Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
He cost us 3 points for sure and I suspect he' do the same again. Shipping out loose cannons is fine by me, and (assuming it happens) GP is clearly happy with what's left so it's a :thumbsup: from me

Don't disagree but it wasn't as if the Southampton game was the first time we've seen Andone lose it.

Potter had the entire summer to bin off players who weren't the right "fit" so why wait until the transfer window has slammed shut to get rid of Andone and Locadia. If he didn't want them (and both of them had the same "issues" as last season: Andone = temperament. Locadia = not a footballer) they should have been sold in the summer and the proceeds reinvested.

No good will come of this shambles.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Yep good idea , now we are 2 strikers down , will we have enough players to fill the subs bench ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ultimately I am just pleased that GP is making his own changes to this squad. He must think, based on training, that Maupay and Connolly are good enough. If that proves correct, then binning off Locadia and Andone may prove excellent decisions. I was glad to see Duffy dropped too - we all know he likes a drink, and I suspect Potter won't tolerate that either.

It is quite clear that Potter expects players to act responsibly on and off the pitch given the f*king enormous sums of money they earn these days. I wish more managers would act decisively like this, and really hope it works out for Potter given the decisions he's made. After all, he's the one who loses his job when results are pony, the players just carry on regardless.

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt Swansea have one of the best disciplinary records in the Championship under GP last season? More likely to gain points with 11 on the pitch rather than 10!

Just maybe GP sees a disciplined approach as being a winning approach?! And having all fit players available all season will be key to this!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I was glad to see Duffy dropped too - we all know he likes a drink.

Serious question, how do we all know this? I've seen more pics/videos on social media of Dunk being pissed up than I have Duffy.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Andone has scored a third of our goals in the Premier League so far.

Master stroke by the club, if true. :ohmy:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Just coincidence for me that the red card came ahead of all the European transfer business being finalised.

Potter has had a good look at Locadia and Andone, given them first team minutes, and obviously doesn't see them as necessary to his squad. The Andone loan might not happen, however the fact we appear to be in discussions would suggest GP has okay'd it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Serious question, how do we all know this? I've seen more pics/videos on social media of Dunk being pissed up than I have Duffy.

Don't forget Stephens as well.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Turkey transfer window SLAMS shut at 10pm UK time tonight.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dare anyone suggest a touch of stereotyping with Duffy? :moo:
Shirley not.

But AK, Duffy & Stephens drinking culture is so well documented...

...on here.

The actual FACTS can't be too far away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here