Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Cyclist Scumbag

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Can only assume you don't walk through central London. I cross the City most days and I can assure you that cyclists being entitled tw@ts is a daily occurrance... Likewise pedestrians being d1cks and van driver being c**ts. But cyclists seem to be the most angry that you, the pedestrian, dared to be (nearly) hit by them.

It's a London thing though, doesn't seem to be nearly as bad anywhere else I go.

We go up to London regularly, and walk almost everywhere if we can...never had a problem with cyclists tbh.

Maybe its because I am a cyclist that Im always looking out for them, & make sure I stop and check properly before crossing roads etc. Im not saying no-one else does but, maybe with the manic pace of daily life these days (especially in the city), & the distraction of smartphones etc. - those that dont ride bikes themselves dont automatically think of cyclists being there, & just assume its clear :shrug:

*Still doesn't excuse cyclists running red lights though....we should all adhere to the rules.

boik

I would say at least the same proportion of human beings on a bike that run a red light do so in a vehicle. :shrug:

Indeed. I live at Stonepound lights at Hassocks. See it all the time, but Sundays is a nightmare. Cyclists do it all of the time, but we also get big rideouts of bikers going past. You can guarantee that if the first fat Harley goes through, the whole string of 50-60 Harleys will barge through no matter how long the lights have been red. When the crossroads were closed we had a Harley up on the pavement going through pedestrians rather than take the detour like a real road user.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I almost got hit by an Albion fan after the Saints game who cycled through a red light at the pedestrian crossing at Wild Park. Absolute ****. But then lets face it most cyclists don`t adhere to the traffic lights.

I cycle in Mid Sussex and That London daily (including today) and would estimate 80-90% of cyclists adhere to traffic lights.

Of those who don't, it's mainly people pushing their luck on traffic light changes, rather than sailing straight through - albeit yes there are some of those, more than cars but at about the same level as pedestrians in the road.

Idiots on bikes are idiots, on bikes.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I've stopped confronting cyclists when they run red lights. It's not worth the abuse.

Usual turn of events -
*Cyclist runs red light*
ME: OI! Red lights are for you too mate!
Cyclist: AH F**K OFF YOU F**KING PRICK!

Like, dude, you nearly hit me, not the other way around.

They seem to be very angry people. Of course I'm generalising.
They are very angry people. And very bad at knowing the highway code. Especially the one who tried to overtake me when I was in the middle of a right turn, fell off, and when I stopped to see if he was ok, punched me in the face.

Only hope he damaged himself and his bicycle

I reported him to the police, who regarded it as assault, but unfortunately I couldn't identify him under the helmet and sunglasses.

Tw@t.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Has anyone ever met an adult cyclist who wasn't a complete ****?

There's a home game on saturday, and a good number of people who are going to attend the game are going to cycle. Why not go over to the cycle parking area and actually have a chat with some of the cyclists there? It might change your opinion a little bit, or it might make you less likely to mouth off online and generalise a whole load of people. Classless comment, whatever the context or intent.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's a home game on saturday, and a good number of people who are going to attend the game are going to cycle. Why not go over to the cycle parking area and actually have a chat with some of the cyclists there?
And get headbutted like the poor victim in the OP?
Classless comment, whatever the context or intent.
:flounce:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
We go up to London regularly, and walk almost everywhere if we can...never had a problem with cyclists tbh.

Maybe its because I am a cyclist that Im always looking out for them, & make sure I stop and check properly before crossing roads etc. Im not saying no-one else does but, maybe with the manic pace of daily life these days (especially in the city), & the distraction of smartphones etc. - those that dont ride bikes themselves dont automatically think of cyclists being there, & just assume its clear :shrug:

*Still doesn't excuse cyclists running red lights though....we should all adhere to the rules.

When you know a junction (because you cross it multiple times a day) a certain complacency comes with the sequence of lights. There are parts of the City where I will cross without *assuming* there is some CJTC ignoring the lights and therefore am clearly at fault for not looking out for them.
Is this pace of life? Probably. Is the offending cyclist both a tw@t for ignoring the lights and a c**t for loudly suggesting it's my fault? Absolutely.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I think they should make elevated cycle lanes and they should make them out clear perspex. That way cyclists would look like they were in ET.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I drive from Telscombe Cliffs to Moulscoomb and back again every day, using various routes due to traffic - usually Lewes Road. Every single day I see cyclists ignoring red lights. Usually I hold my tongue but if I am having an off day I will say 'red light fella' or words to that effect, never swearing or being aggressive. The responses are interesting to say the least...

Don't get me wrong there are divvy drivers, divvy motorcyclists, divvy pedestrians - but there is definitely a larger proportion of divvy cyclists than not.

Easy solution for me. Make all of them register as a cyclist, then issue them a high vis vest that has a reg number on it so they can be identified. Then if they break the rules of the road they can be held to account like the rest of us. Anyone who doesn't fancy it is immediately illegally cycling.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I drive from Telscombe Cliffs to Moulscoomb and back again every day, using various routes due to traffic - usually Lewes Road. Every single day I see cyclists ignoring red lights. Usually I hold my tongue but if I am having an off day I will say 'red light fella' or words to that effect, never swearing or being aggressive. The responses are interesting to say the least...

Don't get me wrong there are divvy drivers, divvy motorcyclists, divvy pedestrians - but there is definitely a larger proportion of divvy cyclists than not.

Easy solution for me. Make all of them register as a cyclist, then issue them a high vis vest that has a reg number on it so they can be identified. Then if they break the rules of the road they can be held to account like the rest of us. Anyone who doesn't fancy it is immediately illegally cycling.

Nothing could ever be proven, the “Someone stole my vest/my bike” defence, ANPR cameras used to identify cars will never be in place for bicycles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here