Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A GREAT exclusive from [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION].

And, at 16+ pages (and rising) a true long read, taking in thoughts and opinions from across the spectrum.

Who can begrudge paying him £60 a year for a subscription to NSC (£30 if you sign-up before October). :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bozza better hope we keep losing.
If we start winning and palace get back to losing this place will be a ghost town.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
We've unloaded a big chunk of change from the wage bill haven't we?

Knockaert, Locadia, Andone and Hemed must have been on well over £100k/week between them. Probably nearer £150k/week in fact.

Which we cant invest in the squad unless we get in a free agenct and i doubt there are that many around now. Seems very bizzare from the club.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Our 3 players who play up front , a 36 year old who is getting slower and slower, an under 23 who has no experience in any Premier football, plus a player who we brought from Brentford, and has not played one full game in the Premier league yet ,
Seems to me we are asking for trouble

And yet Trossard who is not a out and out striker get's the most chances, funny old game.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Im just really not sure about this, i was fuming with Andone after his red card against Southampton. But to leave us with an OAP, a 19 year old who hasnt played anywhere (bar a brief injured spell at Luton) other than the under 23's and someone with no Premier League experience and one good season at Brentford as our recognised strikers is a bold move.

Certainly that although I would go as far as to say outrageous.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Im just really not sure about this, i was fuming with Andone after his red card against Southampton. But to leave us with an OAP, a 19 year old who hasnt played anywhere (bar a brief injured spell at Luton) other than the under 23's and someone with no Premier League experience and one good season at Brentford as our recognised strikers is a bold move.

Murray has proved he is still fit enough and good enough. Connolly and Maupay sound rammed with confidence in their own ability and Trossard and Jahanbaksh have scored and made goals for fun at a very high level, albeit not the Prem. I think lower mid table is well within reach for this season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We've unloaded a big chunk of change from the wage bill haven't we?

Knockaert, Locadia, Andone and Hemed must have been on well over £100k/week between them. Probably nearer £150k/week in fact.

Unless we're still paying part of their wages?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Potter really rates Connolly and Alzate. No way he’d be talking them up like this and taking these kind of risks. Every chance he gets he mentions their progress. Interesting that he sees Alzate as a forward considering his one appearance so far was a wing back- but you could see from that performance that he’s a very intelligent, attacking player.

This is exciting if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This reminds me of the Garcia/Hypia seasons Barnes and Leo left leaving the ‘Head Coach’ with a big ask to get results. A scenario of Murray and Maupay out injured doesn’t bode well.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
This reminds me of the Garcia/Hypia seasons Barnes and Leo left leaving the ‘Head Coach’ with a big ask to get results. A scenario of Murray and Maupay out injured doesn’t bode well.

Nor does a scenario of Ryan and Button injured. Or Stephens and Propper. Or even Duffy and Dunk still.

We will be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No he's been a joy to work in the brief time i've been here by Potter this time around.
So, we have what we have, and will have to make do.

“A joy to work” with seems to be GP’s catchphrase replacing CH’s “a team at our level”

Which do you prefer?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Murray has proved he is still fit enough and good enough. Connolly and Maupay sound rammed with confidence in their own ability and Trossard and Jahanbaksh have scored and made goals for fun at a very high level, albeit not the Prem. I think lower mid table is well within reach for this season.

Which makes this such a big gamble.

I agree with that too, but this whole season feels that way. The club has shown balls that's for sure. So much for evolution, not revolution. I feel we are in for a helluva ride.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
One real positive from this with Connolly and Alzate effectively being considered 1st team squad players, it must give the rest of the U23s a real boost in that an avenue into the first team is not just a hypothetical one but a genuine one, which will also assist when looking to attract youngsters to the club.

I just hope that Murray and Maupay aren't seen anywhere near the treatment table for a few months or more

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
An utterly bizarre decision IMHO

Andone and Locadia out and we still have Jahanbaksh

Utterly bizarre

Can you imagine if we shipped Glenn out at the 11th hour tonight?
NSC would crash if that happened!

I guess since Anyone will remain on our books it'll be a few years before we get the real reason
Maybe AZ Gull can tell us who this guy is ???

Only one of which is a striker.

So we have:-

An aging striker.
A young untried striker.
&
A good championship striker
A top class Championship striker, actually.

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here