Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I am going to make a cup of tea, over which I am going to think about which one is the bigger turd. I may need the time it takes to drink two cups of tea in truth.

We have the strange situation that one of the major arguments in favour of vote leave was taking back control from unelected European Mandarins and here we are with Fararge and Cummings neither has been elected to any position within the British government let alone parliament rather odd that taking back control results in this

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
“Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or should it spilt families down the middle, have friends disown each other, go through two new Prime Ministers, including Boris Johnson, have a minority government propped up by the DUP that the opposition won’t actually oppose, use The Queen for political ends and remain for the next three and a quarter years anyway”.

You’ve got to hand it to Cameron. This referendum wheeze certainly was a top, top idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
“Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or should it spilt families down the middle, have friends disown each other, go through two new Prime Ministers, including Boris Johnson, have a minority government propped up by the DUP that the opposition won’t actually oppose, use The Queen for political ends and remain for the next three and a quarter years anyway”.

You’ve got to hand it to Cameron. This referendum wheeze certainly was a top, top idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was that or * Chaos with Ed Miliband *.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
Listen - there will be a short downturn, there will be Nazis, but we will come out the other end in a much better place.

Say what you like about Boris but he did get the far right out. You can't deny that.

A question for yourself and other Remain posters has there been any posts from Leave voters who have been convinced by your view of the political world since 2016 that your posts have convinced them that voting Leave was a mistake and if there was a second Referendum they would vote Remain ? just curious .

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
A question for yourself and other Remain posters has there been any posts from Leave voters who have been convinced by your view of the political world since 2016 that your posts have convinced them that voting Leave was a mistake and if there was a second Referendum they would vote Remain ? just curious .

I don’t think so, though I have not tried and have only skimmed this thread, but leavers seemed to be entrenched in their beliefs that no amount of facts will dislodge and going “na na na na you lost” :p like the intellects they are.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

Why do you describe it as simply a 'view'? Of course there is that aspect of it, but one would have to be blind to not see the overwhelming likelihood of 'bad times ahead', should we leave, particularly in the event of a No Deal.
I'm at a loss as to why some Leavers dismiss it all as 'Project Fear', as if everyone but other Leave voters are lying to them.
To answer your question (in a roundabout way), yes...I actually know people who voted Leave who have had second thoughts. Is that so surprising to you?
After all, it's now't but a massive gamble, for everyone, not just Leave voters.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Posts from certain leavers have enhanced my view it’s a mistake to leave to EU

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yellowhammer has been released.

It’s as bad as many thought it would be.

The whole of paragraph 15 is redacted, I wonder if that’s the one concerning martial law.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I don't think there are any leave posters on here that have changed their mind but the point is that there might be observers who may be persuaded by factual answers. Let's be honest, there are leave voters who have it in their dna to despise the EU, on notably has hated it since the day we joined. You don't need to persuade 17m people to change their mind, just those that were effectively floating voters.

That said, there could be leave voters that construct an argument to confirm it was the right decision but we yet to see anything along those lines!

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015

The whole of paragraph 15 is redacted, I wonder if that’s the one concerning martial law.

Paragraph 15 said

Tariffs make UK petrol exports to the EU uncompetitive. Industry had plans to mitigate the impact on refinery margins and profitability, but UK government policy to set petrol import tariffs at 0% inadvertently undermines these plans. This leads to big financial losses and the closure of two refineries (which are converted to import terminals) with about 2,000 direct job losses. Resulting strike action at refineries would lead to disruptions to fuel availability for 1-2 weeks in the regions they directly supply. Government analysis of the impact of no-deal on refineries continues.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

less flammatory than many have suggested, lots of loose qualification. focus on the redacted part will make up for this.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/rosamundurwin/status/1171864228879372289?s=21

Been rebadged from base scenario to reasonable worst case. Tories are taking the piss out of every voter now.

Para 15 regarding uncompetitive fuel exports leading to job losses as two refineries close and unavailability of fuel in those areas.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Big scoop from @Byline_Media - extraordinary amounts of money amounting to £8.3bn placed by Boris Johnson and Vote Leave backers on a no deal crashout on 31 October #Disast

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ve now read the Operation Yellowhammer report.

Is there any no deal Leaver that can give me even one benefit of a no deal Brexit. You will have to also provide an alternative to a WTO managed transition ,as due to Trumps blocking of Appeal Judges on the WTO appeals process, it looks like the World Trade Organisation will have ground to a halt by the end of December.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The redacted text:

Screenshot_20190911-210408_Chrome.jpg

I believe [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] cottoned on to this the other day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here