Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bristol Rovers tickets

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
BRFC have gone belt and braces at the turnstiles! Every visiting fan turnstile had a scanning machine to read the ticket barcode. And EVERY turnstile also had a human being sitting there watching you put your ticket into the scanner, ready to help if a problem. So, digitisation, and still one employee per turnstile! Harnessing technology whilst not cutting jobs. Got to be the way forward.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does Bristol Rovers have that technology? Looking at rest of ground when I last went, albeit a few years back, it wouldn't have been a priority!

I'd had a few ciders on my way to the ground, but I'm pretty sure I entered by putting my ticket under an electronic scanner.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
BRFC have gone belt and braces at the turnstiles! Every visiting fan turnstile had a scanning machine to read the ticket barcode. And EVERY turnstile also had a human being sitting there watching you put your ticket into the scanner, ready to help if a problem. So, digitisation, and still one employee per turnstile! Harnessing technology whilst not cutting jobs. Got to be the way forward.

God (Barber) have mercy on the harvesters then!!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Maybe they should reduce the number of jobs and invest the savings in upgrading the portal toilets. Or maybe just a light in the urinals rather than relying on the glow from the floodlights as a starter.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Have we got the points yet?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Pretty much all our away games sold out the last few seasons, havent they? Bar a few at silly times on telly miles away

Same have indeed, but the majority have gone to general sale and some didn’t sell out at all.

If a fan wants to go to away games or wants to build loyalty points, there have been plenty opportunities for that to happen.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
My original point was, not just to get points for away games, but to be able to find a way to gain points against the group.

P1ssp0t cup matches are surely a good opportunity for fans to gain points against the main group, who as you correctly say, go to big away games that are often not totally sold out. It was more about being to elevate one’s position relative to the group, trather than just keep pace.

I wonder how many would have turned up in Tuesday if it was clearly stated at the outset “there will be zero points for this fixture”. That would be a weird strategy for the club to adopt...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My original point was, not just to get points for away games, but to be able to find a way to gain points against the group.

P1ssp0t cup matches are surely a good opportunity for fans to gain points against the main group, who as you correctly say, go to big away games that are often not totally sold out. It was more about being to elevate one’s position relative to the group, trather than just keep pace.

I wonder how many would have turned up in Tuesday if it was clearly stated at the outset “there will be zero points for this fixture”. That would be a weird strategy for the club to adopt...

There were no points allocated when the tickets went on sale, so why should people expect them?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Because it would be the first competitive senior game since ??? with zero points, so there is a general expectation....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There were no points allocated when the tickets went on sale, so why should people expect them?

Because it would be the first competitive senior game since ??? with zero points, so there is a general expectation....

You could argue both but given there has always been points allocated to every match I'm in the latter camp. Would expect a solid 15 points for this. I just think the club were keeping it on the low to make sure no harvesting went on. Looked to the naked eye (with assisted glasses) that attendance pretty much matched tickets sold?

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
15 points will be awarded for attendance to the home game v Villa in the next round.
Surely an away trip to Bristol merits the same amount......

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Does anyone know how many we took? Thoroughly enjoyed watching us from a terrace ...

The Argus reported the away figure as 1,008. I have no idea what the source was for that (Bristol Rovers, Albion or police) and whether it represents tickets sold or physical attendance.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The Argus reported the away figure as 1,008. I have no idea what the source was for that (Bristol Rovers, Albion or police) and whether it represents tickets sold or physical attendance.

I had to drive up to London on the afternoon and then over to Bristol and back, I ended up arriving late and struggled to park.

By the time I got to the ground I could not get in. I had to rattle the gate to get attention. They were not interested in scanning my ticket as the turnstiles were closed and just let me in.

So hopefully it was probably at least 1,009.

Worth the late arrival back due to the M25 being closed at the M1 for both the 92nd minute winner and the first, first team goal for Connolly.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I had to drive up to London on the afternoon and then over to Bristol and back, I ended up arriving late and struggled to park.

By the time I got to the ground I could not get in. I had to rattle the gate to get attention. They were not interested in scanning my ticket as the turnstiles were closed and just let me in.

So hopefully it was probably at least 1,009.

Worth the late arrival back due to the M25 being closed at the M1 for both the 92nd minute winner and the first, first team goal for Connolly.

I would email the club just in case you don't get done for harvesting ...

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
Loyalty points for this game haven't been decided as yet according to a reply I have just received from supporter services.
Would assume some will be awarded.
Given we also have a home tie in the next round I assume points will be allocated for those that attend that game too.

Have you heard any more from Supporter Services about the points decision?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here