.

I guess some people can't see class even if it whacked them right in the face.

It’s an English football problem, one of the reasons we haven’t won the world cup for so long. Players who are good on the ball are never as appreciated as much as those who can ‘put it about’.

Even today I see it at the kids football though hopefully we are slowly turning it around.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Typical. Why do quality players who play with a touch of class and imagination rather than relying on energy and stamina always take the flack for 'not working hard enough' whenever the chips are down ?

I remember Murray getting similar criticism when he first joined us at the Withdean in the 3rd division.

Not about that though is it?
Are you saying better players are exempt from working for the team?
If you are I don’t agree.

Thought Propper played well BTW, haven’t seen their goal so can’t comment.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
But you just can’t have been at the match if you rated Murray above Burn and Groß. I refuse to believe you.

What did Burn do well today? I know he’s been great so far this season but he was terrible today. He couldn’t even clear the first man with a long throw in :lolol::lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Propper is just being exposed because he is playing with more freedom and higher up the field. It’s simply not realistic to expect more from him in defence. He is our best player.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Are you saying better players are exempt from working for the team?
If you are I don’t agree.

No what i'm saying is that some people are clearly blinded by the emphasis of running around until you're breathless rather than the skill and talent a player may possess.
You will find hard workers in every division right down to sunday league level but you won't find players of the class of Propper anywhere below the level we're at but yet Propper is identified for his lack of running more than his top class footballing ability.

If I want to watch someone run around and put the handwork in, I'd go and watch CMS.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Typical. Why do quality players who play with a touch of class and imagination rather than relying on energy and stamina always take the flack for 'not working hard enough' whenever the chips are down ?

I remember Murray getting similar criticism when he first joined us at the Withdean in the 3rd division.

Can have all the class in the world but it’s more than just a one off,, he was at faulty for not tracking his man for the first goal against City last game out too. He simply should not be playing centre midfield as he hasn’t got the discipline, playing just behind the striker in that Gross role is where we should be playing him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Propper is just being exposed because he is playing with more freedom and higher up the field. It’s simply not realistic to expect more from him in defence. He is our best player.

Blimey, i’d hate to play in the same team as you [emoji2]

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Not arguing about his class.

Watch the goal back.

How much effort was he putting in there?

I’ve spotted this with Propper a while ago now and this is par for the course.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No what i'm saying is that some people are clearly blinded by the emphasis of running around until you're breathless rather than the skill and talent a player may possess.
You will find hard workers in every division right down to sunday league level but you won't find players of the class of Propper anywhere below the level we're at but yet Propper is identified for his lack of running more than his top class footballing ability.

If I want to watch someone run around and put the handwork in, I'd go and watch CMS.

Sure, but as good as he is, he still has defensive responsibilities as does everyone, as the team shape just goes.

CMS - yes very true

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was today the very very best example of Stephens:-

'Oh shite I've given the ball away, so now need to make a recovering tackle'?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
My thoughts exactly.
Someone made their mind up without watching the game at all

Fair enough on Gross, Sky and the BBC made him their man of the match. Sometimes you just get it wrong.

I’ve asked Luke93 about Burn now i’ll ask you. What did Dan Burn do well today? He’s been brilliant this season but for me it was a performance akin to Adam Virgo in the second Adams era. He kept getting into good positions, then not trusting himself to cross. The one time he did cross he cleared the entire box and it went for a throw. Fish out of water.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here