Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bobby Duncan ~ Arrogant, Confident or Naive or What

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The issue I had when I saw the tweet was that he tried to bring his issue with his "small" wages (£15,000 a week reportedly), a bullying claim, a desire for first team football AND a mental health claim all into one tweet. It all seemed very confused and I think that's why he's got such little sympathy as it's just ended up feeling like he's in it for the cash.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So the lad (or is it his agent) is surprised he can’t replace Augero, Sterling, Sané, Jesus and then Salah, Firmino and Mané.
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9058261 said:
In Italy for a medical to sign for Fiorentina. Be interesting to see if he's as good as he thinks he is.
He's going to have to be pretty ****ing good.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's going to have to be pretty ****ing good.
and I see that the transfer fee was £1.8m, which suggests he's not that good at all. That's a ridiculously low fee for an 18-year-old who thinks he should be starting for City or Liverpool.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It starts as young players are given a route abroad. Sancho not much older just signed £190k a week deal after a good 12 months.
They all want a piece of it now and there is no patience in waiting for a chance in the 1st team in England for a top 6 club. Will see more 18-20 year old demanding more time on the pitch and money. Sign of the times. Clubs outside the top 6 have an opportunity to snap a few of these up if possible where the route to the first team is a little easier
Not for £190K a week they won't!

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Agents and their fees need regulating urgently. It's a complete conflict of interest for agents to benefit so greatly from transfers and kids, which is what this player is, are getting poor advice so a middle age man who's been around the block can profit.

While I agree more young players should go abroad for playing time and the cultural experience, it should never be under the guise of bullying or that slavery shite someone came out with a few years back. They're most likely already earning more than their entire extended family combined and the role of the agent should be to advise, not hinder for personal gain.

Also, where's Percy Tau?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Firstly, he’s a good player and I completely understand why he wants to play football.
I don’t know how a player allows himself to be so manipulated by an agent whose only concern is money.
Hopefully that agent will have no dealings with the club again.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Firstly, he’s a good player and I completely understand why he wants to play football.
I don’t know how a player allows himself to be so manipulated by an agent whose only concern is money.
Hopefully that agent will have no dealings with the club again.

He's a kid being managed by an experienced, intelligent professional telling him and his family everything they need to hear. It's the likes of Yaya Toure - a full grown man, that I don't understand allowing their agents to write about birthday cakes without stepping in and saying "hold on, this is absurd".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's a kid being managed by an experienced, intelligent professional telling him and his family everything they need to hear. It's the likes of Yaya Toure - a full grown man, that I don't understand allowing their agents to write about birthday cakes without stepping in and saying "hold on, this is absurd".

Having seen first hand just how many catering staff work at the Etihad after the final game of the season at the Amex, I think he had every right to be pissed off that not one of them bothered to make him a birthday cake :shrug:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Not for £190K a week they won't!

Clearly not but Sancho didn’t start on that and has proved himself a very good player
Was suggesting a lot of the young players now want to see a pathway to the 1st team or they are off and some may see clubs like us now giving a chance to younger players and think they want to be part of that. If they cane to us ripped up the league they will get there 190k deal at United or arsenal or whoever at a great profit to the club. Sure TB, barber and DA all are thinking the same things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here