Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia season-long loan to Hoffenheim

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Everyone on this thread has assumed potter let him go because he doesnt think he's good enough. I really don't believe this is the case, he's played 2 of the 3 games this season. I think locadia has forced this through and aparantly the Dutch coach at Hoff rates him for some unknown reason.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Alternatively, I think Potter used preseason and the competitive August matches to assess and give a chance to Locadia, Jahanbakhsh, Connolly etc.

He’s reached his conclusions, and now we see a player or two departing.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I am quite surprised to see him leave, I though he was going to come good, but it just didn't happen for him. One good thing to come out of this.....Aaron Connolly will now almost certainly be involved in the senior team.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Connolly will get given a PL squad number - you are allowed to change one player - one in / one out - around end of August when rest of Europe transfer windows close

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Everyone on this thread has assumed potter let him go because he doesnt think he's good enough. I really don't believe this is the case, he's played 2 of the 3 games this season. I think locadia has forced this through and aparantly the Dutch coach at Hoff rates him for some unknown reason.

Why a loan then, instead of selling him?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It certainly sounds like he has forced this move.

Potter’s comments about the player wanting to press the reset button and wanting a move for his career and the club respecting that shows it’s Jurgen who wanted to go.

I’m sure he would have stayed if GP had promised him more football but he hasn’t shown he is a regular starter for us.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Thank god he’s gone. Lets move on and forget about how much the lummox cost. It happens with all clubs. I’ve a feeling about Maupay.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Locadia to potter before Bristol rovers game: “ Gaffer , can I go to Hoffenheim?”.
Potter: “Sorry, it’s a no. We’ve got no one As good as you for cover”.

Potter to locadia after rovers game: “jurgs mate. I’ve booked you a flight”.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Connolly will get given a PL squad number - you are allowed to change one player - one in / one out - around end of August when rest of Europe transfer windows close

He's already got a number, plus he doesn't have to be named in the 25 as Under 21's can play anyway.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's already got a number, plus he doesn't have to be named in the 25 as Under 21's can play anyway.

Also he's currently still listed in the under 23's squad on the clubs website.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Well I am not exactly gutted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Bye-bye Loco.If you ever score we will maybe hear about it,but I hope not.Not an Albion legend,unlike Ashley.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd be surprised if we get a Barneseque level of interest in Big Jurg's every waking move.

Once gone id imagine he'd need to win a golden boot or 'retire to concentrate on my music' to move the needle on here.

To be fair (which I rarely am) when Big Jurgs was ours I was prepared to back him to come good.

Now he's out on loan, with less than zero chance of reappearing like last night's cheeky kebab the following morning, after an unwise and heavy coughing fit, I am happy to finally exhale and admit that he's clearly a poor man's Kazim Kazim and can **** right off out of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here