Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who would go in goal if Maty took a red 'for the team'?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Glenn Murray.

_93779919_murray-2.jpg

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Burn is next up surely, he would just pluck corners from the sky, take the ball down, run 90 yards and deliver a pinpoint cross for Maupay to smash home.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

That decision still annoys me as - although it is clear handball - the ball was sailing way over the bar, so Murray didn't actually stop anything good happening for Massive.

One of those where I know it's the laws, but the laws are an arse in this instance.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel

Was an extremely harsh decision to give him a red for that...unfortunately Murray just seems to automatically gravitate his hands into the path of the ball when it comes his way. He needs to learn from the CBs and keep them behind his back. That being said, I’m with [MENTION=13683]Cowfold Seagull[/MENTION], that match is still in my personal top 5 just for the sheer rollercoaster ride.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Seems Graham likes to use all his subs, and I envisage the Aussie switching codes briefly to bring down that forward about to deprive us of the points in the dying minutes. Hopefully he'll have ventured outside his box (like v. West Ham) to do the deed, but are any outfielders designated as emergency 'keepers?
Dan Burn seems an obvious contender in that his height makes up for his (presumed) lack of agility, but as this is the opposite reason for Ryan's success it's perhaps a poor call!

Who’s our smallest outfield player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
juan-pedro-gordo.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wouldn't he have to be outside the box under the double jeopardy rules (as long as it was a genuine attempt to win the ball, not just going all Harald Schumacher on Salah or something)?

If we use the starting XI from the weekend, I would imagine the pecking order goes;

Dunk
Burn
Dufffy
Murray

Maybe thats the key to keep him, if narrowly, on the right side of the offside line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here